Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The best bat grip on the market

What's on your mind?

by MTR » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:40 am

Spazsdad wrote:Actually they do not say it is legal.

And they rarely do specify a specific brand as "legal" in the rules, however they will cite brands as an example.

Safety Grip: In reviewing the safety grip of a bat we again must refer to ASA rules. If a grip meets Rule 3 Section 1D then the grip is legal. ASA does not list any bat grips as legal or not but looks at them to see if they meet our rules. An example of this is a product named Tater Grip. When you look at it, it is a different looking grip but as long as it meets Rule 3 Section 1D it should not be ruled illegal. So when reviewing a grip on a bat regardless of looks as long as it meets Rule 3 Section 1D of ASA rules then it is legal.

Following the wording of Rule 3 I don't see how any umpire could rule the grip is illegal but it is obviously happening out there. I don't know if this memo would help if you have some crazy umpire that is trying to micromanage the game.

Actually, there should be a notation concerning application. It is noted in the video that it would shrink from both ends and that there are rubber or "gum" bands included in the package to aid in holding the grip in place during this process.

It should note it "must" be held in place against the knob. If an umpire sees exposed metal between the knob and grip, they may throw the bat out of the game.
MTR

by NumeroUno » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:17 pm

NumeroUno wrote:Have you seen the new Tater Grip, these are the coolest and best grips I have seen.

They last a lot longer than the wrap on grip.

You can get a solid color grip or you can make a custom grip.

You can go the the tater grip web site and design a custom grip just for you. Team name your name an American flag etc. It is very easy to do and very easy to design and install.

http://www.tatergrip.com/Home_Page.html

You can buy them from heybucket and save money

You will love the feel of this grip

allow up to two weeks for shipping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWa2ig9s1vw

The clear ones are $24.99 plus shipping if you buy them from the Tater grip website.

If you order them from Heybucket they are $20.00 for the clear ones including shipping and $15 for the solid colors including shipping

Order here:
tater_grip.html
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Bue grip special $12 shipped, while they last
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Fifteen's » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Bue grip??? Sounds awesome!!! :P :P :P
Fifteen's

by Distributed-Power » Thu May 10, 2012 1:35 pm

I made a donation of 20.00 on the first of may , how long does it generally take to receive a grip ? Looking forward to trying one on my daughters bat . Thanks alot for a great site !
Also , do you have any blue grips left?
Distributed-Power

by NumeroUno » Thu May 10, 2012 2:01 pm

PM me your info so I can check on it. Yes we have blue grips left $12.00 I have clear, Blk and Wht on order should be in any day
premium.html
NumeroUno

by 29dad » Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Installation seemed so easy on the video, but mine ripped in half as I struggled to put in on. Anyone elase have the same problem?? I have no idea what I could have done wrong. I was actually watching the installation video while I was trying to put the grip on. Maybe I should have used liquid soap so that it was more slippery??? Anyway.. what a disaster. Tournament in 3 days and now no grip.
29dad

by NumeroUno » Wed May 16, 2012 8:57 pm

send me your address and what you ordered and I will try to over night it to you.

jcook16767@aol.com

I have put on about 30 of them and I haven't torn any yet. Once I put one on outside on a hot day and after I took it out of the package I waited a little to long to install it and I had h*ll with it.

send me your info and I will see what I can do. I have white and blue in stock for sure I can get you one of them. I have a bunch on order
premium.html
NumeroUno

by 29dad » Wed May 16, 2012 9:07 pm

email sent. Thanks.
29dad

by NumeroUno » Wed May 16, 2012 9:14 pm

sorry worng email address jcook15767@aol.com
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext