Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

American Athletics

by softballdad2 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 am

I heard one of their pitchers got hurt this past weekend, i guess she took a line drive to the face. does anybody know how she's doing.
softballdad2

by CharlieHough » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:24 am

I posted yesterday under the Friendly results. I know she is in good spirits because my daughter received a text/picture of her! A big smile through the brusies and swelling!

Thanks for everyone's concern and support. I am sure she will be out supporting the team this weekend at the TCS tourney.

Here is my post:

Re: Santa Ana Xtreme Friendly 1-18-09
AA's - Palomino over USA Athletics - ahead when game was stopped in the last few minutes
AA's - Palomino over SA Xtreme96
AA's - Palomino over OC Elite

I received a few emails today from parents and teams concerned about our pitcher who was injured by the line drive...Here is an update from her parents:

#99 arrived home late yesterday afternoon and is in good spirits. She was excited to hear from her teammates and friends and is very touched by all of what they have to say. The results of the CAT scan showed that she has broken a couple of bones in her nose and the orthopedic surgeon is expecting a complete and normal recovery.

Considering the world we live in today it is in many ways a great relief to discover that in our life's journey we have somehow found ourselves surrounded by a caring group of people where the human spirit is still very much alive and well.
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by HBFORCE » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:55 am

HB Force 96 would like to wish her a fast & full recovery. She is in our thoughts.

We played in the game just before this one, so we had all gone home. We heard about it the next morning.

Get better and we hope to see you out there this weekend at TCS.

Good luck to you guys!!

HB FORCE 96
HBFORCE

by NO FEAR » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:22 pm

We hope there is nothing seriously we pray for her speedy recovery.

No Fear 96
NO FEAR

by SkidMarks » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:33 pm

I was at that one and that was as scary as it gets...Hope Hanna recovers fully and is able to resume pitching.

This is a topic for another thread, but the Mask is almost a MUST in this game. I'm not a pitching dad so I don't give it as much thought, but seeing this girl lying motionless for 20 minutes was scary. The girl that hit her was a mess as well. I don't know what that little layer of plexiglass would have helped, but after seeing that, if my daughter was in the circle, we would be fitting the mask right about now.

SM
SkidMarks

by NumeroUno » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Parents, if your DD pitches please make them wear a mask.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by YellowBalls » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:04 am

Do you think ASA will make it mandatory for pitcher's to wear a face guard any time soon? Do you think they should, and if so at ALL age levels? Even college? Just curious.
YellowBalls

by BonezMom » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:41 pm

NumeroUno wrote:Parents, if your DD pitches please make them wear a mask.

Mine 10yo wears one pitching and infield... during games and practices... She fought me tooth and nail on it but with $2500 worth of metal in her mouth she didn't have a choice.
Too bad, so sad, bye bye
BonezMom

by Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:21 pm

I was standing behind the backstop when this young lady was hit. As a Father of a long time pitcher (my oldest currently pitches for a local college), I have believed that ASA should make face masks mandatory for all pitchers. This is the same situation that MLB faced 30 to 40 years ago with batting helmets. It took the Tony Conigliaro beaning in 1967, which was a near fatality, for MLB to implement batting helmets as mandatory. My oldest, the pitcher, was standing right next to me when this young girl was hit in the face, which was truly frightening. I looked at her and told her that this is exactly why I wanted her to wear a face mask, and she replied "never". She is over 18 now, with her college team, so I can't "make her" wear the mask. I have been to several college games this year and have yet to see even one pitcher wearing the mask, so there is apparently significant social pressure among the players not to wear one. Her team has played UCLA and CSUF in scrimmages this fall, and I can tell you that the girls at this level hit the ball pretty hard. That, combined with bat technolog,y means that a tragedy is only a matter of time. Come on ASA, do the right thing. Make pitching masks a mandatory equipment rule for pitchers. This is a no brainer.

Rich
Rich

by softballdad2 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:37 pm

come ASA, I think now it's come on parents, this could have been any one of our daughters to get hit in the face. Now my daughter pitches, she has a mask but never wears it, but after hearing about this girl getting hit, She will be wearing her mask. A $40.00 mask is a lot cheaper and more valuable than the medical bills and and damage that can come from not wearing one. jmho
softballdad2

Next

Return to CA