Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

TNL Coach Released - Mistrial Declared

What's on your mind?

by winginit » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 pm

ccrap wrote:Wheres softballjerk or winginit??? Did you haters change your screen names??



Hello CCRAP - I still feel the same way about this being a Sad /Scary Day in the San Diego Softball Community (mistake; the entire girls fastpitch community).


The following is what I posted to you months ago.

When I read the signon san diego article about the accused abuse, it sent shivers throughout me and a nerve was struck deep down inside me. My protective parental guard came up and I posted what I believed was the right thing to do for our softball community. I am very sad for all involved and pray for all individuals. I lean to the side of precaution for our daughters.

I am amazed how much I enjoy the game of fastpictch softball and all the wonderful times me and my family are having. Over the past few years I have been enjoying the eteamz boards and now Hey Bucket boards. I very rarely post, because I see how one gets easly bashed for any commet. I simply posted what was in the news and already public. My only comment is that it is a SAD/SCARY day in our SD softball community. AND it is. 1) I am now even more protective of my dd (driving her crazy) 2)we men need to be even more aware of how we coach our DD and other players.

If there is any positive news about this situation is we are talking about how we can protect our youths and are more aware that bad things do happen. I do pray the pain of all this helps our community become stronger. I also hope this really did not take place, because I have looked at TNL as one of the strongest organizations in SD and respected what Chris put together. I have no douubt, the coaches and families in the TNL organization will sort things out and continue to be successful.

I look forward to seeing you all on the fields,

Joe Procter
Softball Dad
winginit
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:19 pm

by Skarp » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:17 am

GDad wrote:
FPF1234 wrote:
Whether or not Facione is innocent, you guys are absolute fools for placing that kind of trust in him...and even worse fools for betting your kids on it.


Why if he is innocent?


It has been our choice, not yours. Live your life the way you choose.... not for me to judge how you parent or live your life and vice versa...

Malarkey!

I agree that you should generally be allowed to parent (and live your life) the way you choose, but that's a lot different than saying that I shouldn't pass judgment on it. Particularly if the negative consequences of your choices are externalized onto me and mine.

Call me intolerant, but I routinely pass judgment on (scorn), and discriminate against (shun), parents who habitually leave their kids unsupervised where kids ought not be left unsupervised. I consider it akin to maintaining an attractive nuisance (like an uncovered well or some such).

Nothing personal...just me living my life and parenting as I choose.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
User avatar
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:10 pm

by FPF1234 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:48 am

What if this young lady is LYING! I mean how in the world is so much creditability being given to this young lady who has proven to be untruthful about key elements from the start. Now the hanging at this guy’s house, and all the leisure time spent with these girls if the parents didn’t have a problem with it and trusted this guy so be it. Me personally, NO, I would not want my kid spending that kind of time with the coach in such a manner, but that is me. You can disagree with that aspect of the situation and I would be right with you, but you do not have to condemn this man or automatically assume he abused anyone without a shred of proof. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ALL YOU HAVE IS THE WORD OF TWO INDIVIDUALS, what we do know is this young lady changed her story many times, lied on the stand and too the detectives, and had no explanation for being miles away from the scene of the crime when she claimed that it actually happened, bottom line is all you have is the word of a proven liar, and you are running with it. Amazing, this guy set himself up for this that is for sure it just surprises me that it is not even being considered that this young lady could have possibly LIED, and did so for her own vindictive reasons what ever those may be.
FPF1234
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am

by jofus » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:30 am

Whether she lied or not (and I can quite easily believe that she is lying, I have known of instances in the past with girls that age trying similar stuff), it still seems that there was some questionable behavior IMHO. Illegal? Maybe not, but definitely improper.
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
User avatar
jofus
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:01 am

by Sam » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:31 am

Excuse me, Falcione supporters......Jonestown called.....they want their Kool Aid back....
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by FPF1234 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:06 am

Whether she lied or not (and I can quite easily believe that she is lying, I have known of instances in the past with girls that age trying similar stuff), it still seems that there was some questionable behavior IMHO. Illegal? Maybe not, but definitely improper
.

Hmmm, can’t argue you that one, great point. I don’t like all the condemnation on this board of this young man calling him all these nasty things with absolutely no proof, but I can not argue that I believe his relationship with all his players to be border line improper in a professional sense. I have coached many years, still coaching actually, and I have counseled for the same, and a professional relationship must be maintained at all times even when coaching, this guy did not do that, and therefore I have to admit that you have a point. Now is he a molester because of it, is he a rapist, is he predator, I have no proof that he is any of those things, but what is clear and evident is that he failed to establish and maintain a professional operating space between he and his players, and for that mistake he is getting what he is getting.
FPF1234
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am

by Sam » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:16 am

FPF1234 wrote:
Whether she lied or not (and I can quite easily believe that she is lying, I have known of instances in the past with girls that age trying similar stuff), it still seems that there was some questionable behavior IMHO. Illegal? Maybe not, but definitely improper
.

Hmmm, can’t argue you that one, great point. I don’t like all the condemnation on this board of this young man calling him all these nasty things with absolutely no proof, but I can not argue that I believe his relationship with all his players to be border line improper in a professional sense. I have coached many years, still coaching actually, and I have counseled for the same, and a professional relationship must be maintained at all times even when coaching, this guy did not do that, and therefore I have to admit that you have a point. Now is he a molester because of it, is he a rapist, is he predator, I have no proof that he is any of those things, but what is clear and evident is that he failed to establish and maintain a professional operating space between he and his players, and for that mistake he is getting what he is getting.


4 jurors voted guilty....and 8 said there was reasonable doubt....considering absolutely no proof....gosh....imagine if they had some questionable proof....

Exactly what proof do you guys want that the judge wouldn't throw out as prejudicial???? DNA...video.....a witness????? The fact is that the judge tossed the only cooberating evidence....the actual text in the text messages the young lady saved.....

You guys are real big on believing this young lady lied....so that she can be excoriated by a defense attorney and the media....what if she is telling the truth and your DD's are the ones who are lying about their relationship with Falcione? What if your DD's were doing the deed with the coach and are afraid to tell the truth about it......
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by artomatic » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:27 am

Sam wrote:Excuse me, Falcione supporters......Jonestown called.....they want their Kool Aid back....


*sigh*....guess no one made the connection to the pic i posted a few pages back of the new nikes...I'll dumb it down a little:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(cult)
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
User avatar
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:41 pm
Location: Nearest Ogggi's

by FPF1234 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:37 am

4 jurors voted guilty....and 8 said there was reasonable doubt....considering absolutely no proof....gosh....imagine if they had some questionable proof....


How do you know what these 8 jurors said, they could have very well voted, not guilty because they believed he was innocent, that is a possibility. And they did not have any proof, if they did, believe me there is no way a judge throws the case out when you have a minor claiming to have been duped into having sex by her coach.

Exactly what proof do you guys want that the judge wouldn't throw out as prejudicial???? DNA...video.....a witness????? The fact is that the judge tossed the only cooberating evidence....the actual text in the text messages the young lady saved.....


Well Sam, that is how you convict people in this country, you don’t convict them on flimsy circumstantial evidence that is how innocent people end up in jail for 20 years. And why do you keep indicating that there was actual text to these messages, from everything I have heard on this board there was no actual text that could be recovered. Now if the judge did throw out actual text it was because the prosecution could not prove that the text in hand was actually sent and received by the parties involved, or was not sent in error.

You guys are real big on believing this young lady lied....so that she can be excoriated by a defense attorney and the media....what if she is telling the truth and your DD's are the ones who are lying about their relationship with Falcione? What if your DD's were doing the deed with the coach and are afraid to tell the truth about it......


A whole team of girls doing the coach? Past players a like? So you are suggesting that about a 100 or so players over the years are all lying and covering up the fact that this coach is a predator who is in the business of sleeping with his players? Is that more likely, or is it more likely that this one chick is lying, and got caught up in a situation that snowballed to quickly for her to control? And it is not that people want to believe she lied, SHE LIED, that is actual fact on record, she was not completely truthful in her relaying of the information associated with this case. Now that alone does not clear the coach of any wrong doing, but it certainly buys him the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise.
FPF1234
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am

by mabuka » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:55 am

There are a lot of people involved in this entire issue, if you LOVE GOD, we are not to judge. I will continue to pray for the coaches, players and parents of not only TNL but the entire softball community that is my prayer today that everyone will find peace and strength to get through these difficult times and also to pray for the people that are affected by this issue that are in the softball community. We can all sit here and say what you would do or wouldn't do or what you would allow and wouldn't allow or how you would handle something or not but again We as GOD followers are not to judge. May GOD keep you all today. Here is a piece of Daily Bread to remind you how you are truly blessed that GOD woke you up today, http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb.shtml.
mabuka
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions