Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Post Fresno Force 14U Teams: My Thoughts

by hotdogfinger » Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 pm

madness wrote:My opinions: Sorry if I sound like and a$$ but I call it exactly how I see it.

I concur, you are sorry and you are an A$$.
hotdogfinger

by Iluvblue » Sat May 02, 2009 7:26 am

So last year when that pitcher was whipping all of those socal 12u teams on her way to a third place finish at nationals that didnt count? Or when she was in 10s and pitched her team to a 5th place finish. And being from norcal, Ill be the first to admit, that the team she had behind her was not likely equal to the teams she was facing.

Or Maybe Marty's Angels, who she just beat last weekend dont count either.

Or lets talk about some other Norcal pitchers while we are at it.

I dont think it was a stretch at all 3 years ago to say the best 2 pitchers in Gold were norcal pitchers, Katy Cotta and Amanda Williams.

I will NEVER say the Norcal teams are at the level of socal, on a whole, they likely never will be. But to dismiss a pitcher because she is from norcal shows your lack of experience around this game.
Iluvblue

by Iluvblue » Sat May 02, 2009 6:28 pm

oh, sorry,

But she beat whatever Angels team was there. And yes the Angels did get beat by the team that won the tourney. they lost to TNL 4-0 on Saturday.
Iluvblue

by Iluvblue » Sun May 03, 2009 6:40 am

I assume this is your first go round with a daughter in this sport Madness.
typical, stupid arrogance. And you have nothing to be arrogant about:)

There are just too many fantastic athletes to compete with. And up here, nobody draws all of the best to one team.
Iluvblue

by wadeintothem » Sun May 03, 2009 10:14 am

Good teams - but no one awed me and I saw no thoroughly dominate teams. Good players playing hard. Thats what I saw. 2 of final 4 were Nor Cal teams and I thought any of those 4 could have taken it. One day a few years past - Ron Clark let loose a 13 y/o Alicia Hollowell to mow down 18Gs.. well I didnt see one of those.

I remember last year in 18G - it was quite the same with SoCal claiming title before the big show. I posted after the 18G NQ I worked that So Cal was not dominate. I worked the top 18G's - Angels, Firecrackers, Sorcerers Sting.. all even. They were even. No so cal dominance. It does not exist at 18G. Well I was mocked ... but guess what - So Cal did not dominate in OKC either - exactly as I predicted. Of course, So Cal had the gal to continue to claim dominance despite that final finishes.

The land scape will change for all when 14U's get rosters set - but from what I've seen - it was pretty even - and that can be attested to by the sheer number of so cal teams that went home before the top Nor Cal Teams in the finals.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by BonezMom » Mon May 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Platinum wrote:
hotwheels wrote:
BonezMom wrote:
hotwheels wrote:
dodgerblue wrote:
and they lost to possibly the best 14u pitcher in the country

What team does the best pitcher in the country pitch for????

What the hell? I thought I had her on my team :shock:

My DD isn't on your team HW....

HAHA, maybe Sharky will send me loaner....... ;)

He can't, he's holding her hostage :lol:

HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too bad, so sad, bye bye
BonezMom

by NumeroUno » Mon May 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Did they ever post the order of finish for the FF tourney?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Previous

Return to CA