Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

TNL Coach Released - Mistrial Declared

What's on your mind?

by peon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:48 am

all the facts were in the newspaper before the trial. if you can't trust the newspaper, who can you trust.
no hanging today, dang it.
peon
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:08 pm

by Jitterbug » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:53 am

Did I just read that a parent said they had no problem and still do not have a problem with their 16/17 year at the time and now a senior in college discussing personal situations with a softball coach. I know many parents require their children's teachers to be their parent and raise them but now they are allowing thier children to go to a softball coach to be a parent. Maybe I am getting to old but parenting is parenting not being your child's best friend. Using the excuse that kids do not talk with their parents is a lame excuse and requires some further discussion as to why parents do not really want to take the responsibility of being parents and permit outside people to raise their kids. Especially a 37 year old man who has no girlfriend.
Jitterbug
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 9:45 am

by jofus » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:55 am

I know of some guys around that age that aren't married and don't have girlfriends, but I don't think you have to worry about them being around your DDs :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
User avatar
jofus
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:01 am

by hanico » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:00 am

Sam wrote:GDad,

You are describing a phenomena uniquie to Mr. Falcione. Nobody else does this....in fact...we do the exact opposite. We don't allow ourselves to be alone with a player.

Why doesn't a 37 year old, good looking, athletic man have a girlfriend?


He does have a girl friend, he calls her his team, no not double team

You people are so blind, " he was so nice to my Daughter he would never do that" ya right

First they are coaches, then they earn trust, then they earn friendship, then they get a little bit more than what they bargained for.

I don't want to see him hanging out at any park that my kid is playing at
hanico
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 5:46 pm

by jed23 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:15 am

Sam and whoever else,
I don't understand why it's so hard for you to believe that the girls in our organization wouldn't contact us coaches if they had a problem. About 3 months ago we had a girl on our
16 team that ran away from home, I was the first person she called. I asked her to tell me what happened, told her everything would be ok and convinced her to go back home. When I got off the phone with her, I immediately called her parents and told them their daughter was fine, she just needed to blow off some steam and she would be home shortly. That is just one example of many that no one hears about. Our organization is a true family and we care about everyone in it. You people can say we drink the kool aid but we understand what these kids go through in growing up, the pressures their parents put on them, peer pressures from school. We give them an outlet and a friend, not just a coach. It’s not just about softball, it’s about life in general. You can continue to hate but we aren’t going anywhere.

We are TNL

Jerry Delamater
jed23
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:43 pm

by Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:38 am

jed23 wrote:Sam and whoever else,
I don't understand why it's so hard for you to believe that the girls in our organization wouldn't contact us coaches if they had a problem. About 3 months ago we had a girl on our
16 team that ran away from home, I was the first person she called. I asked her to tell me what happened, told her everything would be ok and convinced her to go back home. When I got off the phone with her, I immediately called her parents and told them their daughter was fine, she just needed to blow off some steam and she would be home shortly. That is just one example of many that no one hears about. Our organization is a true family and we care about everyone in it. You people can say we drink the kool aid but we understand what these kids go through in growing up, the pressures their parents put on them, peer pressures from school. We give them an outlet and a friend, not just a coach. It’s not just about softball, it’s about life in general. You can continue to hate but we aren’t going anywhere.

We are TNL

Jerry Delamater


Jerry,

You might want to change your mode of operations....also...I'm pretty sure you have a DD on the team...and you either are or were married. You can be TNL, TNA or whomever you want to be....you are a coach....would you invite this troubled young lady to your home alone??? or would you make sure your wife or DD was there????

If you guys back up this guy's behavior, you are dooming your organization.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by jed23 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:04 am

Sam,
I did have a daughter on TNL, but now she is a freshman in college. Yes, I'm married.
And no, I personally wouldn't invite this troubled young lady to my house alone or anytime. I have actually known this young lady since she was 8 years old and coached her in rec. and not once did the detective(s) ever contact me!! I don't agree with CF inviting her to his house, even though his roommates were home, and now he has to pay a very valuable lesson.

Jerry
jed23
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:43 pm

by FPF1234 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:22 am

Exactly where do you believe I said the boyfriend cared about his girlfriend's personal problems or even actually listened. I said that is who she will tell....do you actually think she would tell a softball coach first????


Sure, depending on the relationship, that happens quite a bit. I can tell you that as a counselor I learned of a tons of things before parents did, it was hard for little Suzy to go home and tell daddy that the apple of his eye has a STD, or is pregnant, especially when he "knows" his little girl doesn't do those types of things..... ;) Believe it or not, in allot of cases it is real tough for kids to approach their parents about certain issues, especially if there is a big gap in age, so yeah it is not outside the realm of possibility and actually occurs quite a bit or at least it did at the school I worked at. Now I will admit to this, what did not occur is me ever inviting any of my students over to my home, period. Or any where else for that matter, that was a very poor moment in judgment for this young man, one I have to admit, he should have known better than to allow to happen. As a coach, counselor, whatever, if you are going to have a function with the children it is conducted with the team, if you are mentoring or talking of something personal then you do it after practice at a coffee shop or something, not at your house. Having said that, still only makes him guilty of bad judgment until proven otherwise.
Last edited by FPF1234 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
FPF1234
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am

by Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:26 am

FPF1234 wrote:
Exactly where do you believe I said the boyfriend cared about his girlfriend's personal problems or even actually listened. I said that is who she will tell....do you actually think she would tell a softball coach first????


Sure, depending on the relationship, that happens quite a bit. I can tell you that as a counselor I learned of a tons of things before parents did, it was hard for little Suzy q to go home and tell daddy that the apple of his eye has a STD, or is pregnant, especially when he "knows" his little girl doesn't do those types of things..... ;) Believe it or not, in allot of cases it is real tough for kids to approach their parents about certain issues, especially if there is a big gap in age, so yeah it is not outside the realm of possibility and actually occurs quite a bit or at least it did at the school I worked at. Now I will admit to this, what did not occur is me every inviting any of my students over to my home alone, or any where else for that matter, that was a very poor moment in judgment for this young man, one I have to admit, he should have known better than to allow to happen. Having said that, still only makes him guilty of bad judgment until proven otherwise.[/quote]

...and 4 people, after seeing only some the available evidence, still believe that he had sex with that young lady. The judge decided the fate of this case when the text messages were thrown out.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by FPF1234 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:31 am

And 8 others said he didn't, so what is your point, I mean is it completely unfathomable that these 4 individuals had it wrong? Or where bias? I mean if the evidence was that clear cut, and it was as obvious as it is on this board that he is guilty then why in the world couldn't they convict the man? 8 other people thought he was not proved to be guilty; you fail to ever mention that. Again bad judgement, no doubt, but I have not seen or heard of any other peice of information that makes him guilty of anything other than that at this point.
FPF1234
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions