Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The cost of travel ball vs the cost of a college education

What's on your mind?

by jofus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Hmmm...my DD's pitching lessons are $45 per lesson (hour and half) (that's individual lessons, just her, her pitching coach, and poor old dad trying to catch). IF we went once a week all year, that would add up to $2340 a year, but we don't make it every week once her season(s) is in full swing, so it's probably a little under 2K for pitching.

His rates went up this year, but only for new students, we got grandfathered in at $15/half hour. I know that if you mess up and get off schedule, it's almost impossible to get back on due to him being booked literally a couple months or more in advance :|
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Gone in 2.6 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:50 pm

***The cost of travel ball vs the cost of a college education***

What we've spent during 7 seasons of travel ball probably doesn't equal one year of tuition, books, housing & meals. And definitely not more than one year.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by Tucson » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:40 pm

I saw on the news last night that a year at U of AZ. is $5,000 and people can't pay it. I thought that was a bargain. (I'm also not sure that is right.)
Tucson

by NumeroUno » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:39 pm

To go to U of A from out of state I hear it is about $28,000 a year
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jofus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:52 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Hour and a half lesson. That's a workout. My kid would melt :lol: :lol:

I dunno, it seems to fly by. We don't really count pitches, but she's the only one there, so she gets in quite a few. A little of the time is taken up by him working with her on the newer pitches, or on drills that may help on this or that pitch, but most of it is pitching. Then at the end, he usually has her do 3-2-1's into the backstop (approximately a dozen pitches from a knee with 3 windmills, then a dozen with 2, then 1), and finish with speed pitching where she pitches as fast as he can catch it and throw it back to her, probably for about 60 seconds.

She's pretty tired at the end. Right now she is getting in minimal pitching a few other days a week, probably around 50 or so pitches each day, maybe a few more.
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by watcher » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Gone in 2.6 wrote:***The cost of travel ball vs the cost of a college education***

What we've spent during 7 seasons of travel ball probably doesn't equal one year of tuition, books, housing & meals. And definitely not more than one year.

The flights to Tenn. won't be free either, Well at least you only have one in the East, It looks like both of mine will be on the East Coast (200miles apart)

See you @ the TO vs Royal games
watcher

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions