Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

California Girls coming East

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by jonriv » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:05 am

Brought my DD up to school(early, she has a job in the eqip room) Her coach was telling us that they have a whole bunch of recruit interest from girls from California. The coach said that it seems to be a trend with many of the smaller DIII schools in both the NEWMAC and NESCAC- the coach was not sure why?

Are California players discovering DIII and smaller top-notch New England schools?

Are these girls late in the recruiting game that missed the wave of Early commits?

Had Tufts success in the DIII championships brought attention to the area?

Just curious if anyone has heard anything?
jonriv

by Fastpitch4Life » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:02 am

jonriv wrote:Brought my DD up to school(early, she has a job in the eqip room) Her coach was telling us that they have a whole bunch of recruit interest from girls from California. The coach said that it seems to be a trend with many of the smaller DIII schools in both the NEWMAC and NESCAC- the coach was not sure why?

Are California players discovering DIII and smaller top-notch New England schools?

Are these girls late in the recruiting game that missed the wave of Early commits?

It's the chowda and the excellent education! Have those California girls seen a New England winter?!? Could be all three of your propositions, hopefully this trend continues speaking as a So Cal softball dad.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:13 am

Wintas are wicked cold, but the chowda is wicked good :D
jonriv

by PDad » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:22 pm

jonriv wrote:Brought my DD up to school(early, she has a job in the eqip room) Her coach was telling us that they have a whole bunch of recruit interest from girls from California. The coach said that it seems to be a trend with many of the smaller DIII schools in both the NEWMAC and NESCAC- the coach was not sure why?

C'mon, JR. It's all due to your posts on here along with those of your high-academic cohorts. It's a good thing, so take a bow.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Primus Sports » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:38 pm

My 18u team made 5 trips to east coast Showcases and Camps within the last year. Pennsbury, New England's Finest, Team New Jersey, D9, Summer Scorcher. And those trips have paid off handsomely. Both in recruiting and with the relationships that we have forged with the Travel Coaches and College Coaches.

Most of my kids are all high academic and my entire roster consists of kids who want to go to school back east east.

We have targeted the smarty schools from the Ivy's to all the top D 3's in New England. All of our kids are athletic and well trained. We've also hosted many of the Coaches from the Academic schools at camps and Clinics in our facility is So Cal.

I want to brag a bit and say that my kids and Coaches have turned the heads of these East Coast Schools. We fly under the radar here in So Cal because we spend all of our Showcase time back east.Nobody knows who we are out here, but all of my 2015's are committed and our 2016's and 2017 are all being recruited by very good schools on the east coast.

We believe in the education and softball programs on the east coast and so far the Coaches of those programs are believing in my kids and team.
Primus Sports
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Primus Sports wrote:My 18u team made 5 trips to east coast Showcases and Camps within the last year. Pennsbury, New England's Finest, Team New Jersey, D9, Summer Scorcher. And those trips have paid off handsomely. Both in recruiting and with the relationships that we have forged with the Travel Coaches and College Coaches.

Most of my kids are all high academic and my entire roster consists of kids who want to go to school back east east.

We have targeted the smarty schools from the Ivy's to all the top D 3's in New England. All of our kids are athletic and well trained. We've also hosted many of the Coaches from the Academic schools at camps and Clinics in our facility is So Cal.

I want to brag a bit and say that my kids and Coaches have turned the heads of these East Coast Schools. We fly under the radar here in So Cal because we spend all of our Showcase time back east.Nobody knows who we are out here, but all of my 2015's are committed and our 2016's and 2017 are all being recruited by very good schools on the east coast.

We believe in the education and softball programs on the east coast and so far the Coaches of those programs are believing in my kids and team.

Nice promo Primus...

JR I'm hearing a lot of girls talking East Coast out here. We are part of one of those "connect" orgs with big name coaches in So Cal. Some of the top shelf talent are very interested in yo Chowda!

I believe it also attributed to the overall growth and growing talent pool.
tbjd33

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Are California players discovering DIII and smaller top-notch New England schools? Yes

Are these girls late in the recruiting game that missed the wave of Early commits? Yes

Had Tufts success in the DIII championships brought attention to the area? Not really, but I am familiar with them.

fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ca native » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:47 pm

My Daughter will be moving east next fall 2015 to play for Quinnipiac :D she's excited for The new experiences and the freezing winters :o We live in San Diego so it will be shocking :lol: But its what she wants.
ca native

by hit4power » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:14 am

Brought my DD up to school(early, she has a job in the eqip room) Her coach was telling us that they have a whole bunch of recruit interest from girls from California. The coach said that it seems to be a trend with many of the smaller DIII schools in both the NEWMAC and NESCAC- the coach was not sure why?

It's definitely happening - think my kid's team now has players from at least a dozen different states incl CA and that's up a lot in just the last two years. I think that when Forbes (or whomever) puts out its list of Top 50 schools and it's peppered with NESCAC, NEWMAC, and other smaller schools parents are taking notice. Another thought is that more girls are willing to go farther away. Social media, eg Facebook, Skype, etc have shrunk the world so even if you are 1000+ miles away from your home and HS friends, you still can stay in touch daily - not like when I went off to school and you had to cut the cord.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:24 am

TBJD let me add a testimonial to Team Primus what you call "promo" I call it a statementg of fact

This past June @ the Pennsbury Academic Camp I start chatting up The 2 team primus coaches, due to rain we'd moved indoors, "which one's your daughter" they ask "she's from Socal guys....the only one in shorts" :D by the time she had finished her workout they picked her up & had both an Big East & top academic DIII who liked her

Jonriv I just want to remind you that SoCal is the Mecca of fastpitch :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to College Recruiting