Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Funniest Things Heard on the Softball Field

What's on your mind?

by Busted Shins » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:56 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:Okay I lied ... one more ... I knew a girl whose name was Hope Leslie Gross ( say it quick ) ... It's true but she wasn't ...


Didn't hear it on the field, but I remember a girl named Elizabeth who went by Izzy. When you put it with her last name, sometimes it came out "Easy Wiggle." :o Seems there was some truth to that ... :oops:

Funniest thing I heard on the field was the coach going off when his batter went yard over the 250 marker in CF. Seems the runner on 2B was off before the pitch. I don't know where the blue was looking. :lol:
Busted Shins

"Judgment should be more of a Burden of Responsibility and less of a Shield of Authority behind which bad decisions can be hidden."
Busted Shins
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:42 am
Location: So Cal

by Clean_up » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:24 pm

8U All Stars a few years back, catcher gets down into position and lets one RIP, so loud that the umpire and everyone in the stands had to cover their mouths from the laughter! We teased her a bit later with "Did you hear that duck? Sounded like someone stomped on it!" It was pretty funny... :lol:
User avatar
Clean_up
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:10 am

by ECSB » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:58 pm

We used to have a lawyer at our place called John Dickoff. We have a maintenance man named Larry Rumplick. I always wondered what would happen if they had kids that got married and hyphenated their names - Hi, My name is Candy Dickoff-Rumplick.
ECSB
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:01 am

by fastpitch7 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:50 am

of course not on the softball field, but

I had a gym teacher named Harry Johnson
fastpitch7
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:35 pm

by Dropn N » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:53 am

I was at the airport last night and I heard someone being paged by the name of Harry Seaward.
User avatar
Dropn N
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:44 am

by Pridefpsb17 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:55 pm

Blue is calling strikes from waist to top of helmet. But he is being pretty consistent for both sides. Scorekeeper is sitting a little to close and just groans a little to loud on a very high strike.

Ump: I'll call the strikes, you just keep the score.
Scorekeeper: groan.
Ump: Are you saying that my strike zone is bad, the strike zone is from the top of the knees to the shoulders.
Scorekeeper: groan.
Ump: Are you saying that I am bush league?
Scorekeeper: No your not bush league, your not that good. . .

This poor ole ump also lost the count several times during the THREE TIMES we had the guy behind the plate. Before the exchange above he kept asking scorekeeper for help with the count!

Don't even get me started on his interpretation of ground-rule-double, and two base award. :lol:
“Well-behaved women rarely make history” -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"I just want you to be happy, as long as it is on my terms" -Martha Stewart
User avatar
Pridefpsb17
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:14 am

by Coach11 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Girls are loosening up before practice. I'm doing my usual stroll around stopping and making small talk with each of them (seeing where their heads are at for the day). Stop and talk to one of my "more colorful" players. Shoulder length chestnut brown hair.....except for the ponytail, which she has dyed blue.

So I ask her...."What's with the blue hair?"

Looks me dead in the eye..."They were outta red".
Coach11
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 am

by xxxYerOut » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:07 pm

From a local Nor*Cal Coach doing their own version of "A ball". Left handed hitter coming up (pretty big stick), we tell the coach "she's a dead pull hitter". Coach turns to his outfield and swings them toward left field.. No coach, "pull hitter".. He turns back to us, half shields with his body and one hand with thumb out now toward right field and asks "that way"??

Ugh.. We're not... "there" anymore..
User avatar
xxxYerOut
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:39 pm

by BonezMom » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:37 am

jofus wrote:I had a substitute teacher in high school with the name Harry Lipps. He told us (when asked) that his dad's name was Richard.....



Older sister went to school with a Richard "D**K" Lipps ....no lie.....
Too bad, so sad, bye bye
User avatar
BonezMom
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:48 pm

by coachEd » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:07 pm

In 2004 14u All Stars, my team was playing in a championship game, losing 9-4 in our final at-bat. As we come up to bat, one of my players stands up on the bench and starts singing "Ain't no mountain high enough". The whole team stands up on the bench and joins in, hand motions and all. The other team, while taking their warm-ups is dumbfounded and just staring into the dugout.

We scored 6 runs to walk-off with the championship 10-9. :o

True Story.
coachEd
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions