Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Did ASA botch 18A State tourney?

by Mike Lednovich » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:47 am

According to an email from another 18A team, ASA has failed to find a location for the state 18U tournament and has decided to qualify the top 20 Ca. teams from nationals last year into the 2009 nationals.

Anyone else heard this?

Additionally, ASA had also scheduled this tournament the weekend before the Colorado Fireworks and Sparkler tournaments making it impossible for those parents choosing to drive to Colorado to participate in both events.

In our case, we've got at least 5 families driving (because of the economy) leaving on that Saturday. Not much point playing the ASA state with 9 players.
Mike Lednovich,
Fullerton College/OC Hawks 18Gold
Mike Lednovich

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:13 pm

Hadn't heard this. I do know that there are a few locations looking to host 18A. Just may not be confirmed yet.

Not sure they care about the Showcase tournaments and the States. They have 16u states scheduled the same time as the JO Classic in Vegas which is another big scouting event.
Sftbll4ever

by Coach11 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Mike Lednovich wrote:According to an email from another 18A team, ASA has failed to find a location for the state 18U tournament and has decided to qualify the top 20 Ca. teams from nationals last year into the 2009 nationals.

Anyone else heard this?

Additionally, ASA had also scheduled this tournament the weekend before the Colorado Fireworks and Sparkler tournaments making it impossible for those parents choosing to drive to Colorado to participate in both events.

In our case, we've got at least 5 families driving (because of the economy) leaving on that Saturday. Not much point playing the ASA state with 9 players.

You didn't happen to receive the email today, 4/1, did you?
Coach11

by hotwheels » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Coach11 wrote:
Mike Lednovich wrote:According to an email from another 18A team, ASA has failed to find a location for the state 18U tournament and has decided to qualify the top 20 Ca. teams from nationals last year into the 2009 nationals.

Anyone else heard this?

You didn't happen to receive the email today, 4/1, did you?

Now that's funny!!
hotwheels

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:05 pm

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
Sftbll4ever

by hotwheels » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Spazsdad wrote:But knowing SoCal ASA it did not seem to be out of the realm of possibilities

I was just thinking to myself that I am not surprised :o
hotwheels

by NumeroUno » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:24 pm

I thought that tourney was in hemet but I could be wrong.

I think Minors Gold is hosting the 18 Gold State in Hemet/ Menifee
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Return to CA