I've only got one spoiled rotten DD - 12U.
After reading this, I'm convinced I need to go ask mamma if we can make more babies......I don't ever want to stop watching my kid play ball!!!!
MoeFoes wrote: I am so proud of all my DD's. 12U, 10U, & 8u. We have started a tradition. After pitching practice my 8U & 10U walk up to me and put the last ball in the bucket and say "I love you daddy". Hugs and a kiss on the cheek follow.....
ArmChairCoach wrote:MoeFoes wrote: I am so proud of all my DD's. 12U, 10U, & 8u. We have started a tradition. After pitching practice my 8U & 10U walk up to me and put the last ball in the bucket and say "I love you daddy". Hugs and a kiss on the cheek follow.....
After reading this thread, if anyone mentions the song Butterfly Kisses, I will lose it.
MoeFoe - great words, I hope all the parents of all ages really read into your post and see the spirit in which I believe you wrote it. I know through my DDs first 3 years of fastpitch, I was so hard on her. She was such a good player I wanted to even push her harder. Don't get me wrong, I always praised her for the good things, but I admit I may have been too hard on her. Of course I went from High School age boys baseball to 8U girls fastpitch. Wow! That was a tough transition. Finally, another coach told me to let up a little on my DD and she would become even a better player. I'm glad I listened. The past 2 years, I have been able to enjoy the good and cope with the bad much more than in the past. It now irks me up to walk between fields and hear coaches and/or parents blasting their kid from the fence - only because I know (from experience) what they are missing out on. MoeFoe and others - again.... great words and I hope others take this to heart.
I've heard it so many places... "Boys have to play good to feel good.... Girls have to feel good to play good." So true...
humm... hummmmmm.... "There's two things I know for sure..... she was sent here from Heaven and she's daddy's little girl"....
geterdone wrote: Art- truce?


3Bsnag wrote: For all you new empty-nesters or less-nesters, how far away (driving hours) are your kids going to school?

artomatic wrote:geterdone wrote: Art- truce?
would love that...life is too short...