Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Hair Bows?

What's on your mind?

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:24 am

Maybe you can reinforce she'll have a better support system at home when he is deployed ... may your sons stay safe ... and even the idiot BF ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

by 3Bsnag » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:34 am

Wade, make sure she doesn't get hitched before he leaves- VERY common. I was permanently stationed overseas and when the new rotation of squadrons came in, we would pick several out and made bets on our version of the Newlywed Cheater Game. Average faithfullness = 2 weeks. In 3 years, there were less than 10 guys we knew of that didn't stray. Maybe she'll have it better for lack of options in Iraq.

As for bows/headbands here, it's all about the bows. Sparkly headbands are just there to jazz it up. Bow in the hair, bow on the back of the shirt, bow on the belt loop, and a bow on the bat bag. Sounds like my kid may be a homophobe now that I think about it.
3Bsnag
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:39 pm

by DonnieS » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:10 am

wadeintothem wrote:Both my sons are in the military and will be deploying soon (1 Air Force to iraq 1 Army to Afg) .. so I'm about at the end of my rope with that stuff.


Tough days coming for you - dont know about you but it took a while to 'get used' to the worry and I didnt always know where my kid was. One day it will be over for you like it is for me, I use the term 'get used' to it but the way I did it was I scheduled worrying for early in the day. I would go through in my mind the things that could be happen, I would do that for like 7:00 to 7:15 and then try to stay very focused on work and the other kids the rest of the day. If I drifted, I would remind myself I had already worried that day. During the times when I didnt know where she was, not that often and I would usually find out afterwards, I wrote a letter every day, when I thought I knew where she was, I still would write something, some days i would call the base just to hear her voice. Probably pretty annoying but too bad. Better than going nuts.
User avatar
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3694
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:27 pm

by Tucson » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:19 am

No. See, you are confused already. Bows and makeup are OK. (and headbands) I know when DD was a young teen, some moms used to make them hair bows in their school colors.

I have to avoid the rainbow colored ribbons, though - and I really like them. Sometimes they are attached to the bat bags.

And I notice (moo), we all are very accepting of others, but really hope that it isn't our DD that is gay. (And that is the term around here.)
User avatar
Tucson
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm

by 3Bsnag » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:39 am

There are two girls at my daughters middle school that are openly gay. Both kids walk to school regardless of weather, have no extra curricular activities, and none of us have ever seen their parents, at anything. Coincidence? I think not. These two have been screaming for attention since elementary school.

Oh that's right, they are born with it. :roll:
3Bsnag
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:39 pm

by wadeintothem » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:47 am

3Bsnag wrote:Wade, make sure she doesn't get hitched before he leaves- VERY common.


Thats the big worry. We just enrolled her in beauty college. Keep her busy and off he goes... The worry is preIraq/Afg, he'll be somewhere for a few years. One of my sons is in NM the other in WA but both have their deployment orders. So if she goes following him to where, that will suck.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
User avatar
wadeintothem
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:44 pm

by wadeintothem » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:55 am

Tucson wrote:No. See, you are confused already. Bows and makeup are OK. (and headbands) I know when DD was a young teen, some moms used to make them hair bows in their school colors.

I have to avoid the rainbow colored ribbons, though - and I really like them. Sometimes they are attached to the bat bags.

And I notice (moo), we all are very accepting of others, but really hope that it isn't our DD that is gay. (And that is the term around here.)


Rainbow is my DD's favorite "color" and she loves the fact that its been ursurped for another meaning.

Guess ya cant judge a book by the bow on its head.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
User avatar
wadeintothem
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:44 pm

by Blind Squirrel » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:00 am

3Bsnag wrote:There are two girls at my daughters middle school that are openly gay. Both kids walk to school regardless of weather, have no extra curricular activities, and none of us have ever seen their parents, at anything. Coincidence? I think not. These two have been screaming for attention since elementary school.

Oh that's right, they are born with it. :roll:


Tell the truth: You're a product of the public school system aren't you.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
User avatar
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:02 am

by 3Bsnag » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 am

Blind Squirrel wrote: Tell the truth: You're a product of the public school system aren't you.

John


Yes sir, and a yankee one at that.

Edit to add:
I don't believe all gays are products of poor parenting, I do think these two are. And really, I am not sure why I even shared that story in the first place. If this was the direction of your demeaning implication.
3Bsnag
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:39 pm

by 2bucketdad » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:20 am

How do you tell if they are switch hitters?
2bucketdad
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: VA

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions