Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

ASA Gold nationals

What's on your mind?

by CULater » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 am

fastpitchforever wrote:
scott wrote:http://downloads.asasoftball.com/tournaments/pdf/2012_GOLD_QualifiedTeams.pdf

New list is out, now shows 75 teams:

http://downloads.asasoftball.com/tourna ... pdated.pdf

Only two slots are empty, might be teams that turned down their berths?


The Region 14 appears to be a turned down berth. There is one last qualifier in Rolla, Missouri this coming weekend to fill the Region 12 berth.
CULater
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:02 pm

by PDad » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:34 am

fastpitchforever wrote:
scott wrote:http://downloads.asasoftball.com/tournaments/pdf/2012_GOLD_QualifiedTeams.pdf

New list is out, now shows 75 teams:

http://downloads.asasoftball.com/tourna ... pdated.pdf

I didn't realize the 8 returning berths went into effect right away. The 4 champion berths from the territorial Nats didn't go into effect until this year, a year after it was passed.

How many berths will they add next year? :roll:
User avatar
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:52 pm

by UmpSteve » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:39 am

CULater wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:
scott wrote:http://downloads.asasoftball.com/tournaments/pdf/2012_GOLD_QualifiedTeams.pdf

New list is out, now shows 75 teams:

http://downloads.asasoftball.com/tourna ... pdated.pdf

Only two slots are empty, might be teams that turned down their berths?


The Region 14 appears to be a turned down berth. There is one last qualifier in Rolla, Missouri this coming weekend to fill the Region 12 berth.


Or, more simply, a Region 14 team that is slow in submitting paperwork (like the other 10 teams or so that just got added, irrespective of how/when they qualified).
User avatar
UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:38 am

by CULater » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:49 am

UmpSteve wrote:
CULater wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:
scott wrote:http://downloads.asasoftball.com/tournaments/pdf/2012_GOLD_QualifiedTeams.pdf

New list is out, now shows 75 teams:

http://downloads.asasoftball.com/tourna ... pdated.pdf

Only two slots are empty, might be teams that turned down their berths?


The Region 14 appears to be a turned down berth. There is one last qualifier in Rolla, Missouri this coming weekend to fill the Region 12 berth.


Or, more simply, a Region 14 team that is slow in submitting paperwork (like the other 10 teams or so that just got added, irrespective of how/when they qualified).



I may be mistaken, but aren't the submissions made by the territory or region director where the qualifer took place? So when all but one team came up on the Region 14 section, it gave the appearance of a turn down berth.
CULater
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:02 pm

by NumeroUno » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Trophy Hunter, Didn't you say PGF has more teams than ASA?

Looks like asa has 75 teams how many teams does pgf have coming?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $9.95 a year
User avatar
NumeroUno
 
Posts: 8099
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:50 pm

by CULater » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:41 pm

NumeroUno wrote:Trophy Hunter, Didn't you say PGF has more teams than ASA?

Looks like asa has 75 teams how many teams does pgf have coming?



See that is funny, because the additional teams are the 12 that were won returning berths from the previous year at Gold and the Territory Gold events. Something PGF did too.

The only difference is ASA didn't reduce the number of teams that could qualify. 64 teams qualified this year and 64 teams since the inception of ASA Gold.
CULater
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:02 pm

by Trophy Hunter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:05 pm

CULater wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:Trophy Hunter, Didn't you say PGF has more teams than ASA?

Looks like asa has 75 teams how many teams does pgf have coming?



See that is funny, because the additional teams are the 12 that were won returning berths from the previous year at Gold and the Territory Gold events. Something PGF did too.

The only difference is ASA didn't reduce the number of teams that could qualify. 64 teams qualified this year and 64 teams since the inception of ASA Gold.


What he said. :lol: :lol:
I was using the past as a guide, since the future is hard to know. For example, we don't know yet how many teams PGF will have this year, since the "qualifying" process seems rather haphazard.

And isn't it ironic that you're calling me out on something ASA incorporated in response to suggestions from their coaches. :mrgreen:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
User avatar
Trophy Hunter
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:50 pm
Location: Where the big game is.

by jmo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:16 pm

CULater wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:Trophy Hunter, Didn't you say PGF has more teams than ASA?

Looks like asa has 75 teams how many teams does pgf have coming?



See that is funny, because the additional teams are the 12 that were won returning berths from the previous year at Gold and the Territory Gold events. Something PGF did too.

The only difference is ASA didn't reduce the number of teams that could qualify. 64 teams qualified this year and 64 teams since the inception of ASA Gold.


Not true. ASA use to give four returning berths and 60 teams qualified.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
User avatar
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:07 pm

by PDad » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:29 pm

jmo wrote:
CULater wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:Trophy Hunter, Didn't you say PGF has more teams than ASA?

Looks like asa has 75 teams how many teams does pgf have coming?

See that is funny, because the additional teams are the 12 that were won returning berths from the previous year at Gold and the Territory Gold events. Something PGF did too.

The only difference is ASA didn't reduce the number of teams that could qualify. 64 teams qualified this year and 64 teams since the inception of ASA Gold.


Not true. ASA use to give four returning berths and 60 teams qualified.

What year was that? There were 66 teams in 2008, the last time they had 4 returning berths.

BTW, earning a returning berth is qualifying because an objective standard was met via competition. Getting an at-large berth (e.g. an invite) is not.
User avatar
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:52 pm

by jmo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm

PDad wrote:
jmo wrote:
CULater wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:Trophy Hunter, Didn't you say PGF has more teams than ASA?

Looks like asa has 75 teams how many teams does pgf have coming?

See that is funny, because the additional teams are the 12 that were won returning berths from the previous year at Gold and the Territory Gold events. Something PGF did too.

The only difference is ASA didn't reduce the number of teams that could qualify. 64 teams qualified this year and 64 teams since the inception of ASA Gold.


Not true. ASA use to give four returning berths and 60 teams qualified.

What year was that? There were 66 teams in 2008, the last time they had 4 returning berths.

BTW, earning a returning berth is qualifying because an objective, competitive standard was met. Getting an at-large berth (e.g. an invite) is not.



Okay. My bad 66-4 is 62 qualified. I'm not here to get into any debate but questioning his 64 since inception. Best of luck to all those teams at Gold Nationals :D
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
User avatar
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions