Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Sad/Scary Day In SD Softball Community

What's on your mind?

by Skarp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Has Been wrote: The public can absolutely decide whatever they feel is right

Excellent. So we can all agree, then, that your attempt to police up this forum with...
Has Been wrote:....until that happens leave your "bubba, next level, soap" comments to another lesser forum to where that might actually be entertaining.

...was way out of line.

Glad we got that cleared up. :mrgreen:
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:59 pm

All I know is when I read the article, it sent shivers down my back.
How could it get to where it did?
I like to come on these boards to discuss softball related stuff. Mostly fun, shallow, entertaining, get-me-through-the-work-day stuff...
You know, softball tan lines, does a riseball really rise, fat guys playing/coaching sofftball, the next moster player, following Skarp and Sam going at it...
Stuff like that...
Then I read something like this, and with two daughters of my own, one about the same age as the girl in this story, I just get a pit in my stomach...it has nothing to do with softball, and everything to do with being a parent and wanting to protect my girls...kind of takes my sense of humor away...
Yeah, who knows the exact facts except the two people involved, but I think stories like these bring out the parental instincts of protecting our kids, and that contributes to the strong reactions we are seeing...
just a shame...
JMHO
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:01 pm

Has Been wrote:What I will say is that at the core of the argument if someone files a complaint with authorities they are inherently disgruntled.

Disgruntled: in a state of sulky dissatisfaction.

Maybe you should choose a different word if you are not trying to cast aspersions on her motives without any factual support. I believe that's the very conduct you were so upset about in your OP.

Just a friendly suggestion from the resident rubble-rouser (guilty as charged). :mrgreen:
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Has Been » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:03 pm

Skarp,

Having an opinion and being able to convey that opinion intelligently on a subject mattter is one thing; inappropriate, derogatory, inflammatory statements for which there is little basis- especially on a topic as serious as this- is a whole other ball game.

I understand you know far more about the latter than the former which is fine and you will continue your schtick because, well the bottom line is that it entertains you. At some point I hope that there will be a subject matter that hits closely enough to home for you to have actual stance on something. Until then have fun doing what you do.
Has Been

by Skarp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:29 pm

Has Been wrote:Skarp,

Having an opinion and being able to convey that opinion intelligently on a subject mattter is one thing; inappropriate, derogatory, inflammatory statements for which there is little basis- especially on a topic as serious as this- is a whole other ball game.

I understand you know far more about the latter than the former which is fine and you will continue your schtick because, well the bottom line is that it entertains you. At some point I hope that there will be a subject matter that hits closely enough to home for you to have actual stance on something. Until then have fun doing what you do.

HB,

You are obviously smart enough and proficient enough with the language to have understood the connotations of "disgruntled" and to have intentionally selected the word. It's not exactly one that rolls of the tongue unbidden. From your relative descriptions of the accused and the accuser, I would guess that you have a horse in this race. Why else would a self-described "Long time listener, first time caller" suddenly jump into the fray with such fervor?

BTW: what makes you think I don't care about the things I write about? When someone on a public forum tells someone else what they should and shouldn't talk about, I assure you that my response is more than just an intellectual exercise to me.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softball_parent » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:16 pm

Wow is all I can say. I hope this is not true because Chris was one of the best coaches my daughter had.
softball_parent

by Ritalin » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Here's the statement on the TNL website...

Tuesday, March 4
The Next Level Organizational Update

In response to the unfortunate situation our organization is experiencing right now, the board of directors of The Next Level met last night (March 4th) with the goals of protecting everyone involved and keeping our organization strong and moving forward.

The board would like to assure everyone that TNL is not going anywhere. As one of the premiere travel softball organizations in the nation, having produced many talented athletes that play at the collegiate level, the board and our members will pull together and continue this great tradition.

For the 2008 season, all age groups are committed to participate in many tournaments arrangements for these have already been made. This summer is packed, just as it always is!

Mike Myer & Jerry Delamater have assumed the practice and leadership duties of the club. We also have coaches in place for each of the age groups: Doug, Leslie, Jamie and the return of a former member of our coaching staff (and ever a part of the extended TNL family), Cathy. These coaches will all be there to help Mike and Jerry.

Chris Facione will be taking an administrative leave to focus on personal issues. He understands the importance of keeping the organization moving forward and everyone is in agreement that this is the best course of action at the present time.

In closing, as always, we are... TNL!
Ritalin

by NumeroUno » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Ritalin,
Thank you very much for that and best of luck to the TNL organization..
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by wadeintothem » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:42 pm

My "day job" is in the criminal legal system.

99% of the time no one is testifying to anything, because other than a prelim in a felony case for certifying a case to unlimited jurisdiction.. there is no testifying.

Let me tell you how this is probably going to go down, as someone who has been involved in many similar cases before..

First, he is out on bail and time will obviously be waived. No defense attorney in his right mind would not waive time in a case like this. So this is probably going to go on for awhile. The DA will come out with all kinds of scary stuff and the poker game will begin.. in the end, if I had to guess..

Of course this will likely be charged as a felony and the defendant held to answer to Superior Court - 261.5 is a "wobbler" so a major bargaining point and the main "chip" to be played will be to bargain it down to a Misdemeanor for a plea. So this will drag on for a year while this is played out. She'll be 18 by that time.

I dont know the facts, and presuming this was consensual (as opposed to rape, and I'm aware of the age of consent in CA being 18)...

If anything comes of it, probably worst case for the deft is:

Plea to Misdemeanor 261.5
Formal Probation, some classes.
Register as a sex offender 290 PC (probably the worst thing out of this whole deal for him)
Some county time (in the neighborhood of 190 days, probably even suspended)
A bunch of stuff that everyone on formal prob has to do and pay.
Restitution
a CLETS order preventing him from contacting her.

This probably isnt going to amount to much, even in the "worst case" situation..

Thats just the reality of how it goes.

How it goes in his personal life, career, and in the civil aspect remains to be seen.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by BIG PAPA 18 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:01 pm

Skarp wrote:
Has Been wrote: The public can absolutely decide whatever they feel is right

Excellent. So we can all agree, then, that your attempt to police up this forum with...
Has Been wrote:....until that happens leave your "bubba, next level, soap" comments to another lesser forum to where that might actually be entertaining.

...was way out of line.

Glad we got that cleared up. :mrgreen:

My thoughts exactly :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BIG PAPA 18

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions