Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Anyone here going to KOM?

What's on your mind?

by Judd » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:49 am

King of the Mountain is a big tourny here this weekend. 215+ teams entered with each age group having their own park. 12B's have 35 teams. Should be tons of fun
Judd

by NumeroUno » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:07 am

Judd,
Where is this tourney and can we get some scores to post:)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Judd » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:48 am

Its in GA near Atlanta. Some of the parks are east and some are south of Atlanta I will have my laptop so I will try to post scores, at least for 12B. Every age group/class has their own park.

I am going to try to get some pics too. There may be a heybucket T-Shirt sighting too :D
Judd

by NumeroUno » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:55 am

How about a picture of you at the tourney with a heybucket tee shirt on? :D
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Judd » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:23 am

Sorry Uno, the weather played havoc on us. Saturday it hit 80, then started pouring. Sunday it was in the 40's and was wet. Some of the parks cancelled the rest of the weekend. In our park the fields were pretty bad but 2 guys seemed to be doing all they could to get the fields back in shape with parents helping.

Anyway I didnt get any scores, the brackets all got changed due to time restraints and it was just a mess.

There was no heybucket Tshirt sighting, it was hidden under two jackets.

And worst of all, one of our players had to have an ambulance get her off the field after tripping over 3rd base and breaking her arm.
Judd

by 9'sDad » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi Judd! Just registered to respond and have meant to for a while. We were there for KOM in 16U. We really looked forward to this tournament after repeated rain-outs and one freeze-out! LOL. Last year our girls played 112 games without a rain delay much less a rain-out. Being in a 100 year drought in our area probably contributed. We played two pool games and one bracket game before being cancelled out. The tournament staff did all they could but the rain won out. Weather for our upcoming tournament doesn't look a whole lot better but we do need the rain. SIGH! We enjoyed the limited amount of play, competition was good and meeting the teams from Columbus and Valdosta was fun. Great folks!!
As the season starts back up I am always reminded of the enjoyment we receive from meeting and competing against all of this vast travel ball family.
Good Luck to everyone and enjoy this time you have!!
Mark :D
P.S. I hope your player is doing alright. I meant to mention this in original post. We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.
9'sDad

by Judd » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:21 am

Thanks. I know she broke both bones above her wrist and they put it in a temporary cast. She is supposed to see an ortho today. I would imagine this will end her summer season. Also I heard this is the 2nd break in the same area so this may have long term effects.

Thanks for the well wishes.

The crew at our pasrk seemed to do all they could to get the fields ready. I know on the local boards the TD got slammed pretty hard from the other parks.

We did get our 4 games in so we dont have much to gripe about except the way we played. Cant it just rain Mon-Thursday from midnight to 8AM?
Judd

Return to Fastpitch Discussions