It sounds like you are big on the premise "innocent until proven guilty". I think we all are, for the most part. Do you agree that OJ Simpson got off with the aid of good lawyers, a questionable jury, and that the prosecution could of done a better job? I think most people feel that way.
Yep, I agree that OJ was certainly involved, in some form or fashion. I also believe that in a rage of border line racism and rush to judgment the LA police department planted evidence which ironically was the reason he eventually was set free. So while yes the system doesn't work at all times, it is none the less our system, and in this case not following the rules of engagement cost the LA police department and the district attorneys office a chance to give justice to those families.
Yes, I know, murder and having sex with a minor isn't the same, but it's still a very serious concern in the softball community, where we all want to believe that our DD's are safe with their coach's. Facione got off with a combination of getting the best defense that money could buy and the prosecution not doing a great job. He wasn't found innocent, like OJ. Facione displays all the components of a person with very questionable judgment, morals and ethics.
Yes, I will admit, he was too close to his players , but does that fact alone make him automatically guilty of this crime?
He is a 37 year old man that likes to promote texting between his players and himself, not to tell him they will miss a practice, but to tell him about their life's problems.
Again this happens, his only mistake was allowing this young lady to visit his home, that is where he blew it. But players talk to their coaches all the time about things they cant bring up at home, nothing out of the ordinary about that.
He invites kids over to his house. He likes his players to pour out their problems to him. He wants to be their "daddies". Is this normal behavior for a softball coach?
No, that wouldn't be, but that is your opinion that he wants to do all those things, I don't believe I ever heard anyone say that he wants to be their daddies, that is your opinion of his actions. That may or not be his motivation, maybe he got caught up trying to be too much of the cool, hip, coach, and it bit him right in the rear.
He has girls in his room, takes a shower and walks out into the room with a towel around his waist???? Does this sound normal to you?
No, and if indeed this in fact happened in the manner that you state it, it was way over the line, and border line criminal. However, I don't believe we have any proof of this either, just hear say and accusations from people that may or may not have been there.
I really think all the TNL parents that support Facione are in denial. They just don't want to think they could make that big of a mistake, so they don't believe it. They stay in denial. Must be the TNL Kool Aid.
Or maybe they feel like they know this guy, and they know this young lady, and they have made a decision based on those relationships as to who they believe is more credible.