Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Who is Going Where

JENNA KELLY VERBALS TO NORTH CAROLINA TARHEELS

Reached your goal? Tell us where you are playing.

by sca44dad » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Jenna Kelly, junior shortstop for Saugus High School, and 3b, 1b, and shortstop for So Cal Athletics 18 Gold, verballed with The North Carolina Tarheels on November 16th, 2009. GO HEELS! A VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCE RICHARDSON, ROB WEIL, AND SEAN NIERMAN OF THE SO CAL ATHLETICS 18 GOLD ORGANIZATION, AND JENNA'S PRIVATE BATTING INSTRUCTOR, TERRY HOLDEN. IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT ALL OF YOUR HELP! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
Last edited by sca44dad on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sca44dad

by NumeroUno » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Congrats Jenna, I have seen you play and NC will be happy when you get there :!: :!: :!: :)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by sportzjunky » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:54 pm

Congrats to Jenna. Well deserved and definitely a solid ball-player always willing to sacrifice herself for her team.. Watch her long enough you will see ESPN-highlight moments. The kid knows how to make big-time clutch plays.

She's another one we have watched since she was 7 or 8. 'bucket member BRUWINFAN had one hell of a rec-ball team at Hart ASA B when the kids were younger. Lots of talent from that National Minors Marlins team just ran into Rich Perez coaching the stud grandkid (now a firecracker).
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by americanfreedom » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 pm

sportzjunky wrote: . . . She's another one we have watched since she was 7 or 8. 'bucket member BRUWINFAN had one hell of a rec-ball team at Hart ASA B when the kids were younger. . .

OMG, that brings back memories! My DD was huge at 10u. I mean BIG! We were walking into the park in St. Louis at ASA 10u "B" Western Nationals when the Hart All Start team came walking in. My DD was dwarfed by most of the Hart team. They were all big, blonde, tanned, etc. Looked like a bunch of 14us. Her eyes were wide as saucers and she sort of studdered . . . "loooook at them daddy." I just smiled and said: "welcomed to ASA Nationals, baby." We still tell that story and laugh about it all the time. That's where it started for her, I think.

Congrats to this kid. That Hart team was definitely awesome!
Tim Soefje
American Freedom Gold
Cell: (972) 922-8866
Email: americanfreedomgold@yahoo.com
http://www.americanfreedomgold.com
americanfreedom

by artomatic » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm

americanfreedom wrote:
sportzjunky wrote: . . . She's another one we have watched since she was 7 or 8. 'bucket member BRUWINFAN had one hell of a rec-ball team at Hart ASA B when the kids were younger. . .

OMG, that brings back memories! My DD was huge at 10u. I mean BIG! We were walking into the park in St. Louis at ASA 10u "B" Western Nationals when the Hart All Start team came walking in. My DD was dwarfed by most of the Hart team. They were all big, blonde, tanned, etc. Looked like a bunch of 14us. Her eyes were wide as saucers and she sort of studdered . . . "loooook at them daddy." I just smiled and said: "welcomed to ASA Nationals, baby." We still tell that story and laugh about it all the time. That's where it started for her, I think.

if youre talking about 2006 10u B's in St Louis, that was a younger Hart team (95's).
I think Jenna Kelly is 2 years older (93).
And yeah, congrats, she is a great player.
We were in St Louis in 2006 also - South Huntington Beach!
small world huh?
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by americanfreedom » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 pm

artomatic wrote:
americanfreedom wrote:

if youre talking about 2006 10u B's in St Louis, that was a younger Hart team (95's).
I think Jenna Kelly is 2 years older (93).
And yeah, congrats, she is a great player.
We were in St Louis in 2006 also - South Huntington Beach!
small world huh?

2004 ASA 10u "B" Western Nationals. At the time, DD played with the San Antonio Gator Girls. DonnieS was there with his younger DD with the KC Kaboom. It was the first time we had really met and our DDs have been friends ever since. Softball is a small world!

Whatever happened to some of those Texas and California girls? I remember the first baseman for PYL All stars and the catcher for Vista Blue especially were beasts.
Tim Soefje
American Freedom Gold
americanfreedom

by DonnieS » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:25 am

Yep, I remember that trip quite well, looked at the photos and spotted you walking in the crowd.
Attachments
TimSoefje.jpg
Tim in the yellow / blue cap
TimSoefje.jpg (96.8 KiB) Viewed 7371 times
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by americanfreedom » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:28 pm

No way that can be me unless that photo was taken with a low-fat film. :D Man I would kill for a photo of my DD from that tournament. We had a computer crash and lost everything years ago! Thanks for the memories Donnie.
Tim Soefje
American Freedom Gold
americanfreedom

by DonnieS » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:35 am

americanfreedom wrote:No way that can be me unless that photo was taken with a low-fat film. :D Man I would kill for a photo of my DD from that tournament. We had a computer crash and lost everything years ago! Thanks for the memories Donnie.

I looked through that set, this stuff is on my archive drive, but didnt see anything else of you or Tess. I know have some of tess on the South Carolina trip the next year, did you lose those as well?
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by wprosser » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Go Tar Heels.

My daughter started playing softball in SoCal (Santee ASA) outside San Diego. Her love for it continued when we moved back to NC. Unforutnately she is a NC State fan. East Coast softball is getting hot.
wprosser

Return to Who is Going Where