Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

2009 Gold Clssification Tournament

by softballmafia » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:35 pm

hanico wrote:That whole OC Elite thing is funny, 13 year olds playing gold. They have some ex CA gold coach, well that is what he said, who goes to A's gold Bu!!sh%ts everyone that he is the savior pulls kids and parents and coaches and A's administrators to drink the juice that will show the light. How do people buy into this stuff. What does it take to be a great Gold coach------ #1 is you must me able to sell a ketchup popsicle to a women with white gloves and #2 sell ice to an Eskimo.

I agree Hanico....seen them play and they would have trouble playing in the 14u where they belong.....the 14u tryed playing 16,s and got their butt wiped and had to move back down to the 14's.....play your age were you belong!
softballmafia

by jmo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Sftbll4ever wrote:Thanks for that Sam! I was under the misguided information that once you register as a gold player, you can not go down another level to play. Muchas Gracias!!

Once you play in a Gold qualifier, you can't go down. This is not a qualifier.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:57 pm

jmo wrote:
Sftbll4ever wrote:Thanks for that Sam! I was under the misguided information that once you register as a gold player, you can not go down another level to play. Muchas Gracias!!

That I do know. ;)
Sftbll4ever

by watcher » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:15 pm

jmo wrote:

I believe a player could petition the commish for the right to go back down, Has that changed ?
watcher

by Sam » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:29 am

Watcher,

Never heard of that one. Once you have signed a Championship Roster which is redlined...you are at that level of play...you can't go down....period. If your team doesn't qualify, you can play up a division...or two...but you can't go down.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by playball » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:54 pm

softballmafia wrote:
hanico wrote:That whole OC Elite thing is funny...sell ice to an Eskimo.

The 14u tryed playing 16,s and got their butt wiped and had to move back down to the 14's.....play your age were you belong!

Damn, I've seen teams take a lickin' but to get their butts actually wiped, now that's a beatin'. Guess you meant "wipped". :lol:
playball

by movinup » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Sam wrote:Watcher,

Never heard of that one. Once you have signed a Championship Roster which is redlined...you are at that level of play...you can't go down....period. If your team doesn't qualify, you can play up a division...or two...but you can't go down.

Sam,

Interesting point. However the rules state that if you classify and don't play in a gold qualifier you are in violation of ASA's Code of Conduct and you may face sanctions.
movinup

by Sam » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:11 am

movinup wrote:
Sam wrote:Watcher,

Sam,

Interesting point. However the rules state that if you classify and don't play in a gold qualifier you are in violation of ASA's Code of Conduct and you may face sanctions.

Good luck enforcing that one....when no other Region has the same classification rules. Thats the real problem....these guys used the ASA code regarding classification backwards....the classification rules in ASA allow officials to force non-J.O. teams to move up....classification has nothing to do with ASA....you are either A or B...and your hand is forced regarding whether you play A or B in April.

The Gold rule regarding ASA's code of conduct is hilarious. Lets see....the classification tournaments are not ASA Championship play....but you state the rules say that you would be in violation of the code of conduct if you don't play in a Gold qualifier....and the ASA Code of Conduct requires only that you CONTINUE in Championship play....I would love to hear how one would CONTINUE to do something that they aren't currently doing....wouldn't you?
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Demonboy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:39 pm

playball wrote:
softballmafia wrote:
hanico wrote:That whole OC Elite thing is funny...sell ice to an Eskimo.

The 14u tryed playing 16,s and got their butt wiped and had to move back down to the 14's.....play your age were you belong!

Damn, I've seen teams take a lickin' but to get their butts actually wiped, now that's a beatin'. Guess you meant "wipped". :lol:

Never seen a team get wipped either.

Guess you meant "whipped".
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by NumeroUno » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Can any team no matter of age group sign up to play in the Gold Classification tourney?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to CA