Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Rec All Star vs Travel Team question...(12U)

by SkidMarks » Fri May 08, 2009 9:31 pm

We know a few of the All Star coaches from our old Rec League who have asked if we would be interested in coming out and doing a few scrimmages to help them warm up for their All Star Season. The question is, would this in any way impact THEIR eligibility in All Star Tournaments? I guess you would consider the Rec League as 'B' level, if that matters.

While our team has nothing to gain by doing this, besides a few extra nights of practice, I would consider doing it and try to make it interesting by having our catchers call pitches, maybe have our girls do the base coaching, etc, etc.

Anyone been down this road before?

SM
SkidMarks

by artomatic » Fri May 08, 2009 9:34 pm

I think it would be bad fo the all stars...not worth the risk for them.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crazycoach23 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Why would it be bad for the Rec All Stars?? Because they could lose their eligibility or the travel team would embarrass them on the field? What's the risk?
crazycoach23

by Dropn N » Fri May 08, 2009 10:41 pm

SM, what if they whoop your A** who wears the skid marks then? Your teams not that good!
Dropn N

by artomatic » Fri May 08, 2009 10:42 pm

crazycoach23 wrote:Why would it be bad for the Rec All Stars?? Because they could lose their eligibility or the travel team would embarrass them on the field? What's the risk?

eligibility.

in socal anyways, rec all stars are considered "B", or "C".
Travel team are considered "A". Doesn't matter their level of talent.
rec all stars are not supposed to play travel teams, or they can have their classification changed to "A", which would make them ineligible to play rec districts, state, western ""B, etc...

bringit wrote:Last year in all stars we were unable to play any travel team until after state. We were in the socal central district.
:?

If you qualify for western B's from state, you still can't play any travel teams after state, because you are still in championship play, unless you decline the berth.
Last edited by artomatic on Fri May 08, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bringit » Fri May 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Last year in all stars we were unable to play any travel team until after state. We were in the socal central district.
:?
bringit

by SkidMarks » Sat May 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Dropn N wrote:SM, what if they whoop your A** who wears the skid marks then? Your teams not that good!

Then that gives me all the ammo I need to run brutal 6 hour practices from here until the end of the year... :lol:

Thanks, Arto, that's what I was looking for, these guys are friends of ours and we would be doing them the favor, but not if it will risk their eligibility, which it appears will. Guess if they wanna have a go, they'll have to wait until after they play their last tournament.

SM
SkidMarks

by NumeroUno » Sun May 10, 2009 3:11 pm

I believe as long as their are no umpires they can play you without a problem. Have a dad or the catchers calls balls and stirkes and make sure the all star pitcher wears a game face ;) and no snacks after the game :lol:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by GSB » Sun May 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Skid,

Two years ago my DD's All Star team played a local travel team. The All Star team won and I never heard of any ramifications with ASA for either team. I would not recommend playing an All Star team. Nothing in it for the travel team. If the travel team wins (big deal, they beat a rec team). If the All Star team wins, (big moral let down for your travel team). Its a lose/lose proposition for the travel team.
To each their own.
GSB

by NumeroUno » Sun May 10, 2009 7:09 pm

she should have worn a game face on her hand also :roll:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Next

Return to CA