Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Observations from Fresno...

by dittoz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:55 am

Just wanted to get the ball rolling on the after-party...

Had a terrific time - the girls played well and as usual, SoCal showed their talents and waxed our NorCal butts. Our Folsom Flash 14u girls at least made it to the Gold division for Sunday and represented NorCal, but that was about the extent of it. Got to play Victory USA Saturday, at least kept it close at 2-0...

-- Finally met Anderson Natalie - appreciate the brief chats during the day on Saturday!
-- Tried to find Wade, timing never did work out...
-- Watched TNL play the Angels Saturday - cannot tell you how much fun it is to watch two truly competitive teams go at it.
-- Watched a 10-inning / 4 or 5 ITB game between the Grapettes and the Hurricanes. Not sure who was the most tired... parents, coaches or kids!
-- Got to try the BBQ at the Doghouse on Saturday night. If you're ever back in Fresno, this is a must-do ! It's on Shaw, just east of Fresno State U.

Thanks to Intel and the FF - great tourney as always, (although the snack bar @ FRP needed some tuning this time. Not enough food variety and just a wee bit expensive!)
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by wadeintothem » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:08 am

I even went to the doghouse on sat and had the tri tip with about 6-7 other umpires!

How could you not run into me? I thought I met everyone at the tourney!
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by dittoz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 am

Ships passing in the night I guess (sigh...)

We'll be around Arnaiz still this season, I'm sure.
Need to pop in and say hi to CR at some point too.
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Iluvblue » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:43 am

Ok, Now I get it.

Wade was out late slamming a few. That explains a few technical difficulties with a few Infield fly calls:)
Iluvblue

by wadeintothem » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:51 am

Haha C

How you could not want to call IF on that just because she took a few steps in beyond me. I waited late and called it late because I was watching it - Just because she moved a little and was looking for the ball at first did not negate that was a routine play. And my partner agreed.

That was an ordinary play. You thought that catch was extraordinary?

That was a good call. And if she dropped it and doubled up on that, that would not have been fair to the offense... hence the rule and great call by me :)

I'm sure we'll have to agree to disagree though ----

-----------------------------

The 2nd one with 2 outs I'll eat although there was a reason for that... but I'll just eat it when its your bad your bad.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by NumeroUno » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:45 am

Wade did 2 of our games this weekend in Fresno and did a great job. One of the better umps that we had.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Iluvblue » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:53 am

I will jump and say you called it late, because for a second you hads the same thought I did, which was that ball might drop. It was not routine to me as 2nd and 1st were both moving to make that catch, and neither of them were sitting there under the ball waiting for it to come down. But definitely a judgment call.

And your partner agreed with you, but one of your fellow umps sitting right by me agreed with me:)

But I was really referring to the 2 out infield fly call more than anything:)
Iluvblue

by wadeintothem » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:58 am

No, you know hes not umping this year, he's doing the daddy thing - you've corrupted him ;) - now he's the worst heckler there is :D
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

Return to CA