Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

BOYS vs GIRLS???????

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:29 am

SSdad wrote:Well you are lucky they were only Dodger tickets, easy choice there, softball all the way!!! :D

Okay SSdad where are you from and who is your team?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by DonnieS » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:39 am

>> My DD has a shirt with the saying "If softball were easy, they would call it baseball" <<

17 y/o dd wears that shirt to her boyfriends baseball games.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by dustyshoes » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:53 am

I don't have the problem of a family split along gender lines between baseball and softball so I can't relate to that problem but I certainly appreciate the difference in watching high level softball vs baseball.

A Pro fastpitch team moved to our area last year and I couldn't get enough of their games while I feel like I have to drag myself to a Nats game, although playing in dilapidated RFK last year didn't help. The pace is much quicker, no holding base runners, fewer releif pitcher, etc, parking is less of a hassle and the game and it's players are much more accessible. I brought DD and her best friend to a game last year, caught 3 foul balls, gave DD two, her friend one and had the whole team sign them after the game.

I hope it can last, I never see very many people at the games I've gone to which is nice in a way but still cause for concern for the long-term viability of the league.
dustyshoes

by SSdad » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Numero Uno, I live in Socal. The Angels are my team. It's kind of like Ford and Chevy, if you like one you hate the other. I am not bilingual but i think if you translate Los Angeles, it means the Angels. lol

Go Halos
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by artomatic » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:46 pm

around here we say "Los Doyers!"

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by K'SDAD » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:40 am

artomatic wrote:around here we say "Los Doyers!"

around here we say "Los Bravos"
K'SDAD

by str8up » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:00 am

I have a 12-u dd that plays travel ball and pony baseball at the same time....1st priority is softball of course. :ugeek:
Team Work
Multiplies Your Talent
str8up

by Skarp » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am

No comparison...softball all the way. And you don't have to stop at baseball. Throw in soccer, basketball, swimming (shudder), football, etc.--they're all poor spectator sports in comparison to softball. Softball has the perfect combination of action and intellect, individual heroics (truly individual--neither the pitcher nor batter can pass the ball to a teammate) AND teamwork. And don't forget cheering, which some people on here don't like, but which I think is great.

I've got two boys, and they're usually on the short end of the stick when it comes to conflicts (or at least my wife is :D ). Softball's just way more fun to watch.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bradrhod » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:49 pm

It is about the pace of the game.

Baseball, as in the National League, believed that they did not lose vary many fans if the game was 2.5 to 3 hours long. Yet, lengthening the game created a lot more commercial spots to sell. Personally, I believe they were very wrong. I can hardly stand to watch a baseball game anymore. I know many friends that were baseball diehards, who no longer watch the game on TV, just catch the update on SportsCenter. What happens in the majors, flows down to the lower levels. Now you have a 12 year old baseball game taking 2.5 hours to get 7 innings.

Compare that softball. Watching the WCWS and they break for a standard commercial, when they get back you have already missed the first pitch. Commentators do not have to repeat endless drivvel to fill time.

Much more enjoyable.
bradrhod

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions