Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

TCS Dancing in The Desert Schedule - Will they ever learn?

by HighHeat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 pm

TCS Dancing in The Desert Packing List March 9, 2009

1. Glove
2. Bat
3. Cleats
4. Helmet

TCS Dancing in The Desert Packing List updated March 12th 2009

1. Gun
2. Bullet Proof Vest
3. Police Scanner

Wow. I agree. Maybe I should be thankful there is no place to stay. Next year Vegas. At least there I can be victimized by crime and have fun doing it.
HighHeat

by NumeroUno » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:06 pm

HighHeat,

If I was as paranoid as you are about the fields I certainly would not take my kid there.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by HighHeat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Numero Uno,

I guess my sense of humor got the best of me. I'm not paranoid about the fields. I know nothing about them other than what has been posted here. I live in So Cal and I understand there is violence everywhere. And, I assume TCS would not put on this tournament if they did not feel it was a safe location.

That being said, this post was not started with anything to do with the safety of the fields. It was started as a commentary on why TCS doesn't limit the number of teams in its tournaments so that they can fit in all of the games and still allow the teams to get home at a decent hour. Our team will not be getting home until almost midnight.

I agree with your earlier post about not joining the tournament if you don't like the number of teams or location. Problem is that you don't know where the games are being played and the times until the schedule is posted. Even if our team saw that there were so many teams signed up that it would be difficult for TCS to get them all in at a decent hour, by that time it would be too late for the team to get its money back and get in another tournament.

I just think TCS can do a better job of making sure teams are not getting home at midnight and then possibly having to play at 8:00 the next morning. That's my only beef.
HighHeat

by NumeroUno » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:49 pm

I agree with you and sorry if I seemed like a jack A$$ but when the trolls jump in just to bash people to take the heat off themselves it makes me mad. Good luck this weekend
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by HighHeat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:22 pm

No offense taken. I know my Packing List post was probably in bad taste. But then again, look at my avatar ;) I just want the girls to be able to play at a reasonable time on Saturday and still be able to come out Sunday with the energy they need to compete at a high level.
HighHeat

by HighHeat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:37 pm

Probably not a bad idea. Or, they could just pull an all nighter (then sleep for 24 hours) like most of their parents did in college before a big test.
HighHeat

by GSB » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:52 pm

I just booked a hotel room. Problem solved.
To each their own.
GSB

by HighHeat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Where did you find a room at a decent price. I checked into the Morongo and its $199. Hampton Inn was full.
HighHeat

by anonlooker » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:00 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
HighHeat wrote:No offense taken. I know my Packing List post was probably in bad taste. But then again, look at my avatar ;) I just want the girls to be able to play at a reasonable time on Saturday and still be able to come out Sunday with the energy they need to compete at a high level.

Redbull???

Given the locale, shouldn't that be Chief Red Bull? Or Sitting Red Bull? Or... :shock:

And are the shootings and police chases really all that common? I mean, do the girls just play on with bullets whizzing by and sirens screaming in the distance? Sounds kind of silly, or even stupid, if true. And if the boys tournaments have been stopped there, why do the girls still play there? It can't really be that bad... can it??
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by GSB » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:11 pm

HighHeat wrote:Where did you find a room at a decent price. I checked into the Morongo and its $199. Hampton Inn was full.

I booked a room at Super 8, Hemet. $61 a night and 8 miles from the fields. Not a first class establishment but will do for a quick overnighter. They provide breakfast and have a few rooms left.
To each their own.
GSB

PreviousNext

Return to CA