Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Sad/Scary Day In SD Softball Community

What's on your mind?

by winginit » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:16 am

By Matthew Rodriguez
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

March 4, 2008

The coach of a North County traveling girls softball team has been arrested on suspicion of having sex with a 17-year-old player.

Christopher Facione of Carlsbad is charged with two felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. Facione is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday in Superior Court.
Facione, 37, is the founder of The Next Level Athletics, an Encinitas-based sports organization for athletes 6 and up. In addition to the girls softball team, the organization has offered clinics and camps in other sports such as football and basketball.

Facione, who grew up in Orange County, played baseball at the University of California Berkeley and professionally in the minor leagues. A phone message left for him yesterday wasn't returned.

According to the declaration in support of an arrest warrant, Facione had sex with one of his softball players twice at his Carlsbad home. The first incident occurred on or about Oct. 2, 2007, the complaint says. The second between Oct. 7 and Oct. 20, 2007.

On Jan. 18, the declaration says, Facione spoke with the player, whose doctor thought she might have contracted a sexually transmitted disease. Facione assured her that he routinely gets tested, the declaration says.

After the call, Facione sent the girl text messages, including one saying he missed her and asking her out to dinner, according to the declaration.

It is the policy of The San Diego Union-Tribune not to identify possible victims of sexual abuse.

A warrant for Facione's arrest was issued Feb. 20, court records show. He was arrested Thursday and later was released on $100,000 bail.
winginit

by Tucson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:28 am

Wow. It looks like they have quite a bit of evidence on this guy.

People are stupid for committing a crime and then texting about it. I don't know of any adult that texts teenage girls. Just let another teen do that, if necessary.

I will always wonder why these predators don't wait until the girl is 18.
Tucson

by hotwheels » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 am

WOW, I'll stop there!
hotwheels

by fastpitchmom17 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:04 am

WOW Tuscun, mabey u need a big 'o pic of an ASS next to ur name! :evil: Hello!!!! Parents & Coaches of players here and the best comment u could come up with was, huh huh....should've waited till next year!!??!! What kind of a sick SOB are you? The guy was 37yrs old! Not to mention a Coach and trusted member of the community.
fastpitchmom17

by peon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:08 am

that's it fastpitchmom, way to spread the love
peon

by fastpitchmom17 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:22 am

Tucson wrote:Wow. It looks like they have quite a bit of evidence on this guy.

People are stupid for committing a crime and then texting about it. I don't know of any adult that texts teenage girls. Just let another teen do that, if necessary.

I will always wonder why these predators don't wait until the girl is 18.

And I always wonder y people don't think b4 they speak??????? :roll:
fastpitchmom17

by artomatic » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:23 am

fastpitchmom17 wrote:WOW Tuscun, mabey u need a big 'o pic of an ASS next to ur name! :evil: Hello!!!! Parents & Coaches of players here and the best comment u could come up with was, huh huh....should've waited till next year!!??!! What kind of a sick SOB are you? The guy was 37yrs old! Not to mention a Coach and trusted member of the community.

Tucson is a SHE, and a well respected member of the softball community. I don't think she meant it in the way you took it.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by starbound » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:01 pm

starbound

by BIG PAPA 18 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:03 pm

WOW! :o Maybe BUBBA can really show him what the NEXT LEVEL IS.. :mrgreen:

Dont drop the soap a## H##E :o :o :x
BIG PAPA 18

by NumeroUno » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:32 pm

artomatic wrote:
fastpitchmom17 wrote:WOW Tuscun, mabey u need a big 'o pic of an ASS next to ur name! :evil: Hello!!!! Parents & Coaches of players here and the best comment u could come up with was, huh huh....should've waited till next year!!??!! What kind of a sick SOB are you? The guy was 37yrs old! Not to mention a Coach and trusted member of the community.

Tucson is a SHE, and a well respected member of the softball community. I don't think she meant it in the way you took it.

Before you all try to hang Tucson I guarantee she did not mean it how it sounded. Please wait for her to responded before their are anymore attacks on her.
Thanks
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions