Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Player Leaving Mid Season!

What's on your mind?

by D00bie » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:53 pm

Coach11 wrote:Maybe if you did your parenting job properly, you wouldn't have placed her on a team so horrendous it requires leaving midseason?

No one said you commit to a team for life.

But even if you signed her up for a rec league team, be adult enough to make sure she sees THAT commitment through.


Coach11 has more waffles on this than IHOP. "Never say never", and other B.S.

There is only so much good faith and due dliligence one can do when looking for teams. Your daughter tries out a few times, you chat (gossip) with the parents during the try-outs get a feel for things and make a decision. Maybe you live in area where you can get some outside feedback. Depending on where you live, and if your daughter and your family is new to travel ball you might not have all of those options available at your disposal.

If you leave a team because the team falls apart, the coach turns into a butt hole or always was one but you couldn't determine that on 2 try-outs, practice schedule changes, fees change, your home situation changes etc. Coach11 and Sam would like you to think that makes you a liar and now Coach11 is throwing in bad parenting into the mix which is a total non sequitur.

I am beginning to think Coach11 is a woman and needs to change his maxi pad.
User avatar
D00bie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:06 pm

by Sam » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:04 pm

If you need to leave a team in midseason because your DD can't compete with her teammates, just admit it....you put her on a team that she really has no business playing with. Just admit it....don't blame the coaching. The coaching is the coaching every year for coaches who are a known quantity. If you put her on a team with a new coach, you deserve what you get.

I have also seen coaches get rid of attitude players/parents by limiting the playing time of the young lady....think about that one.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by Coach11 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Doob....following a commitiment through....even when you are unhappy to have to do so..... is EXACTLY what being a man is all about.

So you can take your little schoolyard pot shots all you want.

If your daughter stinks, and isn't getting the playing time you think she deserves....suck it up for a season.

There will be another pick up team forming next year she can join.

And MAYBE she'll get to see some playing time with that team.

Heck....maybe you can even coach!!! LOL!!!!
Coach11
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 am

by gripnrip » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:13 pm

last post for me on this topic, people cant comprehend what they read. The problem on this site is the exact problem on our softball fields. A bunch of wannabe dads that think they know it all when it comes to the game, pitching, hitting, etc.. The same dads that I feel play on teams for their own gratification, not they're DDs. Take "Ace" for instance, probably has coached his DD forever, she does'nt know how to play for someone else...I'm sure he will hold her hand through life. Then he leaves a pornographic message on a girls softball site..these are the coaches I'm talking about. Where I come from we call them tuna fish, they swim in packs and all think alike, never on their own or outside the box. Then there's "Sam"... chicken of the sea, another tuna. Just agrees with everyone else, sits w/ all the dads, and complains about the same things. The funny thing is I never mentioned one thing about MY daughter leaving any team, in fact she has NEVER quit on a any team since she's been playing. Probably to complicated for some of you to understand because your too busy "swimming w/ the pack".
gripnrip
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 pm

by noclu13 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Ok you win. I say go ahead and leave. And please do it soon.
Responsibility is the Price of Freedom
noclu13
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:33 am

by Sam » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:55 am

gripnrip wrote:last post for me on this topic, people cant comprehend what they read. The problem on this site is the exact problem on our softball fields. A bunch of wannabe dads that think they know it all when it comes to the game, pitching, hitting, etc.. The same dads that I feel play on teams for their own gratification, not they're DDs. Take "Ace" for instance, probably has coached his DD forever, she does'nt know how to play for someone else...I'm sure he will hold her hand through life. Then he leaves a pornographic message on a girls softball site..these are the coaches I'm talking about. Where I come from we call them tuna fish, they swim in packs and all think alike, never on their own or outside the box. Then there's "Sam"... chicken of the sea, another tuna. Just agrees with everyone else, sits w/ all the dads, and complains about the same things. The funny thing is I never mentioned one thing about MY daughter leaving any team, in fact she has NEVER quit on a any team since she's been playing. Probably to complicated for some of you to understand because your too busy "swimming w/ the pack".


You ought to do your homework before you call me out...you talk about people not being able to comprehend...and then you say that I agree with everyone....only a complete and utter moron would derive that worthless analysis after looking at just a single post of mine.

I don't sit with dads....I'm in the dugout....something you may not have the huevos to try. If you had...lets say....started your own travel team....held tryouts....picked your team....and had to actually inform kids that were dying to play on your team that they had not made it....only to find out that one of the kids you picked is leaving in the middle of the season when it is almost impossible to replace the player and is leaving you short handed. No big deal if you carry 15 kids...but I never liked to carry more than 12...I like to make sure everyone plays. You might understand if you had ever done any of this...but all you can point to is some travel teams who have some successful younger teams and how good their coaches are....got news for ya....you are as good as the players you recruit. You need not look far to find shining examples of that theorum. Don't get me wrong....I know Sanders and Berndes down at Power Surge and they are both excellent coaches....don't know the Firecracker guys....they weren't really around, except for Rico's 18 Gold team, when I was coaching.

If your kid has never left a team, then you are doing what you are supposed to be doing....what is expected of you. You aren't doing the coach a favor by staying....you are doing what you said you would do....so in the end.....nobody gives a crap....because people like you will do what you want to do ....and you will likely leave in midseason in the future....funny thing.....people don't just do that once....they seem to keep doing it over and over...and when they get to older teams... and they view the kid's resume....they will pick the loyal kid and not the nomad.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by Ace » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am

gripnrip wrote:last post for me on this topic, people cant comprehend what they read. The problem on this site is the exact problem on our softball fields. A bunch of wannabe dads that think they know it all when it comes to the game, pitching, hitting, etc.. The same dads that I feel play on teams for their own gratification, not they're DDs. Take "Ace" for instance, probably has coached his DD forever, she does'nt know how to play for someone else...I'm sure he will hold her hand through life. Then he leaves a pornographic message on a girls softball site..these are the coaches I'm talking about. Where I come from we call them tuna fish, they swim in packs and all think alike, never on their own or outside the box. Then there's "Sam"... chicken of the sea, another tuna. Just agrees with everyone else, sits w/ all the dads, and complains about the same things. The funny thing is I never mentioned one thing about MY daughter leaving any team, in fact she has NEVER quit on a any team since she's been playing. Probably to complicated for some of you to understand because your too busy "swimming w/ the pack".


Yes, take me for an example of reading comprehension. I was pretty clear in my post that I do NOT even have a daughter on my team. I have NEVER coached my daughter for even one inning. I may be the only coach you have ever met without a daughter on his team because you surely have not been past the recreation level as either a player or a parent. As for me leaving a pornographic message on a girls website... WTH? Really? Because I think you just exposed yourself as the whinning parent who has an excuse for everything, looks for any reason to point the finger, cryies racist every chance she gets, and complains that the coach ONLY yells at your daughter. Since I have decided that this is you, I would be more than happy to part ways with you. If you havent left your DD's team early, please do so. Nobody needs a cancer in the stands like you. Gotta go, I have a date tonight.
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

by Phantom » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am

Sam wrote:I have also seen coaches get rid of attitude players/parents by limiting the playing time of the young lady....think about that one.



so you dont think its ok to leave mid season if this is happening?
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:59 am

by Phantom » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:19 am

Coach11 wrote:Doob....following a commitiment through....even when you are unhappy to have to do so..... is EXACTLY what being a man is all about. If your daughter stinks, and isn't getting the playing time you think she deserves....suck it up for a season.



WRONG, why stick around and waste time and money? does that make ANY sense? If the team doesnt need the kid (except for dues) that is pretty selfish on the coaches behalf

EXACTLY what being a man is all about? NO, its EXACTLY what being a GOOD PARENT is all about
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:59 am

by Phantom » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:21 am

gripnrip wrote:last post for me on this topic, people cant comprehend what they read. The problem on this site is the exact problem on our softball fields. A bunch of wannabe dads that think they know it all when it comes to the game, pitching, hitting, etc.. The same dads that I feel play on teams for their own gratification, not they're DDs. Take "Ace" for instance, probably has coached his DD forever, she does'nt know how to play for someone else...I'm sure he will hold her hand through life. Then he leaves a pornographic message on a girls softball site..these are the coaches I'm talking about. Where I come from we call them tuna fish, they swim in packs and all think alike, never on their own or outside the box. Then there's "Sam"... chicken of the sea, another tuna. Just agrees with everyone else, sits w/ all the dads, and complains about the same things. The funny thing is I never mentioned one thing about MY daughter leaving any team, in fact she has NEVER quit on a any team since she's been playing. Probably to complicated for some of you to understand because your too busy "swimming w/ the pack".


well said
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:59 am

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions