Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Player Leaving Mid Season!

What's on your mind?

by Vegasdad » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:05 am

madness wrote:
L84DNR wrote:I have found a lot of good softball advice here



What?? Here??? Advise???? :shock:

If you are making decisions off Heybucket advise then you shouldn't be making decisions.

GET OFF THE FIELD LOSER!


And once again we go back to spell check. Since you quoted him about advice, couldn't you at least spell it right in your own post? :?:
Vegasdad
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:32 pm

by L84DNR » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:17 am

Vegasdad wrote:
madness wrote:
L84DNR wrote:I have found a lot of good softball advice here



What?? Here??? Advise???? :shock:

If you are making decisions off Heybucket advise then you shouldn't be making decisions.

GET OFF THE FIELD LOSER!


And once again we go back to spell check. Since you quoted him about advice, couldn't you at least spell it right in your own post? :?:



Nice call vegas dad...LOL! Madness must be here looking for love....good luck, may you find a bucket crusher to make you complete.
User avatar
L84DNR
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 10:17 pm

by gripnrip » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:30 pm

I dont care what the situation is, what loyalties your supposed to have. For most of us we have one chance to get this right, to put our DDs in a situation that will raise they're level of playing ability, knowledge of the game, and leadership. So many of you have talked about Power Surge and Fire Crackers...You know why there such a good organization? You know why they're so successful? because they have good coaches that know the game, and more importantly know how to train and interact with GIRLS!!!!! If I made a mistake by putting my DD on a team that has poor coaching or a coach that be-littles our de-motivates the the team, or consistentley makes poor judgments during the games, I'm out of there!!! I dont care what team it is, who's feelings get hurt...They grow too fast, and theres now time to be a part of something that is moving or DDs in the wrong direction..especially after private lessons, club fee's, traveling cost, etc..We are investing time and money in our kids future, think of them first..are they happy? Do they respect their coach? can they learn from their coach? Everyone's so caught up in loyalties..where will they be next season, next year, college....players come and go...The right coach makes teams play for them based on their knowledge, and commitment to make them better players. They wont follow a yeller, a punisher, or a bully..they're girls.
Last edited by gripnrip on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gripnrip
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 pm

by BonezMom » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 pm

gripnrip wrote:I dont care what the situation is, what loyalties your supposed to have. For most of us we have one chance to get this right, to put our DDs in a situation that will raise their level of playing ability, knowledge of the game, and leadership. So many of you have talked about Power Surge and Fire Crackers...You know why there such a good organization? You know why there so successful? because they have good coaches that know the game, and more importantly know how to train and interact with GIRLS!!!!! If I made a mistake by putting my DD on a team that has poor coaching or a coach that be-littles our de-motivates the the team, or consistentley makes poor judgments during the games, I'm out of there!!! I dont care what team it is, who's feelings get hurt...They grow too fast, and theres now time to be a part of something that is moving or DDs in the wrong direction..especially after private lessons, club fee's, traveling cost, etc..We are investing time and money in our kids future, think of them first..are they happy? Do they respect their coach? can they learn from their coach? Everyone's so caught up in loyalties..where will they be next season, next year, college....players come and go...The right coach makes teams play for them based on their knowledge, and commitment to make them better players. They wont follow a yeller, a punisher, or a bully..their girls.


who's girls?...oooohhhh you mean THEY'RE girls... as in THEY ARE ..... :D
Too bad, so sad, bye bye
User avatar
BonezMom
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:48 pm

by Ace » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:08 pm

gripnrip wrote:I dont care what the situation is, what loyalties your supposed to have. For most of us we have one chance to get this right, to put our DDs in a situation that will raise they're level of playing ability, knowledge of the game, and leadership. So many of you have talked about Power Surge and Fire Crackers...You know why there such a good organization? You know why they're so successful? because they have good coaches that know the game, and more importantly know how to train and interact with GIRLS!!!!! If I made a mistake by putting my DD on a team that has poor coaching or a coach that be-littles our de-motivates the the team, or consistentley makes poor judgments during the games, I'm out of there!!! I dont care what team it is, who's feelings get hurt...They grow too fast, and theres now time to be a part of something that is moving or DDs in the wrong direction..especially after private lessons, club fee's, traveling cost, etc..We are investing time and money in our kids future, think of them first..are they happy? Do they respect their coach? can they learn from their coach? Everyone's so caught up in loyalties..where will they be next season, next year, college....players come and go...The right coach makes teams play for them based on their knowledge, and commitment to make them better players. They wont follow a yeller, a punisher, or a bully..they're girls.


You're right, they will be grown up before you know it, so dont waste your time trying to teach "life" skills like honoring your commitments. Dont teach them to be a part of a team. Dont teach them how to face adversity. Teach them how to quit. Just so long as they become top notch ball players. Then you can sit back in that new house that your dd will buy you when she cashes her first million dollar check from her first pro fastpitch team! :roll:
Who needs life skills when your dd is gonna be rich from playing Softball! Keep quiting teams, then quit schools, then quit jobs, then quit husbands. Now THATS a great lesson. Always look out for number one! :o
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

by iceberg » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:30 pm

At least someone is keeping it real!
iceberg
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:54 pm

by gripnrip » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:53 pm

Hey "Ace".... Not smart enough to understand the post huh? As parents its our job to steer or DDs in the right direction. She has had plenty of time to do the whole "team" thing. At what point do you think about her? Why did you leave your rec team? To better your DDs playing ability right? Why did'nt you just stay with them....how dare you teach her to quit on a team...come on now! See how far that would have taken her...show her to follow everyone else regardless of the situation...now thats life skills. I'm not sure what level your DDs at but someday you will understand. I never did any of this to benifit myself you idiot! I did it so she could have a chance to make her high school team and maybe have a chance at a scholarship. People like you are the reason why I wrote the post to begain with...Think you know it all but have no idea about the other side of the story...just black and white.
Sounds like someone broke your heart Ace, alot of negativity. Try www.match.com
gripnrip
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 pm

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:32 am

...I'm begaining to smell a rat ... :o
troll 3.jpg
troll 3.jpg (3.39 KiB) Viewed 5348 times
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

by Coach11 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:32 am

gripnrip wrote:I dont care what the situation is, what loyalties your supposed to have. For most of us we have one chance to get this right, to put our DDs in a situation that will raise they're level of playing ability, knowledge of the game, and leadership. So many of you have talked about Power Surge and Fire Crackers...You know why there such a good organization? You know why they're so successful? because they have good coaches that know the game, and more importantly know how to train and interact with GIRLS!!!!! If I made a mistake by putting my DD on a team that has poor coaching or a coach that be-littles our de-motivates the the team, or consistentley makes poor judgments during the games, I'm out of there!!! I dont care what team it is, who's feelings get hurt...They grow too fast, and theres now time to be a part of something that is moving or DDs in the wrong direction..especially after private lessons, club fee's, traveling cost, etc..We are investing time and money in our kids future, think of them first..are they happy? Do they respect their coach? can they learn from their coach? Everyone's so caught up in loyalties..where will they be next season, next year, college....players come and go...The right coach makes teams play for them based on their knowledge, and commitment to make them better players. They wont follow a yeller, a punisher, or a bully..they're girls.


Maybe if you did your parenting job properly, you wouldn't have placed her on a team so horrendous it requires leaving midseason?

No one said you commit to a team for life.

But even if you signed her up for a rec league team, be adult enough to make sure she sees THAT commitment through.
Coach11
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 am

by Ace » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:30 am

gripnrip wrote:Hey "Ace".... Not smart enough to understand the post huh? As parents its our job to steer or DDs in the right direction. She has had plenty of time to do the whole "team" thing. At what point do you think about her? Why did you leave your rec team? To better your DDs playing ability right? Why did'nt you just stay with them....how dare you teach her to quit on a team...come on now! See how far that would have taken her...show her to follow everyone else regardless of the situation...now thats life skills. I'm not sure what level your DDs at but someday you will understand. I never did any of this to benifit myself you idiot! I did it so she could have a chance to make her high school team and maybe have a chance at a scholarship. People like you are the reason why I wrote the post to begain with...Think you know it all but have no idea about the other side of the story...just black and white.
Sounds like someone broke your heart Ace, alot of negativity. Try http://www.match.com


Your're right grip, I AM an Idiot. You wont get an argument from me on that one. You just keep collecting jerseys pal. Keep teaching your DD that the grass is greener somewhere else, and I'll keep doing what I say, and saying what I do. You see, thats a LIFE lesson I learned when I was a kid.
And btw, I left rec AFTER the season. I didnt even have a child in the league, but a whole bunch of players left at the same time and wanted to play travel. Case closed. As for my heart being broken, you're right again. I clicked your link and got a few dates, thanks. I can tell what you do in your private time, GRIPnRIP.
I'm just saying..
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions