Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

TNL Coach Released - Mistrial Declared

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:32 am

jed23 wrote:Sam,
I did have a daughter on TNL, but now she is a freshman in college. Yes, I'm married.
And no, I personally wouldn't invite this troubled young lady to my house alone or anytime. I have actually known this young lady since she was 8 years old and coached her in rec. and not once did the detective(s) ever contact me!! I don't agree with CF inviting her to his house, even though his roommates were home, and now he has to pay a very valuable lesson.

Jerry


Why, exactly, would a detective contact you? What could you possibly bring to the party?

OBTW: I hope the "troubled young lady" you are referring to is your example of the temporary runaway....that's who I was referring to....
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:34 am

FPF1234 wrote:And 8 others said he didn't, so what is your point, I mean is it completely unfathomable that these 4 individuals had it wrong? Or where bias? I mean if the evidence was that clear cut, and it was as obvious as it is on this board that he is guilty then why in the world couldn't they convict the man? 8 other people thought he was not proved to be guilty; you fail to ever mention that. Again bad judgement, no doubt, but I have not seen or heard of any other peice of information that makes him guilty of anything other than that at this point.


No they didn't....they said there was reasonable doubt based upon the evidence submitted. I'll bet they think he did it, but the judge didn't allow them to see all the evidence available.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by FPF1234 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 am

Wow, lots of assumptions there for someone who was not there and certainly has no idea what exactly these folks where thinking or saying. You could be completely inaccurate in your assumption which would be a real sin wouldn't it sense according to you and the rest of this board this young man is in need of castration. Amazing, that you can be ok with making such assumptions with so little information, you have no idea what these text messages actually said, or what actually happened for that matter, all you have is the word of two individuals, but yet you still give this young lady the benefit of the doubt where you are willing to give this young man none. Like she is incapable of lying or manipulating the situation for her own reasons, but completely ok with accepting the fact that this guy is a liar, a pervert, and a child molester who has sex with his players. Again....Wow.....
FPF1234
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am

by jed23 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:45 am

Sam,
I did think you were talking about the alleged victim, not the runaway.
jed23
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:43 pm

by Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:49 am

jed23 wrote:Sam,
I did think you were talking about the alleged victim, not the runaway.


I don't know the victim, so I wouldn't know if she was troubled....I would say that he is more troubled than she.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:50 am

FPF1234 wrote:I can tell you that as a counselor I learned of a tons of things before parents did... so yeah it is not outside the realm of possibility and actually occurs quite a bit or at least it did at the school I worked at. Now I will admit to this, what did not occur is me ever inviting any of my students over to my home, period.


You were/are a counselor; your job is at a school. (I thank all of you guys for your endless work by the way!!!) You will not give your personal phone or e-mails out. It will all be done on campus. Do I think that some kids will go to their counselor for issues like that, YES!!! But they have had training in these types of situations. I would think even a degree. Now, you can run into the same problems at a school, but I am sure you would not put yourself into that predicament.

I'm glad you can see that coaches can not and should not put themselves into that situation or they will have to suffer the consequences.
Sftbll4ever
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:27 am

by FPF1234 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:06 pm

You were/are a counselor; your job is at a school. (I thank all of you guys for your endless work by the way!!!) You will not give your personal phone or e-mails out.


No way! Absolutely not, this is the first rule; maintain a professional connection at all times, 0 tolerance for anything else.

It will all be done on campus
.

Again, absolutely, but this is a counselors role, but again I have to agree this coach should have talked or mentored this individual at the ball field, or at a ice cream joint..etc


Do I think that some kids will go to their counselor for issues like that, YES!!! But they have had training in these types of situations. I would think even a degree. Now, you can run into the same problems at a school, but I am sure you would not put yourself into that predicament.


Great point, when I got my education there was a whole course (ethics) devoted to these types of issues on what was appropriate and what wasn’t in your role as a counselor. Maybe a class and a certification process for coaches that is mandatory to coach would be a good idea for ASA to look into. Maybe this young man would have known that what he was doing was career suicide even if his intentions where noble.

I'm glad you can see that coaches can not and should not put themselves into that situation or they will have to suffer the consequences
.

No argument their my friend, he is most definitely guilty as sin when it comes to not maintaining a professional connection and crossing a line that as a counselor, coach, or administrator he should have known not to cross, again, he is most definitely guilty of poor judgment
FPF1234
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am

by GDad » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Jitterbug wrote:Did I just read that a parent said they had no problem and still do not have a problem with their 16/17 year at the time and now a senior in college discussing personal situations with a softball coach. I know many parents require their children's teachers to be their parent and raise them but now they are allowing thier children to go to a softball coach to be a parent. Maybe I am getting to old but parenting is parenting not being your child's best friend. Using the excuse that kids do not talk with their parents is a lame excuse and requires some further discussion as to why parents do not really want to take the responsibility of being parents and permit outside people to raise their kids. Especially a 37 year old man who has no girlfriend.


The TNL organization is like an extended family. And the coach is very close to many of the players - especially the older players who played all the way from 12U or 14U through 18 Gold and are now playing in college. The coach is friends with many of their college coaches, accompanied some of the players on recruiting trips, etc.

I am not saying this is the best scenario for other players or parents, but for our extended TNL family, it has been a environment that we have accepted, enjoyed and promoted.

And, yes, parenting is parenting. But, you have to agree that girls in the 15-18 year range go through a lot of difficult phases with playing, school, friends, family, etc. I bet there are plenty of things your daughter has not discussed with you, but has discussed with a close friend.

Our coach is a close friend to many of the players and parents. Simple as that. If he had been pulling shit with the players that was out of bounds and inappropriate, we would have eventually found out about it.

Again, I sat through every day of his trial. The victim was caught in numerous lies during her testimony, the Police Detective did a sloppy and cursory investigation and the DA's office should have never brought the case to trial. Doesn't the fact that the Deputy DA came to the defense after the FIRST witness - the Police Detective - and offered a plea bargain knocking the two felony counts down to a misdemeanor - indicate how weak the evidence in their case was?
GDad
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:15 pm

by Fasterpitch » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:44 pm

This post is going in a circle.

If you are about to reply, just start over at #1. It has already been said 10 times.

He is guilty?
He is Not guilty?

Girl is telling the truth?
Girl is not telling to truth?

Text messages......



Like I said....Start over at #1
User avatar
Fasterpitch
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:07 pm

by Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:57 pm

GDad wrote:
Jitterbug wrote:Did I just read that a parent said they had no problem and still do not have a problem with their 16/17 year at the time and now a senior in college discussing personal situations with a softball coach. I know many parents require their children's teachers to be their parent and raise them but now they are allowing thier children to go to a softball coach to be a parent. Maybe I am getting to old but parenting is parenting not being your child's best friend. Using the excuse that kids do not talk with their parents is a lame excuse and requires some further discussion as to why parents do not really want to take the responsibility of being parents and permit outside people to raise their kids. Especially a 37 year old man who has no girlfriend.


The TNL organization is like an extended family. And the coach is very close to many of the players - especially the older players who played all the way from 12U or 14U through 18 Gold and are now playing in college. The coach is friends with many of their college coaches, accompanied some of the players on recruiting trips, etc.

I am not saying this is the best scenario for other players or parents, but for our extended TNL family, it has been a environment that we have accepted, enjoyed and promoted.

And, yes, parenting is parenting. But, you have to agree that girls in the 15-18 year range go through a lot of difficult phases with playing, school, friends, family, etc. I bet there are plenty of things your daughter has not discussed with you, but has discussed with a close friend.

Our coach is a close friend to many of the players and parents. Simple as that. If he had been pulling shit with the players that was out of bounds and inappropriate, we would have eventually found out about it.
Again, I sat through every day of his trial. The victim was caught in numerous lies during her testimony, the Police Detective did a sloppy and cursory investigation and the DA's office should have never brought the case to trial. Doesn't the fact that the Deputy DA came to the defense after the FIRST witness - the Police Detective - and offered a plea bargain knocking the two felony counts down to a misdemeanor - indicate how weak the evidence in their case was?


He was pulling stuff with his players, but you guys are apparently too stubborn or too stupid to realize it. Four of the jurors voted to convict even after hearing this weak evidence.

Did you see the text messages that were thrown out? The judge threw out the heart of the case for the prosecution.

The fact is that you refuse to even consider any negative influence against Falcione.

Nobody answered my question about a 37 year old single man without a girlfriend who opens up his home to 17 year old girls.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions

cron