Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

End of Freshman Year

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by dodgerblue » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:51 pm

After an athlete completes her 1st year and decides she wants to return home does she still need to obtain a release from coach? or can she transfer and enroll close to home? She still wants to play ball but is missing home.
dodgerblue

by Makina » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:00 am

My understanding is that she must get an official release to play the following year. Otherwise must sit a year.
Makina

by dodgerblue » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks, don't know how that will go over.
dodgerblue

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:21 pm

dodgerblue wrote:Thanks, don't know how that will go over.

It won't!!! Expect the coach to be extremely pissed and to send a nice e-mail to the team. Should be fun.
Sftbll4ever

by freetacos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 pm

As long as she is not transfering to a school of the same conferance I doubt that the coach will balk on the release. This happens every year for lots of reasons. The main thing to remember is that her playing clock is running. She has 5 years to play 4 years of college and 1 year is nearly over.

she'll be ok

ft
freetacos

by dodgerblue » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:35 pm

It won't!!! Expect the coach to be extremely pissed and to send a nice e-mail to the team. Should be fun

You sound angry! Softball isn't the whole world and at this point she can come home and just go to school. Kids make decisions on leaving the state to play softball and decide they dont like where they're at and want to come home. I know the coach will be upset but she wasn't upset when she picked up 2 transfers that came home. Its a 2 way street.
dodgerblue

by bigdog mom » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:56 pm

I think it all depends on the coach. DD's coach said during the recruiting process that he would release her if a larger school closer to home wanted her later. She loves where she is at (out of state, 8 hours from home) and doubt she would transfer now if given the opportunity. I feel DD's coach may have an integrity factor that other's do not.
bigdog mom

by DonnieS » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:28 am

bigdog mom wrote:I think it all depends on the coach. DD's coach said during the recruiting process that he would release her if a larger school closer to home wanted her later. She loves where she is at (out of state, 8 hours from home) and doubt she would transfer now if given the opportunity. I feel DD's coach may have an integrity factor that other's do not.

Definitely, sounds like a coach that cares about whats best for his girls.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Softball