Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The best bat grip on the market

What's on your mind?

by B-Dad » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:55 pm

TG is working to get something official from ASA to put on their website so customers can provide to umps.

My email exchange.
Sent May 12th:
"DD was in a tournament this weekend (Park Forest, IL) and another kid on her team had the clear TG on her bat. At her 2nd at bat, Umpire tells her she has to use a different bat because the grip is not OEM.

Do you have anything that we can print out and put in her bag that we can hand to the umpire if any question it again to prove that it is ASA legal? After the game the kids's dad found the UIC and straightened it out. It was just the question messes up the momentum of the game."

reply (same day, great cust serv):
"I will try and get something up on the website from ASA as I spoke with their rules director and he said he sent an email out letting everyone know Tater Grip is legal, but some of these umpires do not pay attention to this stuff especially the old timers.
I will try and get something from ASA by next week"

my follow-up (May 30th)
"I just checked your website and didn't see anything yet. Did you get an email or notice or anything?

reply (next day)
"I have left several messages and spoken with their rules guy and they tell me the grip is legal and they will put a letter together for me soon. I can put up on our website if you want and say that Tater Grip is legal for use in all Pony, Little League, and ASA events/leagues—will that help?"

My point - this company is very responsive and working to get something from ASA. Unfortunately they can't demand a response.

I am wondering if any other umpire has the email from ASA (mentioned above) that says the grip is legal? Would be great to get a copy of that communication.
B-Dad

by Tater » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:39 am

http://www.asasoftball.com/umpires/clar ... 1_june.asp

We get a lot of phone calls and emails from players across the country asking if the grip is legal. Not every umpire has received the memo, but it is approved. If you have any local issues, please print this page from the link above and keep it in your bag to show the umpires. ASA mentions Tater Grip in their rules clarifications that it is LEGAL!

Good luck!
Tater

by shockcoach » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:43 pm

NSA rules state in Rule 3, Section 1b;

The bat shall have a safety grip of cork, tape (not smooth plastic type), or combination material.

I'm not sure what combination material is, but I would think the TatorGrip would apply.
shockcoach

by Tater » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:48 am

Not only is our grip approved by the ASA, they named our product in their latest release:

http://www.asasoftball.com/umpires/clar ... 1_june.asp

It is approved for Pony, Little League, USSSA, NCAA etc. and players in MLB are using it.
Tater

by NumeroUno » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Black and clear grip sale this week

Have you seen the new Tater Grip, these are the coolest and best grips I have seen.

They last a lot longer than the wrap on grip.

You can get a solid color grip or you can make a custom grip.

You can go the the tater grip web site and design a custom grip just for you. Team name your name an American flag etc. It is very easy to do and very easy to design and install.

http://www.tatergrip.com/Home_Page.html

You can buy them from heybucket and save money

You will love the feel of this grip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWa2ig9s1vw

The clear ones are $24.99 plus shipping if you buy them from the Tater grip website.

If you order them from Heybucket they are $20.00 for the clear ones including shipping and $15 for the solid colors including shipping

Order here:
tater_grip.html
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Tater » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:03 pm

The feedback from the players on Hey Bucket that have bought the grips have been incredible! I get random emails from players saying how much they love the grip on their kids bats. Great news coming from this great forum. We are happy to be a part of it.

Good news for anyone that has had a black grip from us in the past...the smell that some have commented about is GONE! We changed the solution that was being put in the black grips so the smell is no longer an issue.

GET A GRIP! Here at Hey Bucket!
Tater

by NumeroUno » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Clear, black and white grips on sales this week
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:52 am

great stocking stuffer

buy it here and you save $$$$$$$$
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Safebyahare » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:24 pm

So my daughter started saying that her bat (cf3) needed to be re-gripped. MMMMM I bought her the clear Gator Grip for Christmas. The stickers that came with it were bent up and did not look good. I went to Kinkos with a full cheetah print design and they fixed me up. With a full page sticker and a clear grip, it was good. So on Christmas day when things got slow, she cut out size of print for her bat, and she applied her own Tater Grip, this was good, since this was a bat she paid for with her owe money. The things she pays for with her money she cherishish the most. I like that she applied her design and not me. I could have bought her a new bat,(xino). Then again it is HER game.. Thx Cheetah Gator Grip..
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:54 pm

I usually take the printing paper out of Tater Grip box and put in under a book while designing the print.. That will flatten it down so you can print on it.
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions