Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

not sure how to handle this . . .

What's on your mind?

by Tumblebug » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:17 pm

So, I'm just going to say it.

Some time ago I offered to answer any questions bucket members had about Anderson bats which turned into a lively discussion about Anderson bats and, more importantly, bat design in general. It's been over a year now since I left Anderson Bat Company, the company I founded and ran for about 15 years. Although I'm still not clear what the future holds for me in this industry, I've been slowly tying up loose ends and saying goodbye to old friends. When I left ABC I decided to move closer to my wife's family so we could lend a hand to her parents and so my two youngest boys could develop a relationship with their grandparents before that was no longer and option. So, I moved to Pequot Lakes, Minnesota last spring. The purpose of this post is to again offer to answer any questions you may have before I shut down my membership and move on. If that's of any interest to anyone, let me know.

In addition, when I packed up to leave for Minnesota, I sorted my garage, attic and storage spaces. As you can Imagine, I found lots of older model Anderson bats. I'm wondering if there is a market for these near new, new out of wrapper and new in wrapper Anderson classics. If so, where? I don't see a selling section here. Am I missing something?

At any rate, let me know if there is any way I can be of service.
Tumblebug

by Pale Rider » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Why leave?...Minnesota has internet:)
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Tumblebug ,

You were one of the few owners of any company that came to heybucket almost every day and answered questions about your products and I tip my hat to you. You spent a lot of your busy days on here making sure all questions were answered. To this day the 2004 Anderson Rocketech was the best fastpitch bat ever made. 2005 RT was a close second

I wish you the best of luck in Minnesota and let me know if you hook any husky;s or northern pike, I know they have big ones there.

We have a classified ads forum where you can sell anything

Take care Mr Anderson :)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by McGee » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:07 pm

I remember playing a rec All-Star district tourney circa 2004 and we played a team armed with Rocket Tech bats. They hit the ball far better than anything we had ever seen. We ended up winning a very high scoring game and went out and bought Rocket Tech bats that night. The team went on to a successful ASA rec and travel career.
I agree that the 2004 was probably the best bat ever made. While a little top heavy it truly delivered in capable hands. What will be the next true innovation in the sport?
McGee

by jtat32 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Thanks for your presence here in the past TB. My two DD have used RTs exclusively since around 2007 - nothing else feels right to them. It was great to have you here to answer questions, and from what I remember, that original thread had some good hitting discussions come up, too.

Sent you a PM about the bats, but I guess I've got a question about RTs for you while you're here:

In the past we've used old 10U (11") balls among the balls in our bucket for hitting practice - is that a bad idea for older girls with higher bat speeds? I'm wondering if they would be more prone to denting an RT barrel than the 12" balls?
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by B34R DOWN » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:05 pm

I picked up a used 2010 TechZilla for my DD and she loves it... Thanks for not only making great products, but also being open with consumers about anything questions or comments they may have... I am curious about these 2004 RT bats now that I hear everyone talking about them... Are they on par with the Easton Synengy CNT bats I hear everyone rave about?
B34R DOWN

by Tumblebug » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:43 pm

B34R DOWN wrote:I picked up a used 2010 TechZilla for my DD and she loves it... Thanks for not only making great products, but also being open with consumers about anything questions or comments they may have... I am curious about these 2004 RT bats now that I hear everyone talking about them... Are they on par with the Easton Synengy CNT bats I hear everyone rave about?

I do not compare specific competing products to my own in public nor will I publish field or lab testing result whether or not the results are to my advantage. I think it is bad form. However, I am happy to comment about my own products based on both lab an field tests. My conclusion, in which I have no monetary investment anymore, is that, in the right hands, there are no other bats on the planet that perform better than the 04, 05 and 07 RockeTechs; Bar none.

I repeat the disclaimer, In the right hands.
Tumblebug

by Tumblebug » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:52 pm

NumeroUno wrote:Tumblebug ,

You were one of the few owners of any company that came to heybucket almost every day and answered questions about your products and I tip my hat to you. You spent a lot of your busy days on here making sure all questions were answered. To this day the 2004 Anderson Rocketech was the best fastpitch bat ever made. 2005 RT was a close second

I wish you the best of luck in Minnesota and let me know if you hook any husky;s or northern pike, I know they have big ones there.

We have a classified ads forum where you can sell anything

Take care Mr Anderson :)

Thanks Big Guy!
Tumblebug

by Tumblebug » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:58 pm

McGee wrote:I remember playing a rec All-Star district tourney circa 2004 and we played a team armed with Rocket Tech bats. They hit the ball far better than anything we had ever seen. We ended up winning a very high scoring game and went out and bought Rocket Tech bats that night. The team went on to a successful ASA rec and travel career.
I agree that the 2004 was probably the best bat ever made. While a little top heavy it truly delivered in capable hands. What will be the next true innovation in the sport?

IMHO, take it for what it is worth, the next big innovation in softball bats will come out of material science. Many of the materials used in the best performing products today are not inherently suitable for an impact environment. so there needs to either be a breakthrough that makes the more exotic materials affordable or a new combination of materials and/or processes that directly address the impact suitability as well as the ever-changing certification requirements and can accommodate changes in the ball.
Tumblebug

by Tumblebug » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:00 pm

jtat32 wrote:Thanks for your presence here in the past TB. My two DD have used RTs exclusively since around 2007 - nothing else feels right to them. It was great to have you here to answer questions, and from what I remember, that original thread had some good hitting discussions come up, too.

Sent you a PM about the bats, but I guess I've got a question about RTs for you while you're here:

In the past we've used old 10U (11") balls among the balls in our bucket for hitting practice - is that a bad idea for older girls with higher bat speeds? I'm wondering if they would be more prone to denting an RT barrel than the 12" balls?

The 11" ball should do no more damage that the 12" ball. so, like I always say, "Swing hard in case you hit it!"
Tumblebug

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions