Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

Pitching sequence

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by artomatic » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:13 am

These pictures are from the ASA Turkey Tournament back in November 2006, at the old Chino Hills Community Park, which is now a shopping center.
What I remember about this tournament is that the park was ready to shut down and they had stopped watering the grass. Any ball that reached the outfield rolled and rolled like it was on cement. Countless singles turned into home runs.
Anyways, someone had a new camera and took some shots of my kid:
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Coachmom » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:24 am

Great pics!
How do you post your pics on this site??
“One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it.”
Coachmom

by thatguy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:44 am

Art - The new park in CH did not fix the problem with the outfield. They still don't water it (turf) and singles still turn into home runs. ;)

Great shots! Quick question.....How's the new camera? Looking at your kids smile and the location of the pitch, the camera appears to be in trouble.
thatguy

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:56 am

That is so funny, dang smile the whole way. CUTE!!!
Sftbll4ever

by artomatic » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:03 am

thatguy wrote:Art - The new park in CH did not fix the problem with the outfield. They still don't water it (turf) and singles still turn into home runs. ;)

Great shots! Quick question.....How's the new camera? Looking at your kids smile and the location of the pitch, the camera appears to be in trouble.

funny story about that 2nd sequence of pictures:
i was catching her on a bucket before the whole team got there, and the dad taking the pictures was directly behind me, like an umpire...my kid got this bright idea of throwing right at the camera...all i remember is the dad/umpire muttering "OH S$#T!"
then I heard him falling back. i looked behind me and he had fallen on his butt...he sent me the pictures later, and i still don't know how he stayed in position long enough to take them...
you can see in her face first laughing at her idea, then satisfaction that the ball was headed towards her intended target (the dad's head taking pictures), and finally cracking up at him falling down...
and yeah, my kid laughs at that stuff. she also laughs when she hurts my hand, when a drop ball goes off my toe, when i fall down the stairs, you know, slapstick comedy type stuff...

so softbll4ever, it was more of an evil laugh than a cute smile...
Last edited by artomatic on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Gone in 2.6 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:16 am

What's with Percy in the background in the first 5 pictures? LOL.

Come on Percy, get out of the shot! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by artomatic » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:24 am

Gone in 2.6 wrote:What's with Percy in the background in the first 5 pictures? LOL.

is that the guy in right field?
looks like he is walking backwards judging by his placement in each frame...
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:36 am

Gone in 2.6 wrote:What's with Percy in the background in the first 5 pictures? LOL.

That is funny, happy go lucky....

Anyone who can prove who Percy is in the background gets a free heybucket tee shirt
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Gone in 2.6 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:05 am

Percy! Busted!!!!!

Skylar Segura
Special to StudentSportsSoftball.com

Talk about it in the Message Boards
Hello everyone!

Christmas is almost here and I am so excited. It's my favorite time of the year. Well, I would have to say that my Christmas wish came true. On December 7, I verbally committed to Loyola Marymount University, located near L.A.

I went on an unofficial about a month and a half ago and I fell in love with the campus and the surroundings. There were so many great things that came with going there. My uncle lives in Marina Del Ray, which is literally five minutes away. My grandpa lives in Santa Monica right on the beach, which is twenty minutes away. I never really wanted to get too far away from home and LMU is not too far, but not too close. It felt like the perfect fit for me. It was one of my top five colleges and the last unofficial that I took.

Segura has verbally committed to LMU.
Out of my top ten colleges I went to five unofficials. As I blogged about before, I went to some unofficials back east and it was an experience of a lifetime. I met some of the nicest coaches and I honestly thought that I would have ended up going to one of those colleges. One of them felt like a home away from home and the coach was fantastic there! But I knew in the back of my mind I would miss California way too much. So I came home and went on an unofficial to LMU. It was such a beautiful day with the sun out and the ocean breeze and back east didn't really have that. Coach Ferrin gave me a thorough tour around the campus and it was amazing. He spent three hours with my family and I, and I felt comfortable to ask any questions about the softball program as well as academics.

Coach Ferrin invited us to stick around and watch the softball team practice. The girls on the team were all working hard and looked awesome. I became excited to want to play on their team. But what was also very cool was when I saw the girl's had road their beach cruisers to practice.

While we were touring, I learned that the school had an incredible business hall and I was thinking about majoring in either business or political science. I starting to think, "If I came here, I would not only be playing softball close to home, but I would be getting one of the best degrees around."

The day I started to play for Gary Haning, everyone would tell me that I would have a choice of which school I wanted to go to and I didn't think that could be true until I experienced it for myself. The day I verbaled was one of the happiest days of my family's life and mine!

I have been playing softball since I was four years old and ever since then, I knew I wanted to play for the rest of my life. Since I was ten I have worked out basically everyday whether it has to do with offense, defense, or weight training, and the only day I would give myself some time off was Fridays. I didn't really think about scholarships until I was a little older and I realized that softball could take me pretty far in life.

I know that I can't play forever but I know that a degree from a school like LMU can take me pretty far in life. I would have to say that this Christmas is the best Christmas by far and I am so thankful for everything!!

Thank you to my travel ball coaches, my weight trainers, my rec. ball coaches, my high school coaches, and everyone else who has coached and trained me throughout my life. I also want to thank Coach Ferrin for this opportunity. Most of all I want to thank my parents and my brother Gavin for their time and dedication and for the push, drive and support they have always given me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Skylar Segura
Attachments
584050.jpg
Diana, Skylar and PERCY!!!
584050.jpg (51.14 KiB) Viewed 7368 times
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by NumeroUno » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:08 am

Gone in 2.6 is that him :lol:
You are the king