Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Ridiculous tryouts

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:23 pm

I wanted to let it go but I can't. I remember the days when tryouts were the week after labor day weekend. Now they start the first week of August. How do little and big girls get less time off than major league baseball players? How? this is ridiculous. I spent some time at a sports doctor this year, he said softball injuries are on the rise. He said he has never had so many softball players coming to him in his 15 years of business.. Humm I wonder why.. Just keep keeping up with the Jones and maybe next year start your tryout during the week of nationals. When these kids are 24 and can't lift their arms to blow dry their hair without pain, it won't matter, you all will have a new bunch of girls to coach

I'm done :evil: :evil: :evil:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Sam » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:50 pm

NumeroUno wrote:I wanted to let it go but I can't. I remember the days when tryouts were the week after labor day weekend. Now they start the first week of August. How do little and big girls get less time off than major league baseball players? How? this is ridiculous. I spent some time at a sports doctor this year, he said softball injuries are on the rise. He said he has never had so many softball players coming to him in his 15 years of business.. Humm I wonder why.. Just keep keeping up with the Jones and maybe next year start your tryout during the week of nationals. When these kids are 24 and can't lift their arms to blow dry their hair without pain, it won't matter, you all will have a new bunch of girls to coach

I'm done :evil: :evil: :evil:

Am I NumeroUno.......or is NumereoUno me?
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Which brings us to the question of:

Does ASA or PGF need to be regulated? I hope not. However, it might do some good if both organizations could do some self-policing to bring back some sanity and order.
Hurricane

by Safebyahare » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Crap I still have the keys,,,,,,,board.
Next year will RSVP the other Bill Barber fields during Nationals to conduct try outs for
Team Bud Lite.
Just getting the girls ready for college.
Play responsible.
Last edited by Safebyahare on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by APG14 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Pretty soon you will see tryouts for a two or 3 season deal haha
APG14
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Hurricane wrote:Which brings us to the question of:

Does ASA or PGF need to be regulated? I hope not. However, it might do some good if both organizations could do some self-policing to bring back some sanity and order.

You might want to aim that particular criticism at the parents. They have total control over EVERY situation, including tryouts, overuse, coaching abuse, how much is charged, you name it. The game can be fixed if parents choose to do what's best for their kids.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by progapanda » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:59 pm

Uno you have the power to turn off the tryouts section of the Bucket until after Labor Day.
progapanda
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:57 pm

Uno you've been quiet these past few months, most of the year actually, comparatively speaking & this is a serious topic which like verbals will not change because of the nature of the beast IMHO, as the coaches (on all levels) benefit the most with the thriving competition where the girls are all replaceable due to a steady flow of "fresh meat" ready, willing & able to give everything no matter what the cost to their bodies. I say the coaches because they know & many parents start out neophytes & then get sucked in.

Don't get me wrong...- the world is full of the same situation only different across the board when you go for the gold,or the brass ring or whatever your goal you're trying to achieve. Step up or step off because they don't spit your way when you come in second & the dirty boulevard is strewn with bodies. Sadly for many of us it is our children in this instance.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:20 pm

Sam wrote:

You might want to aim that particular criticism at the parents. They have total control over EVERY situation, including tryouts, overuse, coaching abuse, how much is charged, you name it. The game can be fixed if parents choose to do what's best for their kids.

Right Sam...the coaches and orgs have absolutely no culpability here...moral or otherwise. :roll:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:25 am

Sam wrote:

?????

Who's criticizing whom? NumeroUno started this thread complaining about Tryouts so early. I simply was trying to be a problem solver and made a suggestion on how to combat the problem stated.

Do you always play the grumpy old man on this board?
Hurricane

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions