CA

Pitcher hit in the head!

by NumeroUno » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:33 pm

How about you wear a mask or you don't pitch :idea:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Bucket Mom » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:36 pm

So sorry to hear about your DDs accident. Nothing scarier than watching your daughter take a shot. Glad to hear that she is doing well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Bucket Mom

by Dropn N » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Glad to hear your daughter is doing well and will continue to pray for a full recovery. I was at the fields today and witnessed first hand what happened. As a pitchers Dad I guarantee that my daughter will be getting a mask on Monday!

I don't care who you are, don't think that it can't happen to your DD. I hear over and over but Dad my reflexes are good...it only takes one. Do you think Jenny Finch or Cat could get out of the way of a line shot from Crystal Bustos no flippin way.

Buy your daughter a mask for Christmas.
Dropn N

by wadeintothem » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:26 am

My thoughts and prayers are with your DD and I'm glad to hear she is doing well.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Coffeequeen » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:29 am

I have been discussing with my DD that we would be looking into getting her a mask over the past few weeks. After hearing about this incident, I purchased the Rip It mask immediately. I told my DD, "No Mask, No Mound".

I am happy to hear your DD is doing well. All the best your family.
Coffeequeen

by neverhere » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm glad to know she is doing well and hope the best for your DD. I also hope that she can get back on the mound again soon, without fear. A close friends DD took about a year to work through the fear after being hit and is now doing very well as a pitcher, needless to say she wears a mask as well as my DD. God bless.
neverhere

by Madmun » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:49 pm

As a father of a pitcher, this is my worste fear. I am glad to hear she will be ok. We'll pray for a speedy recovery.
Madmun

by Dropn N » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Madmun why not get her a mask?
Dropn N

by F-Soft- » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:58 pm

My DD was playing in a 10U friendly today opposing pitcher got hit in the shoulder and ricorshade up to face. It happened so quick we all thought it went off her face, she split here lip open and went to Hospital.

My DD Pitches also and ever time I mention she should wear a mask she said I am not going to do it.

While all the girls were taking a knee as coaches were attending the girl my daughter turns to me and says
“Dad get me the mask”. I think any one who sees a girl get hit like that gets the message real quick.

So I went on the bucket to see what people are recommending and I see this Post...
Read it to my DD and says, “so what one are we getting, I want the Rip it one”.

PS. I know your family and see your DD Practicing at the local park with her catcher.
Best of luck to your family on getting thru this difficult time.
F-Soft-

by bc9363 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:00 pm

We are fortunate to have so many good friends in softball, including the many who have responded on the Bucket to Allie's accident. She was released earlier this afternoon after about 30 hours at Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo. That is a wonderful hospital and the staff was excellent in every way. She is on bed rest for the week and out of softball for 6 weeks. Time to give thanks and time to shop for a mask. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We are deeply appreciative and I will share them all with DD later. Her teammates are coming over in a bit to see if they can get her headache back up to a No. 10.
bc9363

PreviousNext

Return to CA