Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Palm Spring Classic

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:12 am

What an incredible day of softball at Big League Dreams In Cathedral City, Ca. Not only are all the best college softball teams all there for you to watch but the 2008 USA team, what a bonus. I started out the day watching the Arizona Wildcats go 13 innings against UMass and winning 4-2 and finished my day watching the USA Team putting it to Florida Atlantic with a 9-0 mercy.
The level of ball was a real pleasure to watch and Mendoza 288 foot home run was quite impressive. I did not stay for the USA teams final game for the night but I heard Lisa Fernandez was going to get to throw a couple innings. I did see Finch and Cat make top college batters look like a first year rec players, what a great day. I will post all the scores for the entire tourney in the scoreboard forum Sunday night or Monday morning.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by chatterbox » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:14 pm

I agree!! We watched the USA game today (Sunday) and it made for a great day out! My daughter also got a huge kick out of the autograph signing after the game and thought it was awesome! Most of the players were so nice and were happy to sign autographs. I have to say that hearing Lisa Fernandez "repeatedly" question.."are we done yet"? and then walk away from a few of the girls that were waiting awhile, was very sad! You could just feel that she didn't want to be there. I understand that it probably gets very tiring to sign and sign and sign, BUT these girls really look up the the USA team-almost like they're gold. These are the girls that are an inspiration to our youth softball players. Maybe next time she should keep her comments to herself????
chatterbox

Return to Fastpitch Discussions