Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

WHO ARE THE TOP TEN PITCHERS IN 12U SOCAL

by ARCHRIVAL » Fri May 01, 2009 11:21 pm

WHO ARE THE TOP TEN PITCHERS IN 12U SOCAL :idea:
ARCHRIVAL

by Clean_up » Sat May 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Does it really matter who is the "best" in the 12s? Instead of picking a handfull of kids, I will give you my take on the overall pitching in this division:

There are a handfull in group 1 who throw harder, are taller and stronger than the pack. These kids are throwing in the 54 - 58 mph range. I notice that they usually stick to two or three pitches and live on the outside corner for the most part. They can be intimidating because of their height and that plays a big part in shaking the confidence in many of the batters they face. These kids are talented, but will need to develop all their pitches in order to stay on top in 14s. (disclaimer - there are three pitchers I exclude from this statement, I think they have a good mix of pitches and do a great job moving the ball around)

Then there is group 2, there are about 10-15 pitchers in this group who have good speed, movement and consistency and seem to also have more pitches or at least use more pitches in their arsenal. These pitchers are throwing in the 51 - 54 mph range. These kids are consistent, have a decent strike out percentage, do a great job with pitch placement/moving the ball around. Some of these pitchers don't have the defense behind them to be on our radar, but most are on the top 10 teams in Brackets poll.

What will be interesting to see over the next couple of years is the players in group 2 as they start to grow, most of these kids are throwing more variety of pitches and have more movement than half the kids in group 1 and my feeling is by 2nd year 14s, as they mature will surpass most of them, but not all.

JMO...
Clean_up

by Popsof4 » Sat May 02, 2009 9:07 pm

ARCHRIVAL wrote:WHO ARE THE TOP TEN PITCHERS IN 12U SOCAL :idea:

1) ARCHRIVALS DD
2) ARCHRIVALS DD
3) ARCHRIVALS DD
4) ARCHRIVALS DD
5) ARCHRIVALS DD
6) ARCHRIVALS DD
7) ARCHRIVALS DD
8) ARCHRIVALS DD
9) ARCHRIVALS DD
10) ARCHRIVALS DD

Ooopps almost forgot ARCHRIVALS DD
Popsof4

by softball_parent » Sun May 03, 2009 9:00 am

Who is dominant in 12U is almost never the same in 16U and 18 gold.
softball_parent

by hotwheels » Sun May 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Clean_up wrote:Does it really matter who is the "best" in the 12s? Instead of picking a handfull of kids, I will give you my take on the overall pitching in this division:

There are a handfull in group 1 who throw harder, are taller and stronger than the pack. These kids are throwing in the 54 - 58 mph range. I notice that they usually stick to two or three pitches and live on the outside corner for the most part. They can be intimidating because of their height and that plays a big part in shaking the confidence in many of the batters they face. These kids are talented, but will need to develop all their pitches in order to stay on top in 14s. (disclaimer - there are three pitchers I exclude from this statement, I think they have a good mix of pitches and do a great job moving the ball around)

Then there is group 2, there are about 10-15 pitchers in this group who have good speed, movement and consistency and seem to also have more pitches or at least use more pitches in their arsenal. These pitchers are throwing in the 51 - 54 mph range. These kids are consistent, have a decent strike out percentage, do a great job with pitch placement/moving the ball around. Some of these pitchers don't have the defense behind them to be on our radar, but most are on the top 10 teams in Brackets poll.

What will be interesting to see over the next couple of years is the players in group 2 as they start to grow, most of these kids are throwing more variety of pitches and have more movement than half the kids in group 1 and my feeling is by 2nd year 14s, as they mature will surpass most of them, but not all.

JMO...

Excellent post and right on the mark!
hotwheels

by NumeroUno » Sun May 03, 2009 6:18 pm

54 mph -58 mph, I thought you were talking about 12u not 14u :lol:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by ARCHRIVAL » Mon May 04, 2009 12:04 am

I apologize for the disappointment, my DD does not pitch. Here is the list that has been brought to my attention:

PS and Not the new recruit!
JYNX
BS
CA

would you like to add to the list! to confirm or deny!
ARCHRIVAL

by Clean_up » Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 am

NumeroUno wrote:54 mph -58 mph, I thought you were talking about 12u not 14u :lol:

I am, there are 12U pitchers throwing in this range - 2 on PS, 1 on Rebels, 1 on BS 96 and I'm sure there are some in group 2 hitting 55-56, but not consistently.
Clean_up

by Clean_up » Mon May 04, 2009 8:36 am

ARCHRIVAL wrote:I apologize for the disappointment, my DD does not pitch. Here is the list that has been brought to my attention:

PS and Not the new recruit!
JYNX
BS
CA

would you like to add to the list! to confirm or deny!

CA Rebels
OC BB Marquez
Cal Thunder
Clean_up

by softballmafia » Mon May 04, 2009 8:40 am

Let me see clean-up you where out there with you $50.00 radar gun and clocked all the four pitchers at 58 mph or you visually zoomed in with your keen built in clock and registered their
speed....just curious
softballmafia

Next

Return to CA