Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

What do you think about the Evoshield elbow guard

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Evoshield.jpg
Evoshield.jpg (126.97 KiB) Viewed 6125 times

http://www.evoshield.com/

Pitchers think that they have an advantage when they brush you off the plate, but with the EvoShield Protective Elbow Guard, “brush back” pitches lose their value.With unrivaled protection that's lightweight and ultra-thin shielding the vulnerable elbow, crowding the plate is no longer a strategy — it’s an expectation. Batters have the ability to reach the tough pitches on the outside corner with ease, and dare them to throw it into your wheelhouse. The Elbow Guard is perfect for both left handed and right handed batters. Each EvoShield Gel-2-Shell product also includes a Perfect Fit Guarantee.

So I am a big fan of the Evoshield and I want to hear your thoughts about left and righty's using them. What I like is they are very slim line but will protect your elbow
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Pale Rider » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:39 pm

...wished they'd make one for shins...kids been playing 3rd a lot...been cleated several times already...some coaches teach their players to do that...Back when I played high cleats meant somebody was getting 'fell on'...elbow in face...oops...my bad
Last edited by Pale Rider on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 9er » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:42 am

My dd loves her Evoshield, she feels so comfortable crowding the plate. The best part is that when she reaches a base she calls time out and gives the guard to the 1st or 3rd base coach like the MLB players do. :D
9er
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BAM2 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:57 am

My DD loves hers. She is usually in the 3 or 4 spot so she tends to get jammed alot. Of course the great parents we are we didn't buy it unti afterl she got hit on the elbow. Went and got one that week. and sure enought she got tagged again, 60+ fastball, it sounded like a sledge hammer hit a block of wood. Her arm was stinging and a little numb, but we can only imaigine would it would have been with out it. Best 40 dollars you can spend for protection. Pale Ride, send them some info,
you never know , that might be their next product..
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:31 am

The batter body armour should be outlawed. It allows the hitter to crowd the plate without any fear of being plunked, forces the pitchers to constantly work away.....which results in shots hit back at the most vulnerable fielder playing. If the batter wishes to crowd the plate without their armour, let them. If they insist on being protected then lets put a screen in front of the pitcher and every ball that touches the screen is an automatic out.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BAM2 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:07 am

I can agree with Sam.
And i can only speak for my Kids. Both my Kids do not crowd the plate and never have. Their hitting coach believes in have them closer to the middle of the box as to get their hands through.. So when they do get hit. The ball is usaully 1 to 2 balls inside. They are a good half a shoe lengeth off the line. So either intentionally way inside or pitcher just missed. Never have been thrown at to back them off, but they do work that outside.
Sorry got off track. evoshield works and it's just a safety precaution in case the pitcher should happen to miss way inside then intended.
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:54 am

Sam wrote:The batter body armour should be outlawed. It allows the hitter to crowd the plate without any fear of being plunked, forces the pitchers to constantly work away.....which results in shots hit back at the most vulnerable fielder playing. If the batter wishes to crowd the plate without their armour, let them. If they insist on being protected then lets put a screen in front of the pitcher and every ball that touches the screen is an automatic out.

NCAA level, Blues jumped up and down for this, and, well now they got it. They are the ones that look like idiots now. You see the ball in the strike zone, kid leaning into them, body clearly in the zone. Blue stands with that stupid look on their face, sends the kid to first base.

No doubt you get a smart team like Florida to figure it out. 43 free passes so far this year. While only giving their opponents 12. There can be zero argument with success of their approach.

Would be nice to hear from some of the Blues. Somehow they gotta blame this stupidity on the coaches.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Vess Express » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:18 am

The irony of these two threads next to each other is funny to me.

I have watched about 30 H.S. games this season, so far. No one has been hit in the elbow, two people have been hit in the thigh/butt area, and one person has been hit on the side of the face mask.

If you are for the safety of elbow guards, you should be for the safety of face masks. I hate making things mandatory, but it should be the accepted way to play.

Batters become more aggressive with a face mask, just like they become more aggressive with the elbow guard. I believe fielders would also become more aggressive with masks/protection. That’s what softball should be – fast and up in your face. That is what separates it from baseball, and makes it more exciting, IMO.
Vess Express

by Sam » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:56 am

Vess Express wrote:The irony of these two threads next to each other is funny to me.

I have watched about 30 H.S. games this season, so far. No one has been hit in the elbow, two people have been hit in the thigh/butt area, and one person has been hit on the side of the face mask.

If you are for the safety of elbow guards, you should be for the safety of face masks. I hate making things mandatory, but it should be the accepted way to play.

Batters become more aggressive with a face mask, just like they become more aggressive with the elbow guard. I believe fielders would also become more aggressive with masks/protection. That’s what softball should be – fast and up in your face. That is what separates it from baseball, and makes it more exciting, IMO.

So your argument is that batters get aggressive with their heads because they wear a mandatory mask. Really? I'm trying to picture that. So you think that ASA/Fed/PGF hitters are more aggressive with their heads than college hitters. Please help us all make sense of that.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:18 am

The guy that's always rantin about preventing injuries is against preventing them now?
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions