Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

2009 Easton Clarity- Stealth!!!

by J.D. » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Can I get some feed back on this bat? DD broke her 08 Stealth and its being replaced with the 09 Clarity Stealth. I know the 08 is a "better" bat, but how's the 09 doing?
J.D.

by bunt-n-run » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:52 pm

You need to search the last month or so for posts on this site. Tons of info on the Easton bats and the new clearcoat.
bunt-n-run

by J.D. » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:24 pm

found some good info on the search, but what about the "break-in time" of the Clarity Stealth? The white/purple 08 model seemed "hot" right out of the box. Is the Clarity good to go right out of the box???
J.D.

by bunt-n-run » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Most of what I've heard has nothing to do with the performance of the bat itself. It's this new VCT coating that's getting most of the press. Just a few days ago we were talking about a bat that already had some cloudy spots on it after only 5 months. The integrity of the bat is fine...in fact it's probably getting hotter. However, how long before the Umps start pulling them is another question. I can tell you that the players on our team do like the bat and it seems to have plenty of pop.
I would highly recommend that the new bat be used in games only though.
bunt-n-run

by softballpop » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:13 am

DD got one just a few weeks ago to replace her Rocketech. The bat is great and should get even hotter. Not only does she love it...but the rest of the team does too. It felt a little heavier than others of comparable size/weight and we were a bit concerned at first...but, after using it and seeing the results, we've been very impressed. Somebody told me it changes color as it gets broken-in...Not sure if this is true.
softballpop

by NumeroUno » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:20 am

softballpop wrote:DD got one just a few weeks ago to replace her Rocketech. The bat is great and should get even hotter. Not only does she love it...but the rest of the team does too. It felt a little heavier than others of comparable size/weight and we were a bit concerned at first...but, after using it and seeing the results, we've been very impressed. Somebody told me it changes color as it gets broken-in...Not sure if this is true.

The bat that I saw that was broken in had a long black steak on it, by the way once this happens the bat is no longer legal, you should have stuck to the Rocket Tech
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by xxxYerOut » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:48 pm

NumeroUno wrote:
softballpop wrote:DD got one just a few weeks ago to replace her Rocketech. The bat is great and should get even hotter. Not only does she love it...but the rest of the team does too. It felt a little heavier than others of comparable size/weight and we were a bit concerned at first...but, after using it and seeing the results, we've been very impressed. Somebody told me it changes color as it gets broken-in...Not sure if this is true.

The bat that I saw that was broken in had a long black steak on it, by the way once this happens the bat is no longer legal, you should have stuck to the Rocket Tech

DD was asking for "the bat that changes colors as it breaks in" when we were talking about what she wanted next. Is this not a good bat and why would the color matter? We had a bat tossed this weekend because it had loose fiber that rattled, but the color?

DD has been using a Blue Cat2 for a while now, but did like her Mayhem she had before that better.
xxxYerOut

by GSB » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:15 pm

NumeroUno wrote:

Numero,

You sure? I was under the impression that the umpires said there is no rule yet in place that covers the changes in color as a basis for pulling a bat or deeming it illegal.

Got to tell ya. The more I see from that Worth Titan the more impressed I get. One of my coaches clued me into it. One of the girls on the team bought one. Wow! I know Worth was not traditionally in the top rated bats. Everything has changed now. That thing is sick. Better pop and controllability than last years Stealth, without all the malfunctions. During the last two weeks I have witnessed 6 home runs come from girls swinging that thing. Two from the girl on my team. I am picking one up for my DD this week. I will give you an update after a few weeks.
To each their own.
GSB

by NumeroUno » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:26 pm

I was at a 18 Gold Tourney in Huntington Beach and their was a Easton dealer there. She had a new Clarity that had been rolled, same as broken in just done by a machine. She showed me what it looked like when these bats become illegal. It had a very dark line 1 inch thick 12 inches long down the barrel. Maybe our ump friend Wade can answer the question that if he sees a bat like this will he pull it?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by broadband » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:27 am

This video shows what it looks like when the bat breaks down, or has been rolled. The color becomes much stiffer than the original due to the separation of the fiberglass laminates within the barrel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi4JHaovWUs
NCAA Softball Official
broadband

Return to CA