Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Do your team parents grumble too?

What's on your mind?

by MoeFoes » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:55 pm

Demonboy wrote:
22'sDad wrote:Isn't this post one big bitch session? :lol:

What does everyone want a bunch of quiet, compliant robots in the stands? Boring...


A team of orphans preferably.

DEMONBOY!!! now that is a great idea!!!!
I took some flyers to the local orphanage...There is a lot of talent out there. I had 5 girls tryout for next years 12u team. They look good!!! As long as they dont get adopted, I'll only have to deal with one social worker. That is awesome. They dont care if the girl even plays.
I am a little nervous though...
I have had other teams parents threatening to adopt them.....
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Ghetto America

by playascabbie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:50 pm

:o It is amazing the lack of respect that so many coaches have for the parents of their players. I can understand the fine line between running your team without interference by parents, but without those parents you have nothing.

It is disgraceful the way some of the coaches behave. You abuse the umpires, disrestect other coaches, yell, scream and belittle players and parents alike...

But because you are a "Coach" you should be revered.

I am disapointed to see a well respected coach tossed from a game because of his uncontrolled outbursts, and as a parent I think it is about time some of you Managers practice what you preach, and start being a better example to the players and the parents that you expect the world from.

Respect is earned, not given because you have "Manager or Coach" in front of your name.
playascabbie
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:59 pm

by Skarp » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:46 am

playascabbie wrote::o It is amazing the lack of respect that so many coaches have for the parents of their players. I can understand the fine line between running your team without interference by parents, but without those parents you have nothing.

It is disgraceful the way some of the coaches behave. You abuse the umpires, disrestect other coaches, yell, scream and belittle players and parents alike...

But because you are a "Coach" you should be revered.

I am disapointed to see a well respected coach tossed from a game because of his uncontrolled outbursts, and as a parent I think it is about time some of you Managers practice what you preach, and start being a better example to the players and the parents that you expect the world from.

Respect is earned, not given because you have "Manager or Coach" in front of your name.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this--after all, "thou shalt not be a jackass" are words that speak directly to my soul--but I'm trying to figure out how your first paragraph is supported at all by the rest of what you wrote.

How, specifically, do "so many" coaches disrespect their players' parents? By calling them names? Spitting on them, perhaps? Or is it by not taking parental views and opinions into account when making managerial decisions? If the latter, I humbly suggest that you in fact do not "understand the fine line between running your team without interference by parents"....
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
User avatar
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:10 pm

by Sam » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:54 am

playascabbie wrote::o It is amazing the lack of respect that so many coaches have for the parents of their players. I can understand the fine line between running your team without interference by parents, but without those parents you have nothing.

It is disgraceful the way some of the coaches behave. You abuse the umpires, disrestect other coaches, yell, scream and belittle players and parents alike...

But because you are a "Coach" you should be revered.

I am disapointed to see a well respected coach tossed from a game because of his uncontrolled outbursts, and as a parent I think it is about time some of you Managers practice what you preach, and start being a better example to the players and the parents that you expect the world from.

Respect is earned, not given because you have "Manager or Coach" in front of your name.


Here's the deal....regardless of whether or not we earn YOUR respect....we can remove you if we don't like you.

I've been doing this a while....and I don't see very many of the coaches you describe.

The thing you apparently don't get is....a good coach will remove a bad parent solely because they respect their OTHER parents......they get rid of the bad parent nobody likes to be around to make their good parents more comfortable and to improve their family's experience with the team.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by backstop13 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:39 am

playascabbie wrote:but without those parents you have nothing.


So it is about the parents??

playascabbie wrote:Respect is earned, not given because you have "Manager or Coach" in front of your name.


And that most definitely goes both ways. Just because you drop your kid off at practice, respect is not simply given to you.
User avatar
backstop13
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:43 am

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions