by Iluvblue » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:27 am
People leave jobs when a better offer comes around all the time. It isnt exactly the same, but a situation presents itself, and you take it.
In my case, a 2nd year 14u player was wooed(not sure if I spelled that correctly) by one of the top Gold programs in our area. Even though I personally feel it was a mistake, how can I possibly get upset with the parents? When the father came to me to tell me his daughter would be returning in the Spring, he meant it. But in the next few months things changed, and they made a very difficult call to leave. I later received an email from the mother and she said she could not call me because she knew she would break down and get emotional. I respect this family a great deal, and in no way are they liars or cheats.
2 years later we can all still get together at softball functions and have a great time together. That is one of the things that makes this sport great, the relationships we create through this sport.
I would hate to have some of your(nobody in particular) attitude and walk by them and give them a nasty look because they left. they left, big deal. There are always more players to show up and coach, life goes on. You can choose for life to go on and be nasty about this kids game, or you can get over it and move on.
It is just not a big deal to me.