Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The best bat grip on the market

What's on your mind?

by JustBob » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:16 am

Ok it has been since Feb. 17th that the grip was installed. The bat has been swung a ton in hot and cold. The grip is fine but the skunk smell is still strong. My Lab has been kicked out of the house by the wife more than a few times thinking he got skunked and it is just the bat grip. I hope you have some way of neutralizing the smell or the wife is going to make me cut it off. I just tried white vinegar and simple green. Hopefully this will work. Any suggestions? Trying to save a Tater grip from a premature death... Thanks in advance!
JustBob

by JustBob » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:07 am

Let's see bat bag contains two composite bats one being a Demarini Phenix, two high end fastpitch gloves, cleats, helmet, 3pairs of batting gloves and who knows what else hangs in that bag. I hate to add up the $$ value but the bag does rate indoors. Daughter keeps it under her bed actually. Tater grip bat does hang in the back room or garage though.
JustBob

by ManitouDan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Hey --got my grips months ago but just put one on today at 1pm EST, It's now 11pm, been 10 hours , and not really close to being shrunk enough to use. Mine are black. I guess give it overnight and check tommorrow -- Conference championship on monday , needs to be ready :) MD PS should i consider blow drying it just a little ?
ManitouDan

by NumeroUno » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:55 pm

MD some of the colored grips do take a lot of time. I have had some good to go in a few hours and I have had some that took over night to set up. Make sure you keep pushing it down toward the knob so it does shrink up on you. It should be ready to pound balls tomorrow.

Better grip = better hitting and harder hit balls, you will see :D
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by B-Dad » Thu May 12, 2011 4:19 am

My DD and several of her teammates got the clear TG (I'm proud to say I started the trend). They all love it.

While playing in an ASA Northern National Qualifier last weekend, about 3rd inning while at the plate, ump told the batter (not my DD) she had to use a different bat saying the grip was not OEM. We were up by several runs at the time and coach didn't feel like questioning the ump. This was the second at bat for her (using the same bat) and several others already went through their at bat's using their TG bat. Even after that episode, the other kids used their TG bats, no question from the ump. Anyway, after switching to her '05 rocketech she ripped a nice line drive double. :o :o

DD's dad yelled, thank's blue, I've been trying to get her to use that bat again. ;)

After the game, DD's dad tracks down the UIC who clears it up with the ump in question. Wasn't a party to the discussion, but the whole episode put some tension in the other kids (including my DD) who were using the TG.

I emailed TG to see what they have showing its legal that we can print out and put in my DD's bag in case we run into another situation.
B-Dad

by REALLY? » Thu May 12, 2011 1:06 pm

So once your original grip wears out, you throw the bat away?
Because you cannot re-tape it. It would not be OEM anymore!!

That ump was an idiot
Remember that you are unique, Just like everyone else.
REALLY?

by B-Dad » Thu May 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Ump was more than an idiot, he was a world class dunderhead.

Anyway Tater emailed back right away saying he spoke with the ASA rules director. Apparently the ASA previously sent out an email letting umps know Tater Grip is legal. Guess this ump either can't read or use a computer. Anyway, they are hoping to get the communication or something similar and post it on their website.

Love the TG
B-Dad

by afastpitchfanatic » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Got the Tatergrip. Daughter loves it. NSA umpires did not. It was rejected at the bat check. One ump took it up to the UIC and they rejected it also. The other field umpire went so far as to say that any bat without the original grip was a modified bat. So, I asked, "You mean if she needs a new grip, we can't put one on?" He said, "Yes, you would have to buy a new bat since any new grip is a modification."

Where can I find proof that these grips are legal?
afastpitchfanatic

by Fifteen's » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:17 pm

afastpitchfanatic wrote:Got the Tatergrip. Daughter loves it. NSA umpires did not. It was rejected at the bat check. One ump took it up to the UIC and they rejected it also. The other field umpire went so far as to say that any bat without the original grip was a modified bat. So, I asked, "You mean if she needs a new grip, we can't put one on?" He said, "Yes, you would have to buy a new bat since any new grip is a modification."

Where can I find proof that these grips are legal?

WT?

Negative ghost rider!!! I see them from time to time in college games, HS games, travel games, etc. Another example of ignoramus umpires who do not know enough about their "craft"!

Really?! Buy a new bat when you need to replace a grip?! Unbelievable! :roll:
Fifteen's

by afastpitchfanatic » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:08 am

Really?! Buy a new bat when you need to replace a grip?! Unbelievable!

I was in such disbelief that I repeated my question. You mean new $300 bat when DD needs new grip? YESSSS, because it's altered/modified. :shock: :o :shock: :o

Now, I know that's not right, but nobody would've been able to convince him of that!

I'm looking for the web link that I saw posted on some thread on HB. I thought it was an email to ASA umps about Tatergrip. I think I could use it for leverage, in addition to the other stuff I printed even though we're in a NSA tournament this weekend.
afastpitchfanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions