Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Gold policy is official

What's on your mind?

by Old Darter » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Sam Sam Sam....better zip it up, your bigotry is hanging out....
Old Darter

by Skarp » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:56 pm

movinup wrote:The stated goal of socal ASA is to build up the 18A division.

To what end?
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DaMann » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Can anyone name the 14 teams that are pre-qualified?
Batbusters
Firecrackers
CA-Marty
Choppers
Cruisers
Pumas
Explosion
Breakers
Diamonds
Cal Lite
Panthers
So Cal Athletics
?????
?????
DaMann

by sb junkie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:58 pm

DaMann wrote:Can anyone name the 14 teams that are pre-qualified?
Batbusters
Firecrackers
CA-Marty
Choppers
Cruisers
Pumas
Explosion
Breakers
Diamonds
Cal Lite
Panthers
So Cal Athletics
?????
?????

valley breeze
sb junkie

by jmo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:00 pm

sb junkie wrote:
DaMann wrote:Can anyone name the 14 teams that are pre-qualified?
Batbusters
Firecrackers
CA-Marty
Choppers
Cruisers
Pumas
Explosion
Breakers
Diamonds
Cal Lite
Panthers
So Cal Athletics
?????
?????

valley breeze

Corona Angels Adishian
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:26 am

I understand that this keeps the weaker teams out of Gold so you don't have over 100 teams at these qualifiers but like Sam said "how does this benefit the players"? It doesn't is only hurts them.

Someone explain to me what good is this? Seems to me that ASA is punishing region 14 for having so many good teams.

This will by far make region 14 teams the strongest in the country. It will take all the best of the best players to be on a smaller amount of teams. You might end up with 15 SS that all batter in the top of a line up, who will now be on 50 different teams.

ASA is starting to get a bad wrap, what about what they did this year at 18 Gold Nationals to Batbusters and Worth Firecrackers? I hear they were both supposed to play on the main field opening night, one game at 6 and one game at 8, they switched their schedule and let someone else play and stuck them in the sticks.
These were the 2 teams that got 1st and 2nd the prior year. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Here is what the deal is, unless the top dogs don't put their feet down and convince everyone else to boycott ASA and go play in Utah or Orlando they will keep doing whatever they want.

Hate to say it people but Triple Crown is ran 100 times better than ASA.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NuNu's Dad » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:21 am

Not Cal Lite. They qualified in a different territory.

I could be wrong though...
NuNu's Dad

by Sam » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:28 am

NumeroUno wrote:I understand that this keeps the weaker teams out of Gold so you don't have over 100 teams at these qualifiers but like Sam said "how does this benefit the players"? It doesn't is only hurts them.

Someone explain to me what good is this? Seems to me that ASA is punishing region 14 for having so many good teams.

This will by far make region 14 teams the strongest in the country. It will take all the best of the best players to be on a smaller amount of teams. You might end up with 15 SS that all batter in the top of a line up, who will now be on 50 different teams.

ASA is starting to get a bad wrap, what about what they did this year at 18 Gold Nationals to Batbusters and Worth Firecrackers? I hear they were both supposed to play on the main field opening night, one game at 6 and one game at 8, they switched their schedule and let someone else play and stuck them in the sticks.
These were the 2 teams that got 1st and 2nd the prior year. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Here is what the deal is, unless the top dogs don't put their feet down and convince everyone else to boycott ASA and go play in Utah or Orlando they will keep doing whatever they want.

Here's the killer....the top teams won't be a scintilla stronger...not a bit...it will help all the teams not on the pre-qual list. The change that the GOBs fought for will likely force them to qualify in other Regions...Karma is a strange bird...sometimes it flies right over you and dumps a load on your head...especially when you put your own selfish wishes ahead of the girls you supposedly do all this for in the first place.

Here's hoping that none of the teams that voted for this change ever qualify again....
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:52 am

Sam who are the teams that voted for this, is a top secret? I know of 1 maybe 2 but I am not sure so I won't say.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Gone in 2.6 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:19 am

Sam wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:I understand that this keeps the weaker teams out of Gold so you don't have over 100 teams at these qualifiers but like Sam said "how does this benefit the players"? It doesn't is only hurts them.

Here's the killer....the top teams won't be a scintilla stronger...not a bit...it will help all the teams not on the pre-qual list. The change that the GOBs fought for will likely force them to qualify in other Regions...Karma is a strange bird...sometimes it flies right over you and dumps a load on your head...especially when you put your own selfish wishes ahead of the girls you supposedly do all this for in the first place.

Here's hoping that none of the teams that voted for this change ever qualify again....

Uh.......any chance we can postpone this Karma until 2010?
:P
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions