Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Good examples of skill videos for college recruitment

What's on your mind?

by as the world turns » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:09 am

Hot Stove League wrote:Thanks everyone for the PM's and the suggestions on videos. I will get my DD's video done before and during the high school season. Unfortunately, while searching YouTube, I've seen more bad videos than good. One thing I have learned, if your daughter is not ready skills wise, don't make a skills video. You don't want to assist the college coach in eliminating your daughter. There were many videos that were shared with me that looked good. I also found some by doing YouTube searches, I’ll share a couple that I think were done well and were different. I will share more as I find them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylOs_sPVoLg

http://youtu.be/_ZL6mrg1-mw



Those were pretty good.

How about posting some of the bad of the bad videos you have seen. I am sure those would be interesting.
Last edited by as the world turns on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
User avatar
as the world turns
 
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:54 am

by PlayingfortheOCB » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:57 am

Hot stove.... not sure if JMO (Bret D) is still doing skills videos for kids.... I know in the past he has done several for the Travel Ball Kids... if not, I am sure he could point you in the right direction and give some sound advice/opinion.

We, personally, never did a skills video but DD was blessed to play on some good teams and we were very active in sending out her player profile, game schedules for upcoming tournaments and played in the big showcase recruiting tournaments.... where she did her part.

Good luck and Best Wishes!

MikeD
PlayingfortheOCB
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:24 pm

by Hot Stove League » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks PlayingfortheOCB for the tips and advice.
Hot Stove League
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:53 am

by Hot Stove League » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:57 pm

as the world turns wrote:
Hot Stove League wrote:Thanks everyone for the PM's and the suggestions on videos. I will get my DD's video done before and during the high school season. Unfortunately, while searching YouTube, I've seen more bad videos than good. One thing I have learned, if your daughter is not ready skills wise, don't make a skills video. You don't want to assist the college coach in eliminating your daughter. There were many videos that were shared with me that looked good. I also found some by doing YouTube searches, I’ll share a couple that I think were done well and were different. I will share more as I find them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylOs_sPVoLg

http://youtu.be/_ZL6mrg1-mw



Those were pretty good.

How about posting some of the bad of the bad videos you have seen. I am sure those would be interesting.

I will only post the good ones. ;)
Hot Stove League
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:53 am

by Hot Stove League » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:28 am

Is there a trick on getting hits on youtube videos? This one has 322,000 hits. It seems like alot for a softball video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7D0IPHRdg0
Hot Stove League
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:53 am

by Tucson » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:49 am

I don't know how she got so many looks, but her video comes up a lot when I am searching various softball topics. I wish people would take them down, after a few years.

My advice to people on their videos is to have someone review the product before it is finished and looked for improper form. With some videos, I would move on after 10 seconds.
User avatar
Tucson
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm

by GO4GOLD » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:03 am

A little different but did the job.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46zq4XktGwA
GO4GOLD
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:53 am

by Hot Stove League » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:20 pm

GO4GOLD wrote:A little different but did the job.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46zq4XktGwA

Simple and to the point, I like it.


Keep sending them in, I think everybody likes getting ideas from them. PM them to me if you don't want to post them yourself like a few people have done.
Hot Stove League
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:53 am

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions