Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

"TO ALL SOFTBALL DADS"

What's on your mind?

by LIFE » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:53 am

There are 2 fathers in life, one who lives for there kids and one who lives for themselves. If you are reading this I know you live for your kids. 2 days ago a father had to make a decision to take his daughter off of life support after 1 month, now he can only wait to see when his little girl is giong to die. I do not wish this on any of us, but sometimes we need to step back and enjoy life a little and try not to worry about little things. To the Hot Shots Organization my prayers go to Emily Toy a 10 year old little girl who is hoping for a miracle to live another day. Alan Toy stay strong for your family on this fathers day.

YESTERDAY IS HISTORY
TOMORROW IS A MYSTERY
TODAY IS A GIFT

FATHERS TRY TO ENJOY THIS SPECIAL DAY THEY MADE FOR US..

LIFE
LIFE
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:53 pm

by Nzane » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:44 am

Wow. Again, another sad, sad story. My prayers go to this little girl and her family!!
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
User avatar
Nzane
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:41 am

by Tucson » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:09 am

Could you share what happened to Emily? The update said something about heart attack. Also, is she a ball player?

My heart goes out to her friends and family.
User avatar
Tucson
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm

by Norcal Iceman » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Life - thanks for the realty check. This really makes you put things into perspective. From what I heard today, she had complications with strep. My prayers go out to her and family. :(
Norcal Iceman
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:20 pm

by watcher » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Reality check for sure, I'm sitting in front of the "puter" getting text's from twitter as my youngest DD is catching the berth game in So. Cal. I will now stop praying for a win & start praying for a little girls life.
watcher
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:10 am

by Boracho1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Tonight I'll say a prayer for the 2 girls god has blessed me with, and for the grandaughter that's on her way. I'll also say a prayer for a little girl that I don't know and for her family as well. Mr. Toy Please stay strong and treasure whatever time God grants you with Emily. The softball family supports you..
User avatar
Boracho1
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:08 pm

by dittoz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:13 am

Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
User avatar
dittoz
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:05 am
Location: Northern CA

by Nzane » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:39 am

I am speechless. What a tough decision for a parent to make
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
User avatar
Nzane
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:41 am

by coolstuff » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:47 am

I have to respond to this and I am not being critical in any way. My prayer for the father is that he find the strength to NOT "stay strong for his family." I pray that he allows himself to lean on the Lord and grieve with his family. He has to deal with the hurt and the wounds that it will leave behind. Sometimes we fathers fool ourselves thinking that we have to stuff our emotion inside and "be strong." This is a myth. We are strong when we show our families that's it's OK to grieve, it's OK to cry, it's OK to hurt, and that as a man and as a family, they will lean together on the pillar of the Lord.

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. - Psalm 18:2
User avatar
coolstuff
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:48 am

by DonnieS » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 am

coolstuff wrote:I have to respond to this and I am not being critical in any way. My prayer for the father is that he find the strength to NOT "stay strong for his family." I pray that he allows himself to lean on the Lord and grieve with his family. He has to deal with the hurt and the wounds that it will leave behind. Sometimes we fathers fool ourselves thinking that we have to stuff our emotion inside and "be strong." This is a myth. We are strong when we show our families that's it's OK to grieve, it's OK to cry, it's OK to hurt, and that as a man and as a family, they will lean together on the pillar of the Lord.

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. - Psalm 18:2


CS, very well said, and our prayers are with the family.
User avatar
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3694
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:27 pm

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions