Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Gold policy is official

What's on your mind?

by AM Softball » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:24 pm

I didn't read all of the posts so this may have been said but...

the college coaches are frustrated as well with this. I spoke to two coaches that were NOT HAPPY about this decision. They now have to use their "recruiting days" more often due to having to send coaches to 16u, 18A and 18Gold. They also would like a little time off during the summer and now, all of the coaches will have to be somewhere.

If ASA truly said they are not here for "recruitment" and scholarships, then they are against the majority and they should try to support the players. Most players play competitive 16U and Gold for college scholarships. Bottom line.

I'm so glad ASA has this "new" and improved philosophy like they said was going to happen. Doesn't seem very different to me...it's all about ASA and the money, NOT THE GIRLS.

SAD
AM Softball

by Mercury » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:21 pm

Sort of like that other outfit that was going to upgrade "to better serve you." What were they called? Oh yeah ETEAMZ!
Mercury

by OCHAWKS » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:20 pm

This really puts a hardship on teams like ours. We've got a mix of freshmen, sophomores and one junior. We're going to move up after high school, but now if I want to try to be Gold, I've got to take a very young team and try to qualify in January.

I'm skipping this nonsense and going to 18A as far as ASA goes. We'll be a Gold team for Triple Crown, USSSA, etc. events
OCHAWKS

by Demonboy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:00 pm

OCHAWKS wrote:This really puts a hardship on teams like ours. We've got a mix of freshmen, sophomores and one junior. We're going to move up after high school, but now if I want to try to be Gold, I've got to take a very young team and try to qualify in January.

I'm skipping this nonsense and going to 18A as far as ASA goes. We'll be a Gold team for Triple Crown, USSSA, etc. events

No such thing. Gold is an ASA classification.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by OCHAWKS » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:36 pm

If you look at Triple Crown events you can enter as an 18 Gold team. I don't see any requirement from Triple Crown that says you must be designated Gold by ASA.

I believe Surf City tournaments are the same way.

If I'm in error let me know.
OCHAWKS

by OCHAWKS » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:51 pm

Same thing with AFA as well. They have Gold divisions for their tournaments.
OCHAWKS

by NumeroUno » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:58 pm

OCHAWKS wrote:Same thing with AFA as well. They have Gold divisions for their tournaments.

Don't get sucked into that it's FOOLS GOLD :)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Intel » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:14 pm

OCHawks:

It sounds like your team is probably a 16u team. Why not play 16s, why have Freshman playing against College players. It is teams like yours that is causing the Gold Qualifiers. When coaches and managers become realistic about what is their level of play, then maybe things will get back in balance. You go to a tournament you do not know if you are going to play 16s, 18s or 14s. Some coaches will say they play up to get better competition, that maybe, but what about the team that has to play down to your level. A 14 team does not play to the level of 16s and a 16s does not play to the level of a gold team. When I go to a tournamet, I want to play teams my age, not younger and not older[quote][/quote]
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Demonboy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:27 pm

OCHAWKS wrote:If you look at Triple Crown events you can enter as an 18 Gold team. I don't see any requirement from Triple Crown that says you must be designated Gold by ASA.

I believe Surf City tournaments are the same way.

If I'm in error let me know.

Do they have both an 18U and an 18 Gold Natio....I'm sorry....World Series?

Or is it just 18U?
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Touchall4 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:11 pm

Does anyone have a list of the 14 or so teams in so Cal that are already classified Gold?
Touchall4

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions