Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

USA Junior Olympic Cup update

What's on your mind?

by PDad » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:46 pm

exD1dad wrote:What other National Sanctioning body EVER got so desperate that they made such a preposterous offer? The ASA guys & gals are out of their fricken minds to even try this IMHO. It's a historic fear of their future, they must be losing tourney money on a big scale from PGF & Triple Crown to do something this drastic. I just wanna get a profile on whomever is gonna pony up 6K for a tourney & then put em on a mailing list so when I invent the next "pet rock" I know I have an easy sale :D

ASA's motivation is lost stature, not money. ASA had the preeminent girls FP championships and the loss of that stature hurts their enormous NGB ego to no end. It also hurt the ASA umpire hierarchy that was all geared towards the ultimate goal of working 18G Nats, which no longer has the appeal it once had.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Ed Hill wrote:I would rather give my money to ASA than give it to the scams that are called PGF or Triple Crown. The people running these organizations are getting rich from the tournaments that they put on. These organizations are their sole means of support and substance. I don't see any ASA board member making a living from ASA Gold or any of the other ASA sponsored tournaments. PGF was created simply to fill certain individuals pockets in my opinion. I guess you cant fault these guys for disparaging anything that keeps the gold from flowing their way.

Personally, I don't care whether it is someone's livelihood because I focus on more important things like price, quality and service.

Every team has the right and duty to play a schedule that suits them best and neither ASA nor PGF has a monopoly on providing all the best options. Teams need to do an honest evaluation when determining what's best for them.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:39 am

Ed. ASA makes boat loads of money don't kid yourself. As expensive as all these tourneys, showcases n nationals are PGF spends a ton of Cash putting on the best nationals in the country.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Ed Hill » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:17 am

NumeroUno wrote:Ed. ASA makes boat loads of money don't kid yourself. As expensive as all these tourneys, showcases n nationals are PGF spends a ton of Cash putting on the best nationals in the country.

And the money that ASA makes gets pumped back to the kids and not the personal bank account of certain individuals. As far as for the best nationals in the country, that is subjective. I will agree that PGF puts on the best nationals for west coast teams.

My feelings on this subject clear. Continuing to argue with a bunch of PGF cheerleaders will just be an exercise in futility from this point forward.
Ed Hill

by NumeroUno » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Not sure I am a PGF cheerleader I have been to plenty of Asa nationals n loved them all. I also enjoy the great nationals TCS puts on but PGF does draw the best teams in the country.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Sam » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Ed Hill wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:Ed. ASA makes boat loads of money don't kid yourself. As expensive as all these tourneys, showcases n nationals are PGF spends a ton of Cash putting on the best nationals in the country.

And the money that ASA makes gets pumped back to the kids and not the personal bank account of certain individuals. As far as for the best nationals in the country, that is subjective. I will agree that PGF puts on the best nationals for west coast teams.

My feelings on this subject clear. Continuing to argue with a bunch of PGF cheerleaders will just be an exercise in futility from this point forward.

I don't particularly care for either one. I never liked ASA because they didn't listen to their customers and I didn't like Gary because he decided to $hit on the Gold teams from SoCal who he didn't deem worthy of competing with his teams.

The comment about the ASA money is hilarious.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Hey Mr Ed take a look at the biggest recipients of money as a non profit in America - United Way. roughly .39 cents on the dollar goes to charity(that may have changed up or down as my source was a couple of years ago), pro sports, AFL/CIO all big donors & guess what... their executives have big fat salaries, drive nice leased cars with expense accounts & dry cleaning stipends & nice big offices etc So wake up & smell the decafe.

PDad & Spazzdad put things totally in a realistic perspective (as usual :D )

For the record my name is not Gary & I don't now, never have & never will have any official association with OCBB or PGF. I just liked having my DD play at Nationals in front of dozens of College coaches against the best competition 50 miles from home with great weather.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PuraVida » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:12 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Ed Hill wrote:

You seem to have a problem with understanding "non profit" status. Just means you spend all you take in, not that nobody makes any money at it. You think all theses ASA people work for free?
The West Coast Nationals is a tired horse that has played out. Have you even looked at the teams and where they come from?
You can be done arguing but it doesn't mean you can post your version of reality and not be called out for it.

Both non-profit and for profit have numeration to deal with. One major difference is that a nonprofit has to provide their book at a drop of a time to any member or risk losing the standing with the State of situs . PGF and any for profit entity can tell you to take a flying leap.
This makes all the difference in the world.
PGF’s comment on the tournament and the email they sent out to all have registered with PGF at one point or another was/is defiantly a sign of distress
PuraVida

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:58 pm

PuraVida wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Ed Hill wrote:

You seem to have a problem with understanding "non profit" status. Just means you spend all you take in, not that nobody makes any money at it. You think all theses ASA people work for free?
The West Coast Nationals is a tired horse that has played out. Have you even looked at the teams and where they come from?
You can be done arguing but it doesn't mean you can post your version of reality and not be called out for it.

Both non-profit and for profit have numeration to deal with. One major difference is that a nonprofit has to provide their book at a drop of a time to any member or risk losing the standing with the State of situs . PGF and any for profit entity can tell you to take a flying leap.
This makes all the difference in the world.
PGF’s comment on the tournament and the email they sent out to all have registered with PGF at one point or another was/is defiantly a sign of distress

Minor distress. This desperate attempt by ASA has so far fallen flat.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:07 am

Ive never made a nickel off ball...probably never will, but my kid has played literally coast to coast with several sanctioning bodies ..Seems some folks point fingers and call me (us) 'cheerleaders'...I'm not a cheerleader...(if you've ever seen me in a cheerleader outfit...you;d understand...I HOPE those pics never surface:) 8-)
I do not know ANY of the PGF guys personally...although some of them pointed fingers at me wearing overalls and no shirt at Irvine though:)
Actually comparing PGF and ASA is like comparing peaches and almonds...ASA is about huge mass quantities...PGF aims more at quality and (hate to use this word)...marketability, to Collegiate Coaches...

The PGF vs. ASA thing, as far as recruiting wasn't a battle ...PGF wins simply by default because of the So Cal 'base teams'...Does PGF make money? Sure it does...after all it is a business but it provides a quality, competitive place for girls to play and be seen by coaches...win, win IMHO
Does ASA make money off the game?...I see much butt hurt over their lost share of the market...BUT they did it to themselves...I have zero sympathy...
PGF was born from ASA issues...PGF learned from the ASA mistakes...so should ASA in prder to improve, especially at its 'Elite'...Elite as in PLAY...not some name stuck on a shirt also...This 'Treasure Hunt' tourney, based solely to de-rail a PGF high end tourney looks very cheesy...

Been to both 'Nationals' and PGF wins as far as quality and as an overall experience ...And to be brutally honest the process of ASA selecting a place to play simply based on bids is NOT cool...Especially playing in some rat hole town where I felt unsafe for my kid and wife...I don't feel like wearing body armor and packing a 'little' friend at PGF...
Had an ASA motel guru one time put us in a motel in an area I didn't know in another State...I called a friend who lived near there...He said we'd probably get see ALL the big 3 crimes...murder, rape and robbery...He told me that was a VERY bad place to stay...I called ASA travel thing back...She rudely told me that our safety wasn't her concern.
...damn sure didn't stay there BTW...
And for the record...This whole 'stay to play' where we tell you has gotten beyond ridiculous...some wanting 90 day out payment, reservations etc...ECSTATIC I don't have to worry about that much longer...If I had a 12U kid and know what I do about it...she'd be getting golf clubs...but that's another thread...

Yes, we saw most of the same coaches at both events before...but much more spread out with a lot less 'visibility'...Also we had to play several teams at ASA who had no business playing in a A Class tournament...PGF Nats at Huntington Beach ...You wont play teams like that...
PGF starts allowing that and someone will steal their Thunder...is what it is...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions