Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

My after Vegas view on the So. Ca teams in 12u -

by bracketologist » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:11 am

After the Surf City Tournament Next Weekend – we will have a new poll.

Here is my take on the current 12u situation.

The main contenders for State and Nationals honors are Group 1 & 2. We are at the point, where Group 1 teams should be consistently beating teams outside of Group 1 & 2. Therefore Group 2 teams should be beating the teams below Group 3, and so on. I don't really call it an upset if a Group 3 team beats a Group 2 team. But a Group 3 team beating a Group 1 team is a mild upset.

Group 1:
Hold - (#3). Corona Angels Knighten – Smart friendly scheduling playing the right 14u teams.
Buy - (#4). San Diego Power Surge – His teams tend to peak early, likely to regain #1 in April.
Hold - (#2). CA Rebels – Were separating themselves – until pitching issues hit!
Sell - (#1). Firecrackers – Haven’t seen anything in spring that tells me “this is the #1 team”
Buy - (#15). Bomb Squad 96 – Playing good ball right now! Ranked #15 – undervalued buy this is a top team

Group 2
Hold – (#5). O.C. Batbusters Marquez – inconsistent
Hold – (#7). O.C. Wildcats 96 – inconsistent
Buy – (#9) OC Batbusters Snow97– Buy April is typically the break-though month for 1st yr 12s.
Sell – (#6). So Cal Jynx – inconsistent, but have not looked sharp yet.
Hold – (#11). Cal Thunder – Going to the whip too early, but the schedule is not killing them.

Group 3
Sell – (#8). Valley Tribe 96 & 97 – Went to the whip too early – fall back and regroup.
Hold – (#10). Corona Angels Lockman (mixed 96/ 97) – inconsistent
Hold – (#12). Raiders – inconsistent
Buy – (#18). Team Smith 96 – a little undervalued at #18.
Buy – (#16). AA Palomino 97 – Buy before mid April!

Group 4
Sell – (#14). Irvine Sting – inconsistent, may be a little to high at #14.
Hold – (#19). OC Batbusters – Ray – Lets’ see how big a bump they get in April.
Buy – (#NR). TNL – Great understanding of 12u softball. Buy – not ranked – undervalued.
Sell – (#13). So Cal Crunch – just missing something! Always two plays away.
Buy – (#22). Revenge 96 – constant recruiting is paying off. Additions make this team undervalued at #22.

Group 5
Hold – (#20). No Fear 96 – waiting to see how they match up in a tournament.
Buy – (#26). Outlaws Garden Grove – buy welcome them to the poll officially.
Hold – (#24). Minor’s Gold 97 – inconsistent
Sell – (#17). Corona Xpress – did they leave their confidence in Las Vegas? Overvalued at #17.
Sell – (#21). Nemesis 96 – inconsistent
Sell – (#23). So Cal Diamonds – a little overvalued at #23, but not much.
Hold – (#25). SD Legacy – just hanging on to the poll.
bracketologist

by hotwheels » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:05 am

bracketologist wrote:After the Surf City Tournament Next Weekend – we will have a new poll.

The main contenders for State and Nationals honors are Group 1 & 2. We are at the point, where Group 1 teams should be consistently beating teams outside of Group 1 & 2. Therefore Group 2 teams should be beating the teams below Group 3, and so on. I don't really call it an upset if a Group 3 team beats a Group 2 team. But a Group 3 team beating a Group 1 team is a mild upset.

Group 1:
Hold - (#3). Corona Angels Knighten – Smart friendly scheduling playing the right 14u teams.
Buy - (#4). San Diego Power Surge – His teams tend to peak early, likely to regain #1 in April.
Hold - (#2). CA Rebels – Were separating themselves – until pitching issues hit!
Sell - (#1). Firecrackers – Haven’t seen anything in spring that tells me “this is the #1 team”
Buy - (#15). Bomb Squad 96 – Playing good ball right now! Ranked #15 – undervalued buy this is a top team

Group 2
Buy – (#9) OC Batbusters Snow97– Buy April is typically the break-though month for 1st yr 12s.
Hold – (#11). Cal Thunder – Going to the whip too early, but the schedule is not killing them.

Group 3
Sell – (#8). Valley Tribe 96 & 97 – Went to the whip too early – fall back and regroup.

Group 4
Buy – (#NR). TNL – Great understanding of 12u softball. Buy – not ranked – undervalued.
Buy – (#22). Revenge 96 – constant recruiting is paying off. Additions make this team undervalued at #22.

Group 5
Sell – (#17). Corona Xpress – did they leave their confidence in Las Vegas? Overvalued at #17.

Group ! is far and away the best 5 teams out there. Everybody else is playing for 6th.....On a consistent basis these 5 teams will beat everybody else on this list in a do or die game.....I would say Power Surge 96 and Angels Knighten are the 2 best teams here overall!! Firecrackers and Rebels right behind them. I would take Bomb Squad and move them to group 2, they don't belong on group 1.....They are close but need to prove they have more than just one pitcher....
Also, Minor's Gold had more 96 starters than 97 starters in Vegas so we should start calling them a mix...Not a true 97 team!
hotwheels

by NumeroUno » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:51 am

I was at a game about a month ago and I was talking to some lady. I asked her how her dd's team was doing and she says I think we are okay we are top ten on the bracketologist's list on heybucket.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by SOFTBALL TAXI » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Sorry
Minors Gold 97 used 2-3 96 players in there starting line up. The pitching was led by 97's
with only 1 loss to Lil Rebels. :)
hotwheels wrote:
bracketologist wrote:After the Surf City Tournament Next Weekend – we will have a new poll.

Group 1:

Group 2

Group 3

Group 4

Group 5

Group ! is far and away the best 5 teams out there. Everybody else is playing for 6th.....On a consistent basis these 5 teams will beat everybody else on this list in a do or die game.....I would say Power Surge 96 and Angels Knighten are the 2 best teams here overall!! Firecrackers and Rebels right behind them. I would take Bomb Squad and move them to group 2, they don't belong on group 1.....They are close but need to prove they have more than just one pitcher....
Also, Minor's Gold had more 96 starters than 97 starters in Vegas so we should start calling them a mix...Not a true 97 team!
SOFTBALL TAXI

by hotwheels » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:04 pm

SOFTBALL TAXI wrote:Sorry
Minors Gold 97 used 2-3 96 players in there starting line up. The pitching was led by 97's
with only 1 loss to Lil Rebels. :)

True or maybe not true but doesn't make a difference.....By the way, was it 2 or 3? You are obviously on the team......3 is 30% of a starting line up.....Hardly on "ALL 97 TEAM".....Either way, you guys are a good team and I was just making an observation.....
hotwheels

by Alice » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:48 pm

We played this team this winter and they had 3 very strong pitchers. Do they have an injured pitcher or did someone quit?
Alice

by AM Softball » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:33 pm

Alice wrote:Hold - (#2). CA Rebels – Were separating themselves – until pitching issues hit!

We played this team this winter and they had 3 very strong pitchers. Do they have an injured pitcher or did someone quit?

Nobody quit. The Rebels have the same 3 pitchers.
AM Softball

by scorkep » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:34 pm

No one quit the Rebels
scorkep

by hotwheels » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:59 am

NumeroUno wrote:I was at a game about a month ago and I was talking to some lady. I asked her how her dd's team was doing and she says I think we are okay we are top ten on the bracketologist's list on heybucket.

That is classic and we talk about it from time to time with some of our parents on our own team as well as opposing parents......Heybucket is EVERYWHERE!!
hotwheels

by Under the Radar » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:20 am

hotwheels wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:I was at a game about a month ago and I was talking to some lady. I asked her how her dd's team was doing and she says I think we are okay we are top ten on the bracketologist's list on heybucket.

That is classic and we talk about it from time to time with some of our parents on our own team as well as opposing parents......Heybucket is EVERYWHERE!!

You know the problem with this is that you can put too much into it. I dont think you can look past any team on the entire list as on any given day any team can beat any team on it. Hopefully all the teams on it are getting better every week.
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA