Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who is actually going to the Frenso Force Classic?

by PDad » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 pm

Bucket Mom wrote:In looking at both lists, it appears that some teams that are confirmed for SCF are on the FF list, as well.

FF list doesn't indicate whether teams are confirmed (paid).
Since Bustos Elite, Cal Breeze and SD Renegades have all paid for SCF, I expect that's where they're playing.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by pitcher97mom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Numero Uno - so the SCF is capping out at 24 teams per division? No chance of any other additions?
pitcher97mom
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Last I heard that is it. 24 -12's and 24 -14's

When SCF applied for fields in August 2009 they were given certain dates for fields. They did not expect to have that many teams. The fields for the rest of this year is already on the web site. www.socalsfinest.com
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Surehitter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:13 pm

No insult meant :| The best teams will be in Hemet playing and the left overs will be in Fresno, maybe a good team or two trying to cherry pick a tournament win. I will smile as I drive by Fresno with my younger DD on the way to Hemet.
Surehitter

by Old Darter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Surehitter wrote:No insult meant :| The best teams will be in Hemet playing and the left overs will be in Fresno, maybe a good team or two trying to cherry pick a tournament win. I will smile as I drive by Fresno with my younger DD on the way to Hemet.

What a hole. :oops:
Old Darter

by Surehitter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Just The Facts - Just The Facts !!
Surehitter

by lvtwft » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Surehitter wrote:No insult meant :| The best teams will be in Hemet playing and the left overs will be in Fresno, maybe a good team or two trying to cherry pick a tournament win. I will smile as I drive by Fresno with my younger DD on the way to Hemet.

The best overall perhaps will be at So-Cal, but look at page 7. If you take the 10 finishers from both, it will be pretty close whom will come out on top...
With all the teams going to FF, dont think cherry picking is an option(do they grow cherries in Fresno ;)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by Mustafa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:45 pm

Ok folks I'm going to give an objective opinion about this whole situation. Bottom line everyone looses out! The FF because the better 14U Socal teams aren't there (Jynx, Angels, Powersurge, etc.). The SCF because the better 14U Norcal teams aren't there (Sorcerers, Sting, Grapettes, etc.).

Socal - can't be happy playing the same teams they play every weekend.
Norcal - can't be happy not seeing the Socal competition.

It's a shame that we have lost sight of the reason we're all here...for the players. Part of being on a travel ball team is to actually travel and meet new people. experience different teams, make new friends. Some of us are making this a FF vs SCF thing. Let's all take a step back and ask ourselves are we better after all this or have we just weakened our California softball community?

Now some of you will not like hearing this and that's ok. Everyone has their opinion and is entitled to it. I just hope we can all somehow come to terms and do what's right for the players.
Mustafa

by sportzjunky » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:53 am

what is best for alot of these teams in the economic times is staying close to home and saving the money for later or/and maybe they are too strap'd on cash to begin with. Finding sponsors is harder and harder to help support the extended frivelous travel of the past, and team parents as a whole entity (12-15 sets) are as broke as ever. Id blame the economy before any website or group. Someone said and i agree "all good people"..

And I believe everyone is already doing whats best for the girls. Especially at the elite level teams that are on the lists. They get it. Regardless of where some of these teams play tournaments they will be a national contender and have a plan already in place to get them there. And why allow the pressure of a tournament dictate to YOU where to go when your team already has or is damn near assured a berth without a long non-qualifying road trip.

This is about a plan to take a group of kids to and winning a national championship... not appeasing some tournament or anyone else.... except your own team and organization. JMO.
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by CheckWriter » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:19 am

When youngest DD got to high school, I remember my wife noting: "What are we going to for my Birthday this year? We won't be in Fresno!"

I think it impacts the Nor Cal teams more negatively than the So Cal teams. Nor Cal doesn't have nearly the mature friendly circuit to get quality ball played outside of tournaments. Even then, you end up playing the same teams a lot.

I do agree that it is good to have a venue where there is a whole set of teams you don't normally play (sometimes haven't even heard of). That's what was so cool about the first time we made the Colorado pilgrimage.

Obviously this whole TB thing is very expen$ive and $aving a buck can make foregoing an otherwise good tournament an easy decision.

I do miss those hard 5-6 hole grounders turning in to home runs because of the putting green-like grass at the one high school.

Anyway, I think it's too bad the teams are getting split up, but that's life, isn't it?
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA