Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

12u HOF Brackets out

What's on your mind?

by YellowBalls » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:24 pm

JustPlayTheGame wrote:
Missinit wrote:
YellowBalls wrote:
hittinghard wrote:What about the grapettes? How is this team ranked in CA?


They aren't ranked at all -- serious defensive issues plague this team, at least the few times they competed in So Cal, they got their hats handed to them.... Maybe they got better.. :?



No team north of Bakersfield gets ranked. Grapettes never got ranked last year and finished 3rd at nationals. Go figure ;)



How did this year's 12U Grapettes 96 team do when they competed in 2009 SoCal tournaments? Did they play in the Fresno Force Classic? How did they do? Facts please.


After being knocked down into the 12U "Silver" Bracket after losing games in pool play, they won the Silver Championship. They have not competed very well against Top 20 SoCal Teams. Again, they are no where near the calibur of the '95 Grapettes who competed so well in Nationals last year. Still, these are kids who could surprise you and if they pull their defense together could give a good game... Never under-estimate anyone, regardless of what we say or how teams are "ranked", most of that is bull-crap anyways. ;)
Last edited by YellowBalls on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YellowBalls
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:29 pm

by Missinit » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:29 pm

JustPlayTheGame wrote:
Missinit wrote:
YellowBalls wrote:
hittinghard wrote:What about the grapettes? How is this team ranked in CA?


They aren't ranked at all -- serious defensive issues plague this team, at least the few times they competed in So Cal, they got their hats handed to them.... Maybe they got better.. :?



No team north of Bakersfield gets ranked. Grapettes never got ranked last year and finished 3rd at nationals. Go figure ;)



How did this year's 12U Grapettes 96 team do when they competed in 2009 SoCal tournaments? Did they play in the Fresno Force Classic? How did they do? Facts please.


Not sure how they did over all down south, probably won some games against good teams and lost some games against bad teams and visa-versa. Lost first or second game on Sunday at the force classic and won the silver bracket.
Point is, just because the south doesn't include a team in their ranks isn't reason to under estimate them.

You want facts you go find them.
If you show no mercy... you deserve no mercy!
Missinit
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:45 am

by hittinghard » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks for the info,
User avatar
hittinghard
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:57 pm

by georgiahoo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:29 am

REALLY wrote:Here are my predictions for the 12U


Impact Red 2 TX Fury 1

I hate it when the team I pick to win it all loses their first game and screws up my bracket.
georgiahoo
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:01 am

by REALLY » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:32 am

georgiahoo wrote:
REALLY wrote:Here are my predictions for the 12U


Impact Red 2 TX Fury 1

I hate it when the team I pick to win it all loses their first game and screws up my bracket.



Tell me about it :P but it looks like it was a good game not the blowout predicted by some :? . 3 out of 4 so far isn't so bad. I'm thinking the redhots might shake it up a bit before it's over I may have underestimated them
In the immortal words of the great Spazsdad "Don't get all butt hurt" ;)Image
User avatar
REALLY
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:12 pm

by georgiahoo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:46 am

If I had to pick a team to win it all I'd say Firecrackers, but that's just based on reputation. I haven't seen the Georgia teams that are there play but I understand the Impact and Battlecats aren't bad.
georgiahoo
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:01 am

by Clean_up » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:27 am

georgiahoo wrote:If I had to pick a team to win it all I'd say Firecrackers, but that's just based on reputation. I haven't seen the Georgia teams that are there play but I understand the Impact and Battlecats aren't bad.


Firecrackers lost 3-2 in their first game then beat TX Fury 14-1 and Austin Stars 7-1... GA Impact Red is a very good team and the Frost Comets are as well. Firecrackers are solid, not sure what happened in their first game - judging by the score, it was a good game..

Grapettes lost 8-0 vs Comets, but won their second game 10-2.

The game I would like to watch if both teams win their next game would be Frost Comets vs 96 Diamonds..
User avatar
Clean_up
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:10 am

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions