Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

What's The Farthest You've Ever Seen a HR Hit By An 18u?

What's on your mind?

by americanfreedom » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:02 pm

What is the farthest you've ever seen an 18u or below hit a HR. Last night, I witnessed a ball hit at least 240 feet. I personally saw the same girl hit a ball two years ago well over 250 feet. I've personally witnessed numerous other monster shots. She plays summer ball with the Texas Elite Gold. This girl, who is only a '92, has what it takes to be famous someday.

Anyone else out there seen the next Bustos?
Tim Soefje
American Freedom Gold
Cell: (972) 922-8866
Email: americanfreedomgold@yahoo.com
http://www.americanfreedomgold.com
americanfreedom

by DonnieS » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:39 pm

Tim, I think you were there - do you remember at the 2004 ASA B nationals in St Louis, the kid from Bonita Valley that hit the hr off my kid - that ball went over that fence and well into the neighborhood behind the fields - I know it was 11 inch (this was 10u) but still I would love to see where that kid is to day. I swear that ball went 300 feet or better - heck, if it even ever came down.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by americanfreedom » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:54 pm

That was a SHOT! Especially at 10u. But the fences were only 165 or something, so it might have seemed farther than it was. This girl I'm talking about has cleared the scoreboard in right field at the Ballfields at Craig Ranch, which is a 220 fence. Score board is at least 10' feet over the fence. In North Richland Hills, as a first-year 14u, she cleared the fence, the road behind the fence, and almost cleared the tree tops behind the road behind the fence. It was a "jaw dropping" shot.
Tim Soefje
American Freedom Gold
Cell: (972) 922-8866
Email: americanfreedomgold@yahoo.com
http://www.americanfreedomgold.com
americanfreedom

by xxxYerOut » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:09 pm

DonnieS wrote:Tim, I think you were there - do you remember at the 2004 ASA B nationals in St Louis, the kid from Bonita Valley that hit the hr off my kid - that ball went over that fence and well into the neighborhood behind the fields - I know it was 11 inch (this was 10u) but still I would love to see where that kid is to day. I swear that ball went 300 feet or better - heck, if it even ever came down.

Before I even got to your post DS, I remembered the girl from BV. Saw her at PYL's tournay as DD was walking out to watch. If anyone knows the park at Golden, went from field 2 (on the corner) and it cleared the field off the batting cage. No idea what that measured, but it was a BLAST. It had to be over 200+.

Possibly the same girl ended up with American Stars, late fall after 10's (year and a half later), the team was to move to 12's, but stayed down for the memorial tourney in Riverside (Safe at Home..#8). Can't remember the name of the tourney, anyway. As a 12u to be, won the HR Derby in the 16u bracket. I agree D, would like to see her mash now.
xxxYerOut

by DonnieS » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:26 am

>> This girl I'm talking about has cleared the scoreboard in right field at the Ballfields at Craig Ranch, which is a 220 fence <<

Tim, I know that field - that must have been quite a shot.

xxxYerOut, has the kid gotten big? I dont remember that she was that much bigger than the other kids but definitely a stud athlete.

And yes, it was a hanging riser - I remember wanting to call an inside change-up and the h/c objected saying - and i quote 'what are you doing - your kid can blow it by this chick'. I said 'Uhh, I dont think so - this aint south texas we're facing.' That week helped my dd understand a lot about how much work it was going to take to be an effective pitcher.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by xxxYerOut » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:56 am

DonnieS wrote:>> xxxYerOut, has the kid gotten big? I dont remember that she was that much bigger than the other kids but definitely a stud athlete.

She was a little stout, but not much bigger then others. The first time in Yorba may have been the same year (2004). The home run derby she was the smallest one in the group and hit 8-10 out. Pretty impressive.
xxxYerOut

by NumeroUno » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:07 pm

280' 3B for Firecrackers, twice in one game
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Gone in 2.6 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:10 am

Around three months ago I saw Jessica Spigner (OC Batbusters-Haning) hit a line drive at Buckingham Park that cleared the 10 ft fence that separates the park from the 405 (for a sec I thought it might land on the freeway).

(One of her coaches happened to snap a picture just after contact and got the luckiest shot ever. I obtained permission from her parents to post it.)
Attachments
20080112BB0225JessicaSpignerHRDrive.jpg
20080112BB0225JessicaSpignerHRDrive.jpg (112.57 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:16 am

What beautiful form!!!
Sftbll4ever

by NumeroUno » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:38 am

Gone in 2.6 that picture is sweet thank you for posting that..So how far did the ball go?

That is a nice swing.....

Jessica Spigner you're my hero.....
:D :D
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions