Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Eteamz Blues

What's on your mind?

by Judd » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:40 am

capt morgan wrote:What's so special (or different) about this site? I use both HB & Etz

The site at eteams looks like it was built by my 11 y/o. Plain, no feautures such as PM, topics dont move to the top when replied to, no quote feature. Not to mention the log in issues
Judd

by NumeroUno » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:47 am

Big Judd is barking for a tee shirt :D
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Judd » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:50 am

woof woof :lol:

Seriously, its kind of a silly question to ask, whats the difference. Its not like the people were not loyal. You didnt jump ship after a week or two. You guys gave eteams forever to fix it and it seems like it got worse and worse. Hell my wife put up a free forum by phbbb that runs circles around eteamz.

ET may have more traffic but it wont take long before most of the fastpitch people come here.

Hell HB may be able to expand and pick up the other sports as well.
Judd

by jofus » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:19 pm

BucketHead wrote:There are other sports???? :o :lol:

Yep. My boy has an indoor soccer tournament this weekend (aka commie kickball :) ).

Indoor soccer is a lot rougher and faster paced than regular soccer, and therefor more fun to watch, btw.
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by NumeroUno » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Jofus,
I have to agree with you indoor soccer is fun to watch. My kid played soccer for a few years and even though she was pretty good it was painful to watch. Don't tell anyone that I said this but I enjoyed watching indoor soccer.

Expanding to other sports is not out of our reach.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Judd » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:20 pm

DD played soccer and I thought it was going to be BORING. I think she was 8U and even at that age it was still exciting.

My 7 y/o boy has his first soccer game Saturday. Tried getting him into baseball but he wanted soccer and I didnt want to push.
Judd

by NumeroUno » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:25 pm

I did like U8 soccer, it looked liked like a bee hive on the field. All the kids in a big huddle with the ball in the middle all kicking at once. Kids do get a lot more exercise in soccer than they do in softball or baseball and their is a lot less standing around so they don't get bored.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jofus » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:38 pm

My boy has been playing travel soccer (club soccer, whatever) for a fairly competitive club for about a year and a half (he's 9), it definitely hasn't hurt his quickness for baseball etc., which is good because he's pretty small for his age (unlike my DD).

Right now, Soccer is probably his best sport, but he is playing it year round, unlike basketball and baseball.

My DD's secondary sport is volleyball, which I guess may help her hand eye coordination and leg strength a little, but IMHO soccer would make a better second sport for the fall. I'm gonna try to steer my 2 year old towards soccer and softball instead of volleyball and softball ;)

(that's a joke btw, I let them play everything that they can until they get old enough to start choosing their favorites :) )
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Sam » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 pm

There is a huge difference between the E site and Heybucket...the most important one of all...

The E site ignores their customers wants and needs.

Heybucket not only listens to their customers, they do their best to delight their customers and provide world class customer service.

That is why the E site is currently unbearable and loaded users best described as the "north end of a southbound donkey." They drove away the interesting posters with knowledge....right into the awaiting arms of Heybucket. If you wish to listen to sound sage advice, go to Heybucket, if you wish to listen to flatulence...go the to E site.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bradrhod » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:12 am

I agree.

Eteamz continues to grow the list of JoeBad's, advertising, posting for players, posting for teams in thier main discussion group. The noise vs reasonable disscussion has already gotten intolerable and it just continues.

Meanwhile eteamz staff apear absolutely parallized or they just flat do not care. I suspect they very busy adding up hit counts and billing advertisers. They likely miss the fact that the reason they have so many team sites is because of thier message board.

I suspect many who were at eteamz felt they would eventually realize the error of this approach and right the ship. But it is clear now, that will never happen.

So here is to heybucket.
bradrhod

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions