Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

SoCal "Classless" Awards

What's on your mind?

by Cookie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:37 pm

All American Sports had that big fat guy right behind the home plate kicking the fence and yelling at the other teams pitcher. A grand slam to go up 4 -0 shut the big boy up

Texas Glory had some dumb a$$ old man who would never shut up, I think he was picking a fight with a lady. They to were right behind home plate acting like first year rec parents
Last edited by Cookie on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by NumeroUno » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:48 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Cookie wrote:All American Sports had that big fat guy right behind the home plate kicking the fence and yelling at the other teams picture. A grand slam to go up 4 -0 shut the big boy up

Texas Glory had some dumb a$$ old man who would never shut up, I think he was picking a fight with a lady. They to were right behind home plate acting like first year rec parents

Was the other teams picture upset? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you talking about :lol: :lol:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Flash4 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:21 pm

If I am not mistaken, every team has at least one parent/grandparent who likes to yell so again I ask..... how can cheering on a team be considered classless.
Flash4

by jofus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:19 pm

Flash4 wrote:If I am not mistaken, every team has at least one parent/grandparent who likes to yell so again I ask..... how can cheering on a team be considered classless.

Cheering on your own team is fine. Yelling at the other team isn't, IMHO.

Just my 2 cents :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Demonboy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:43 am

Flash4 wrote:If I am not mistaken, every team has at least one parent/grandparent who likes to yell so again I ask..... how can cheering on a team be considered classless.

Actually you are mistaken.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Flash4 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:10 pm

If I am not mistaken, every team has at least one parent/grandparent who likes to yell so again I ask..... how can cheering on a team be considered classless.

Sorry, I guess I should reword my comment. (My daughters team doesn't have a parent/grandparent like this either). I was just trying to figure out why cheering for your team was considered classless.

We have played 95 Glory several times over the years and never heard any parent heckling another player. Of course we always loss to them but still they were always respectful. Did they lose to your team?
Flash4

by softballdad » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:45 pm

Flash4 wrote:

Sorry, I guess I should reword my comment. (My daughters team doesn't have a parent/grandparent like this either). I was just trying to figure out why cheering for your team was considered classless.

We have played 95 Glory several times over the years and never heard any parent heckling another player. Of course we always loss to them but still they were always respectful. Did they lose to your team?

Yes they lost to our team twice at nationals in a friendly and in elimination. And they were not cheering for their team. They were yelling at our pitcher ball ball inside inside outside outside then the cow bells and this was every pitch all game. Not to mention the blue was from texas too.
I believe in getting into hot water. I think it keeps you clean.
softballdad

by DonnieS » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:14 pm

>> Yes they lost to our team twice at nationals in a friendly and in elimination. And they were not cheering for their team. They were yelling at our pitcher ball ball inside inside outside outside then the cow bells and this was every pitch all game. Not to mention the blue was from texas too. <<

Saw the same thing from the same organization at HOF 12u a few years ago. When my dd would put her foot on the rubber, the kids in the dugout and what Arnold S would call a 'girly man' sitting in the dugout with a clip board over his mouth, would screech like I dont know what - my kid got to playing with them and when she would pick up her foot, they would stop - she put the foot down and they would start. So she would just tap her foot over and over untiil the blue got ticked off. Anyway we lost to them on an error, but apparently, they feel like that childish crap is what they have to do to win. We had been interested in that group once upon a time but they decided we were not a good fit. They were probably right.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fasterpitch92701 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Much of this discussion hinges on the word "classless". DD played for a certain coach for two years. That coach made it very, very clear at the beginning of the year that ALL players and ALL parents represent the team and organization as a whole. ANYONE, parent or player, who acted in a manner that reflected poorly on the organization either by their verbal efforts, a display poor sportsmanship, cheating or was intentionally generating animosity with an opponent was removed from the tournament. Just leave. Go home. Second offense, removed from the team.

It was a no-b.s. rule. It eliminated a lot of questions. The team, parents, players and coaches, were known as a class organization by their opponents.

Of course there will be those who disagree. For those, a question: what is it you are teaching your daughters? And... best enjoy your softball now, until you are 18. After that, no decent college coach is going to want you vaguely near his/her team. Parent or player. Abusive players and parents (and the coaches see/notice/evaluate both) aren't wanted. They don't want "classless", player or parent.
fasterpitch92701

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions