Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

2009 Gold Clssification Tournament

by All-American SB » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Dynasty over OC Elite. - American Pastime wins this bracket (probably in 2 mercy games)
Breakers over Crunch-Braden - agree
Courage over Desperados - I think this could be weakest bracket
Pride over Xpress - Winner of Pride vs Impact Game wins bracket
Raiders over Wicked - agree
3rd Degree over Thunder-Valarie - I have Thunder winning
Jets over Nemesis Elite - agree
VIctory USA over Magic - agree
Sudden Impact over Bustos Elite - Bustos wins
(This is a tough one) Pumas over Synergy - agree
Minors Gold over OC Elite - agree
Team Anderson over Fillys Gold - agree
Team Smith over Renegades Tillett - Renegades over Team Smith (but Renegades/Case game is the best first round game)
Firecrackers-Ristow over Primtime - TNL over Thunder
(Weakest bracket) Sliderz over Impact - Impact wins bracket
Irvine Sting over Rocksteady - Irving Sting wins (could probably give them their classification already)

In the Primetime/Thunder/TNL/Firecrackers bracket, one of the teams will need to classify in February since the losers of the first game play each other in the loser bracket. In the loser bracket, you still only have to win three games to classify.
All-American SB

by Demonboy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:45 pm

Pastime isn't mercying much of anyone lately.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by NumeroUno » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:26 pm

Pastime has not made Nationals in a few years and their manager was one of the ones that voted for the GOLD qualification tourney. Would that suck if his team does not qualify as a gold team? I am not sure if they will mercy anyone either, don't forget 14's cannot play in this tourney
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by dontknowmuch » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:47 pm

how many so cal pumas teams are there. i only see one. if this gary's team with all the fast lefty slappers?
dontknowmuch

by Bill_B » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:17 pm

dontknowmuch wrote:how many so cal pumas teams are there. i only see one. if this gary's team with all the fast lefty slappers?

The team has, as I understand it, a Gold qualified squad and a younger squad. I think this is the younger squad but I am not sure.
Bill_B

by jmo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Bill_B wrote:
dontknowmuch wrote:how many so cal pumas teams are there. i only see one. if this gary's team with all the fast lefty slappers?

The team has, as I understand it, a Gold qualified squad and a younger squad. I think this is the younger squad but I am not sure.

This is the younger squad. The older squad is already "Classified" not qualified. And yes he sure does have a bunch of fast slappers - as usual.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by All-American SB » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:30 am

Not associated with American Pastime Gold but have seen them play at many show case's this year. They are not a bad team. I know they have not qualified for Gold Nationals for the past couple of years, but the two teams that they have to play have never qualified (or at least Lilly has not qualified in over 10 years). The Pastime team came within a game of qualifying last year on two occasions, and this year's team is basically the same players.

As for not allowing 14u teams to play in the Classification Tournament, the OC Elite Navy team is not to far away. I think about half the team is 14u eligible. I agree that it would be very funny if Pastime did not classify considering Larry's stance on the classification, but it would also be funny if OC Elite Navy classified and all of those girls were stuck in Gold with no chance of qualifying for nationals. Now this should get this post rolling. :D
All-American SB

by Sam » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:44 am

All-American SB wrote:Not associated with American Pastime Gold but have seen them play at many show case's this year. They are not a bad team. I know they have not qualified for Gold Nationals for the past couple of years, but the two teams that they have to play have never qualified (or at least Lilly has not qualified in over 10 years). The Pastime team came within a game of qualifying last year on two occasions, and this year's team is basically the same players.

As for not allowing 14u teams to play in the Classification Tournament, the OC Elite Navy team is not to far away. I think about half the team is 14u eligible. I agree that it would be very funny if Pastime did not classify considering Larry's stance on the classification, but it would also be funny if OC Elite Navy classified and all of those girls were stuck in Gold with no chance of qualifying for nationals. Now this should get this post rolling. :D

They won't be stuck...another fallacy in the qualification procedure. Teams who attain Gold classification don't have to enter Championship Play...so those players can play 18A...or 16A...or 14A if they are age eligible. So you can compete and actually qualify at the Gold level....which previously disqualified players from moving down in classification....but choose to go back to your age bracket.

Idiots.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hanico » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 am

That whole OC Elite thing is funny, 13 year olds playing gold. They have some ex CA gold coach, well that is what he said, who goes to A's gold Bu!!sh%ts everyone that he is the savior pulls kids and parents and coaches and A's administrators to drink the juice that will show the light. How do people buy into this stuff. What does it take to be a great Gold coach------ #1 is you must me able to sell a ketchup popsicle to a women with white gloves and #2 sell ice to an Eskimo.
hanico

by Sftbll4ever » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks for that Sam! I was under the misguided information that once you register as a gold player, you can not go down another level to play. Muchas Gracias!!
Sftbll4ever

PreviousNext

Return to CA